Samanthas Allnighter, Sheffield

Copied and posted on behalf of John as he can't seem to log on....

samsflyer.jpg

SATURDAY APRIL 15TH 2006 - EASTER SATURDAY

WHAT BETTER WAY WHEN YOU HAVE CRACKED YOUR EGG - GET THOSE FEET DOWN TO THE PEOPLE'S ALLNIGHTER

9.00PM - 6.00AM, PLEASE NOTE THERE'S NO ADMISSION AFTER 1.00AM

BAR UNTIL 6.00 AM

FOOD - SOFT DRINKS

THREE ROOMS - PLAYING UPFRONT/CURRENT/RARE/CLASSICS/OLDIES/R&B/MOTOWN/COLLECTORS

ROOM ONE WILL BE ESSENTIALLY A TYPICAL ALLNIGHTER ROOM

ROOM TWO WILL BE FOR OLDIES AND MOTOWN

ROOM THREE/RECORD BAR WILL BE FOR COLLECTORS - VOICE YOUR CHOICE

DJ'S are as follows: JV - GINGER - DAVE RIMMER - ROB WICKS - STEVE MANNION - JOHN PURVIS - PONDS FORGE CREW - PLUS INVITED GUESTS FOR ROOM THREE

ADMISSION BY FREE INVITE - NB: THIS IS AVAILABLE TO ALL AND IS NECESSARY TO GAIN ACCESS

INFO AND FREE INVITE RING JOHN ON 07974 122210 or EMAIL jvms@clara.co.uk

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Edited by vaultofsouler
  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got asked by John to be part of "room three" last Ponds Forge, and i'll definitely be there, we had a good feel to that room last time, packed all night, me, Mr Dutton, Mr Wooley, Mr Etheridge and even Des Parker on the decks at some time in the proceedings. Great music ( well if you like something a little left field, underplayed and semi-known....if not unknown....) all the way....get yourselfs down...and buy me a drink..... yes.gif

Got asked by John to be part of "room three" last Ponds Forge, and i'll definitely be there, we had a good feel to that room last time, packed all night, me, Mr Dutton, Mr Wooley, Mr Etheridge and even Des Parker on the decks at some time in the proceedings. Great music ( well if you like something a little left field, underplayed and semi-known....if not unknown....) all the way....get yourselfs down...and buy me a drink..... :thumbsup:

But you can't do two thirds of the night like last time. whistling.gif Coz I want half an hour as well.

No problem Steve, Mark has got an

array of people lined up for this room, plus some crazed Dj rota scheme.Anyway, i'll see you later, be good to discuss the merits of living in a Big City as opposed to those quaint little villages...... unsure.gif

Edited by Brett

No problem Steve, Mark has got a array of people lined up for this room, plus some crazed Dj rota scheme.

Anyway, i'll see you later, be good to discuss the merits of living in a Big City as opposed to those quaint little villages...... unsure.gif

Having lived in both Brett I can tell you life is so much better in a village :thumbsup:

array of people lined up for this room, plus some crazed Dj rota scheme.Anyway, i'll see you later, be good to discuss the merits of living in a Big City as opposed to those quaint little villages...... :D

The red mist descended when I read your post and initially thought about a campaign of terror to make you pay. But enough of my personality problems. unsure.gif

I originally thought that you meant the village I live in, but then realised you can only mean one place. :thumbsup:

Will see you and the poor maligned moderator between 7.30 and 8.00 tonight.

array of people lined up for this room, plus some crazed Dj rota scheme.Anyway, i'll see you later, be good to discuss the merits of living in a Big City as opposed to those quaint little villages...... :thumbsup:

HOPE IT'S A GREAT NIGHT...LIKE TO GET OVER SOMETIME , BUT BUSY THIS WEEKEND...SEE YOU SOON !!! C'N'C unsure.gif

P.S. I'VE LIVED IN BOTH AND PREFER THE ANONYMITY OF A BIG CITY WHERE I CAN PRACTISE MY FOUL ARTS WITHOUT BEING BURNT IN A WHICKER MAN AT DAWNS' FIRST LIGHT!!!!!

Edited by bearsoul

Steve, i meant discussing the merits of Mrs Wiggins dropping a stitch in young Ruperts cardigan, it'll make the front of the Gazette...........as opposed to "Stevie Brown" cutting some poor soul open with a boat hook. unsure.gif .........Better bring it back on Topic, not certain if Shane pulls the strings in this "Zone"....Think Joe,Dave,Ged, Mark,Errol you and me are lined up.should be good fun.

Steve, i meant discussing the merits of Mrs Wiggins dropping a stitch in young Ruperts cardigan, it'll make the front of the Gazette...........as opposed to "Stevie Brown" cutting some poor soul open with a boat hook. unsure.gif .........Better bring it back on Topic, not certain if Shane pulls the strings in this "Zone"....Think Joe,Dave,Ged, Mark,Errol you and me are lined up.should be good fun.

Where are you going after the Howard ?

Where are you going after the Howard ?

Might aswell stay there, Shanes got a load of "Tales" and insider knowledge, he says he wants to share with me, then you whistling.gif .

Edited by Brett
Guest ShaneH

Might aswell stay there, Shanes got a load of "Tales" and insider knowledge, he says he wants to share with me, then you whistling.gif .

you are the last person i would tell whistling.gif

Might aswell stay there, Shanes got a load of "Tales" and insider knowledge, he says he wants to share with me, then you :thumbsup: .

whistling.gif

Nah, I make the stuff up and tell him its true. Then wait for others to come up and say ' do you know......'

All good fun. whistling.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Copied and posted on behalf of John as he can't seem to log on....

samsflyer.jpg

SATURDAY APRIL 15TH 2006 - EASTER SATURDAY

WHAT BETTER WAY WHEN YOU HAVE CRACKED YOUR EGG - GET THOSE FEET DOWN TO THE PEOPLE'S ALLNIGHTER

9.00PM - 6.00AM, PLEASE NOTE THERE'S NO ADMISSION AFTER 1.00AM

BAR UNTIL 6.00 AM

FOOD - SOFT DRINKS

THREE ROOMS - PLAYING UPFRONT/CURRENT/RARE/CLASSICS/OLDIES/R&B/MOTOWN/COLLECTORS

ROOM ONE WILL BE ESSENTIALLY A TYPICAL ALLNIGHTER ROOM

ROOM TWO WILL BE FOR OLDIES AND MOTOWN

ROOM THREE/RECORD BAR WILL BE FOR COLLECTORS - VOICE YOUR CHOICE

DJ'S are as follows: JV - GINGER - DAVE RIMMER - ROB WICKS - STEVE MANNION - JOHN PURVIS - PONDS FORGE CREW - PLUS INVITED GUESTS FOR ROOM THREE

ADMISSION BY FREE INVITE - NB: THIS IS AVAILABLE TO ALL AND IS NECESSARY TO GAIN ACCESS

INFO AND FREE INVITE RING JOHN ON 07974 122210 or EMAIL jvms@clara.co.uk

THANKS FOR LOOKING

Just thought I'd bring this event back to the front page now that we are already into April ranting_1.gif ....

Hope to see some of you there on such a bumper Easter weekend of soul nites/niters ranting_1.gif ....

TICKETS & FURTHER INFO ON NUMBER OR E-MAIL IN ORIGINAL POST ABOVE

Just thought I'd bring this event back to the front page now that we are already into April :lol: ....

Hope to see some of you there on such a bumper Easter weekend of soul nites/niters :thumbsup: ....

TICKETS & FURTHER INFO ON NUMBER OR E-MAIL IN ORIGINAL POST ABOVE

just make sure Manny does not forget to turn up........... whistling.gif

:D

Nah, I make the stuff up and tell him its true. Then wait for others to come up and say ' do you know......'

All good fun. :shades:

Steve-I`ve done similar things for years. You find a person who can NEVER keep their mouth shut (you know who they are) and you feed `em whatever you like. Always gets results. So much fun.

i am afraid i am mandying/kirstying/rugrats/parenting out of this one :lol:

i am away for easter

hope all goes well

Shane

:shades:

Shane,

Once you have some responsibility in your life then you may use the excuse of Mandying/Kirstying out :yes:

Alternatively you could offer your babysitting services - though I'm not sure that I would trust you with my children! :no:

If you are at your girlfriends over Easter then theres a soulnight in Chelmsford on Easter Sunday - myself and my husband will be there!

Have a good time... :lol:

All a bit last minute this but John Vincent has kindly asked me to come over and play a few tunes on Saturday, i'm a little out of practice but really looking forward to this Allnighter, i'm not sure which room i'm in possibly the toilet...lol (please advise John so i know which box to pick up on my way out the door....lol)

Hope to see a few of you there on Saturday.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Got asked by John to be part of "room three" last Ponds Forge, and i'll definitely be there, we had a good feel to that room last time, packed all night, me, Mr Dutton, Mr Wooley, Mr Etheridge and even Des Parker on the decks at some time in the proceedings. Great music ( well if you like something a little left field, underplayed and semi-known....if not unknown....) all the way....get yourselfs down...and buy me a drink..... ranting_1.gif

Can i play a few in this room too....i'll be there anyway, see you Saturday.

Mark Bicknell.

Guest Jamie

Shane,

Once you have some responsibility in your life then you may use the excuse of Mandying/Kirstying out :D

Alternatively you could offer your babysitting services - though I'm not sure that I would trust you with my children! :lol:

If you are at your girlfriends over Easter then theres a soulnight in Chelmsford on Easter Sunday - myself and my husband will be there!

Have a good time... :lol:

:D You're getting that chauvanistic pig mixed up with me, Kirsty. My lady is from Chelmsford, but has since moved up to Leeds with me.

Shane's fairer half lives near Bolton, so it's a bit of a trek!

James puts on a very worthwile event and I'm a bit peeved to be missing it to be honest :(

Have a good night!

Jamie :lol:

Guest Marcelle

Well we`ve just got in .... !!!!

(yes killer we had filled up on the way, but nearly forgot to fill up on the way back that story will come later)

Anyway just wanted to say a huge thanks to John for putting on last night .... :)

I had a top night, danced alot chatted alot, drank a little .... which is the reason that I go to soul venues.

Was good to meet & chat to fellow ss members, oh & hide from a few (joking) :lol:

heard a few of my golden oldies being played, enjoyed the memory trip into the sounds that got me dancing 1 or 2 yrs ago ... cant say anyone dj ( not wont say) did the best spot for me, as I think I actually danced to some from each one, which I havent done for such a long time ... so thanks to you all.

oh go on then

journey to ..... estimated time of journey 1hr 3mins distance 63miles (yes we did that) well to sheffield ! of course we then had to do a tour of Sheffield ! So journey time became 2hrs & 40mins !!!

journey back add a bit extra on for dropping Wendy off (what a corker she is & yes I will be putting the piccys up, but I dont think she will be accepting a lift of Chris again) so say 15miles making it 78miles ... but not us total round trip SHOULD have been 141miles

we did total of 235miles hmmm as we very nearly went via London oh yes we went on the wrong motorway ....

Now Mark what was that about me spinning a few tunes for you ..... :lol:

Been to 2 venues in 3 days, & enjoyed them both immensley .... so all I need now to get the hat trick of 3 good nights is tonight in Leeds ....

oh should you see us ... on the way take pity on us & guide us in PLEASE I will be ever so grateful :lol::lol:

Nbg2shoes XX

Guest Marcelle

Sounds like it was a good night Marcelle, maybe you should trade Chris in for a Tom Tom though :lol::)

Hi Karen ...

yeah it was a good night for me ... was good to dance as much as I did !!

forget the tom toms ... he`s getting him his own car .... so he can go on these extended journeys & be stressed on his own !!!

Its becoming a "habit" now that when I walk into a venue .... im handed a large whiskey !!!

Have a top night @ Steam

im hitting the sack to "recharge the batteries" before I start the journey into my hat trick of 3 venues & 3 good nights ... (oh shit here we go again oh please somebody take pity on me & pick me up I promise to be a very good passenger)

Marcelle xx

Thanks again to John Vincent for giving me a go, really nice to be back after my little break, not gonna be out every weekend but intend to try and do a few more gigs, good to see Marcelle and Chris, John and Dawn Purvis, Sid and Bernie and all the brilliant crowd loved it! big thanks to Mark Ethridge for the use of his sofa, special shout to Wendy from Dublin who's totally crackers trust you got back to Manchester ok then on to Dublin, my only regret is not pinching a Mars Bar easter egg at Mark's house...lol

Regards and Thanks - Mark Bicknell.

My first time at Samanthas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Made it from Rugby in 50 minutes :) . Met some lovely people and couldnt stay off the dancefloor . Hello to Wendy - what a star!! Got some good piccis so will post em when my hangover has gone (which may take some time)

Thanks to all involved for a great evening

Denise x

My first time at Samanthas and thoroughly enjoyed it. Made it from Rugby in 50 minutes :) . Met some lovely people and couldnt stay off the dancefloor . Hello to Wendy - what a star!! Got some good piccis so will post em when my hangover has gone (which may take some time)

Thanks to all involved for a great evening

Denise x

We all aim to please .................in Sheffield :lol::lol: so glad you had a good night. but then again so did did over 350+ not sure on the exact numbers

Nb

Samantha's,

Drove up from Norridge in Norfolk with Kev Fev and got to say glad I did. Absolutely blinding venue with superb sounds played from start to finish. I certainly saw a lot of people having a jolly lovely time indeed.

I think it is also commendable that John Vincent can put on a gig where the punters get in free for 9 hours of wall to wall soul. Top drawer is what I say and for those of you who couldn't make it, I would seriously pencil the next one in your diary when a date is announced. (Let us all know John!!)

Great night!! :D

Guest ShaneH

Nice to see you there Phil,, how many years since you last visit ???

The place that put Northern Soul into Sheffield tongue.gif

Shame Shane H missed it though all that birdin or summat rolleyes.gif

:D

i was 'birdin' it yes

you barnsley lads wanna try that now and again thumbsup.gif

will be at the next one :)

Shane

Guest Phil Richards

Nice to see you there Phil,, how many years since you last visit ???

The place that put Northern Soul into Sheffield :yes:

Shame Shane H missed it though all that birdin or summat :thumbsup:

1977 i think :thumbsup: me and woody will be back he can drive next time :thumbsup:

Guest BIGBOY

Samantha's,

Drove up from Norridge in Norfolk with Kev Fev and got to say glad I did. Absolutely blinding venue with superb sounds played from start to finish. I certainly saw a lot of people having a jolly lovely time indeed.

I think it is also commendable that John Vincent can put on a gig where the punters get in free for 9 hours of wall to wall soul. Top drawer is what I say and for those of you who couldn't make it, I would seriously pencil the next one in your diary when a date is announced. (Let us all know John!!)

Great night!! :yes:

Next all night session is Saturday 2nd September.

Thanks to every who supported the PEOPLE'S ALL NITER.

My way of giving you something back after all these years, pass it around!

JOHN VINCENT

Source Advert