Which Part Of The Country Has The Most Dedicated Soul Fans?

Guest ShaneH

• Replies 70
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Back on topic, I think people in the North West are really lucky as they have so much choice on their doorstep, if I lived there I'm not so sure I would travel as much as I do, but then again, as said before the travelling is part of the night.

Off to New York in April, now that is a trip and a half thumbsup.gif

Social source share

can we keep this on topic please people.

================================

i travel a long way on a regular basis ph34r.gif

And the best are from down south right? :lol:

Social source share

NO

what i meant is that there arent many who travel a long way on a regular basis. but maybe that is the same for every area - you will have a few regular travellers and some people depending on where they live dont have to travel much to go to good nites; and there's nothing wrong if people dont want to travel far at all.

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Well i am young compared to lots of soul fans i know only 25 and i can't even get outside of Peterborough to travel to events. I am very lucky to get to soul nights here cause i go after work or i kindly ask to work hour early and finish hour early so i can get to soul night as early as possible so i stay till end, my friends wouldn't have a clue so i have to take my dad who is madly obsessed with Northern soul and told me he would love to part with his whole record collection of pop, rock, dance, country, all styles just so he can replace them with Northern soul singles. I end up coming on here to find stuff to buy for him, As for travel again i know someone here who goes all over to travel and has done since the old days. Dad's friends are DJ's here, Skip Stuart, Jonnah and Nigel, Also Andy Smudge Smith well known round here, My dad's other friend is Adi Bull well known here for collecting.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

All the off topic posts have ben removed.

Can we please keep things on topic.

Thanks

Nick

no they haven't but it's close enough i spose

Davie

Social source share

Well i am young compared to lots of soul fans i know only 25 and i can't even get outside of Peterborough to travel to events. I am very lucky to get to soul nights here cause i go after work or i kindly ask to work hour early and finish hour early so i can get to soul night as early as possible so i stay till end, my friends wouldn't have a clue so i have to take my dad who is madly obsessed with Northern soul and told me he would love to part with his whole record collection of pop, rock, dance, country, all styles just so he can replace them with Northern soul singles. I end up coming on here to find stuff to buy for him, As for travel again i know someone here who goes all over to travel and has done since the old days. Dad's friends are DJ's here, Skip Stuart, Jonnah and Nigel, Also Andy Smudge Smith well known round here, My dad's other friend is Adi Bull well known here for collecting.

Can I ask why you can't get to travel ? I go with a couple of younger soulies, 20 and 25

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Depends what you mean by dedicated.

I'm out every Friday and Saturday night at a venue. I have 6 cds always on in the car. I play records at home when at home, on my laptop when away from home, I come on here when I can, I search numerous websites, auction houses via the web, contact non soul dealers in the US, find second hand record shops in every town I visit with work. I live in Blackpool but am rarely at home.

I guess the question though Shane appears to be which part of the country has soul fans who travel furthest to get to venues?

YE GODS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE OBSESSED

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Karen in case you forgot i said that i work a lot at nights my job is in a well known posh supermarket (Somerfield) i get the hours 3.45 - 8,45. So tell me anyway i can travel to any events, i can be cheeky and ask for as much time off if i want and get sacked because i went to loads of Northern soul nights instead of working lol. Dad don't work at night so can go to as many here as he wishes

Social source share

Think us cider ed,s from Somerset av to do some miles mind most niter,s are a 450 mile round trip on average thats why tis nice to av a weekender down er in the summer at Brean Sands in June :thumbsup:

HB ph34r.gif

Social source share

Karen in case you forgot i said that i work a lot at nights my job is in a well known posh supermarket (Somerfield) i get the hours 3.45 - 8,45. So tell me anyway i can travel to any events, i can be cheeky and ask for as much time off if i want and get sacked because i went to loads of Northern soul nights instead of working lol. Dad don't work at night so can go to as many here as he wishes

do you work on a sat too, then Paul? 8.45 just enough time to finnish work have a shower and jump on t'train down to the 100 club :lol: your only just discovering this music, dont get set in the ways of so many of the Peterborough soulies, theres so much out there to discover :thumbsup: (not knocking them just an observation, and if there happy to do it then thats fine)

P.S when did Somerfield become posh ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest Ms Murray

I hear many people on my travels tell me things like "those London soulies never venture north" and "most people in Lancs never attend events outside the county"

is this true?

therefore, who are the best travellers?

Shane

"most people in Lancs never attend events outside the county"

Well I'm not most people!!! :thumbsup: I spend more time in Sheffield than you do these days mate! I've done so much travelling recently that I've lost count(-ies)!!!

By the way castles don't count as venues!!! :yes:ohmy.gif:lol:

Touch

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

"most people in Lancs never attend events outside the county"

Well I'm not most people!!! :thumbsup: I spend more time in Sheffield than you do these days mate! I've done so much travelling recently that I've lost count(-ies)!!!

By the way castles don't count as venues!!! :yes:ohmy.gif:lol:

Touch

oooh get back in that knife drawer :P

yes i agree you are a good traveller.

Social source share

I am Billy but as you no he likes to get rid of me ohmy.gif:yes:

That mite be so but why inflicked the pain on us at a weekend :P:P:P But there again if you weren,t there who else are we gonna laff at :thumbsup:

HB :lol:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

I work Saturdays aswell, i need money to travel, i spend most of my money buying CD's and records. I just in future to go and travel just right now i work and go to as many locally. Somerfield is as posher as Kwik save to what it used to be

Social source share

I think you'll find that would be us midlanders be they east or west midlanders

Ive looked at a map recently and the most clubs are still clustered in the midlands but does that prove they are the best attended??

Well I went to kingsway hall at the weekend and it was still well attended even tho skeg weekender was on.

Id say there was about 100 of us in there and we had an absolutely bloody brill night and the promoters couldn't thank the punters enough for attending

Mand :lol:

Social source share

I think you'll find that would be us midlanders be they east or west midlanders

Ive looked at a map recently and the most clubs are still clustered in the midlands but does that prove they are the best attended??

Well I went to kingsway hall at the weekend and it was still well attended even tho skeg weekender was on.

Id say there was about 100 of us in there and we had an absolutely bloody brill night and the promoters couldn't thank the punters enough for attending

Social source share

sorry about the double post!

Ive gone off at a tangent a bit haven't I?

We go to a soul do nearly every weekend

Doesn't that mean I'm dedicated?

not a matter of how far I travel surely

I don't always stay on my doorstep

Altho I do consider myself a lesser soulie because I can't dedicate all my time to northern soul that I would like (family commitments)

some I know who travel greater distances have visited nearly every "shrine " I consider them more fortunate to have that luxury.

But I still consider myself dedicated

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert