Ebay Sellers Again

Mak

This may have been talked about on numerous occasions. As we all do if I ever see a record that we want desperately orjust fancy at a bargain we bid on it , ok and if your lucky you win it.Yesterday I won a choon . Not rare ,not expensive to buy over here (£20/25) so I put a bid on it of $10. In the dicription the seller stated it was a rare record (as they do) and stated it's value at $100/150 (twat) when I got my invoice he had banged the delivery up to $15 , way over the odds . This now makes the record less of a bargain. do these twats do this on purpose to recover a bit of cash they think they've lost out on. :angry: the record btw is--

THE ROE O TATIONS - SPECIAL DELIVERY - GERIM

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can't agree more! This really infuriates me, it beggars belief too that some UK dealers charge £2.50 for postage for one 45 record! and that's NOT recorded delivery either! (Not that you really need that anyway, you should be covered by Ebay, Paypal upto £500).

Where do they get these postage prices from?

Fact: One 45 record costs about 46p to post in the UK, and about $4 (£2.30) from the USA standard rate(Craig Moerer only charges $3.50). Ok, so add on a wee bit for packing.

One guy in the States wanted to charge me $25 (that's about £15!!!!) to post an L.P...I told him to get stuffed and he promptly reduced it to $12, just proves it's part of their money making scam!

On the other hand, if you're getting The Magnetics on Bonnie for $5 you don't mind paying $25 postage!!! LOL!!!!!!

Social source share

Can't agree more! This really infuriates me, it beggars belief too that some UK dealers charge £2.50 for postage for one 45 record! and that's NOT recorded delivery either! (Not that you really need that anyway, you should be covered by Ebay, Paypal upto £500).

Where do they get these postage prices from?

Fact: One 45 record costs about 46p to post in the UK, and about $4 (£2.30) from the USA standard rate(Craig Moerer only charges $3.50). Ok, so add on a wee bit for packing.

One guy in the States wanted to charge me $25 (that's about £15!!!!) to post an L.P...I told him to get stuffed and he promptly reduced it to $12, just proves it's part of their money making scam!

On the other hand, if you're getting The Magnetics on Bonnie for $5 you don't mind paying $25 postage!!! LOL!!!!!!

HI

i can only go by my own situation

post for 1 record with decent packing e.g 2 pieces of decent card costs 64 pence

mailer costs another 20 pence,

i charge 1-00 ,recorded is another 60+ pence last time i looked

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

here are the actual costs of sending a 45 first class in the UK if you use Covers33 mailers and stiffeners.

mailer £0.44p each (£11 for 25)

Stiffeners £0.28p for 2 (£13.99 for 100)

postage £0.68p (4p increase since the 1st april)

Total cost £1.40

recorded is another £0.60p approx.

obviously you can buy the mailers/stiffeners in larger quantities to reduce the price.

I charge £1.25 on ebay for 2 records.

Shane

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert