Wigan Rejects

• 10 years later...
On 23/03/2013 at 09:56, Godzilla said:

Double Crossing was the instrumental to Bobby Mandoplh's "Gotta Get You Back" it was released (legally?) credited to the Cliff Goldsmith Orchestra  - on vault if I remember correctly.

Looking through old Soul Groove sales lists and I see Rudzy had Cliff Goldsmith (Vault) - Double Crossing on his July 1976 list for £10 (£89 in todays money with inflation) on a page headed "the following are ALL Massive Northern Monsters fresh from the states. All are originals. GET EM QUICK"

This seems to be a seriously obscure record. Not on 45cat, not on Discogs as far as I can tell. It is on YouTube, and that is the only other reference I can find. The YouTube vid shows the record which looks like it has a catalog number (519) that does not fit in to any of the Vault catalog number runs (unless it is 919, but it doesn't look like it).  If it is in fact 919 that would date it to 1965. Bobby Mandolph vocal version is 949 dating to 1969 according to 45cat.

Sam Fletcher does have a documented release on Vault (but not the same Vault as has different label design to all others on the label?) sometime in the 70s (1972?) with a catalog# 502. 

So was Double Crossing really a legit 60s Vault release?   

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!