Jay Boy Records - Us Releases?

Youyou

Hello all,

I have got a question about Jay Boy records. I have always thought that Jay Boy issued only in the UK.

But when I look at Discogs, it seems that they released as well singles in the US:

https://www.discogs.com/Doris-Willingham-You-Cant-Do-That-Lost-Again/master/610341

So, is me being wrong about Jay Boy only releasing in the UK, or are the Discogs entries wrong?

Might be a beginner question for a lot of you, but you need to start somewhere  :) Thanks a lot for your help!

Jurgen

Social source share

Benji,

Hat Jay Boy die Singles in Deutschland selber vertrieben, oder ist das ueber eine der grossen Plattenfirmen gehandelt worden!

Viele Gruesse

Jurgen

And for the ones who don't know German (I was just too happy to write something in German, have left my country seven years ago): I asked Benji whether JayBoy releaesed the singles in Germany on their own, or if they were distributed via another company.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

President Germany releases were pressed and distributed by Ariola, the cat number's 'AT' suffix is the clue.

Jay Boy were either pressed/distributed by a major or even a sub-label. The cat numbers don't have the 'AT' suffix so it's not Ariola. Have to check my collection at home to come up with more details

BTW, there were two different label designs of the US Jay Boy issue of Doris Willingham.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Jay Boy were either pressed/distributed by a major or even a sub-label. The cat numbers don't have the 'AT' suffix so it's not Ariola.

Metronome manufactured and/or distributed these german JayBoy releases:

JAY BOY, JB 30.001 - Shadrocks - There Is / Jigsaw

JAY BOY, JB 30.002 - Doris Willingham - You Can't Do That / Lost Again

JAY BOY, JB 30.003 - Hogs - It's All Coming To Me Now / Motor Cycle Rider  

JAY BOY, JB 30.004 - E.K. Bunch - Banana / Free

post-1392-0-36789100-1392381067_thumb.jp   post-1392-0-58817100-1392381065_thumb.jp   post-1392-0-31531000-1392381066_thumb.jp   post-1392-0-12432200-1392381065_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!