Standard Template For All Flyers?

Winnie :-)

I suppose firstly is it practical, and if so what would you want to see on it. Some of the things I'd expect

1) Music played off original format/Music played not off original format

2) Nearest car park/on site parking/size

3) Entrance fee

4) Size of dance floor ie: 60' by 45' etc alternatively in square feet, so unusual shape floors could be catered for.

5) Is the floor wood/sprung or has it got a coating, sort of rubber, or tile

6) Is tea and coffee available, not available.

7) Who's DJ'n and if possible in what order.

There's probably loads of other things, over to you  :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I would have thought the most important one would be music policy -  I do realise that "across the board" can be all things to all men but could there be  specifics of the type  of music the punters  I would hear? eg

next to each DJ's name - have 2/3 of their current faves

also what about the proportion of their spot that would be different to their previous outing? 

Social source share

How much room do some think there is on a flyer?  For some of the suggestions you would need A3 size flyer.  You just need the basics, if you are out and about on a regular or even semi regular basis you should have a good idea of what DJ plays what.  Across the board everyone should take with a pinch of salt as it is basically meaningless when referring to the large majority of venues.  To begin listing current spins and previous spins of the DJ's is taking it a bit far don't you think? 

Anyway more to the point, are flyers really needed these days?  I can reach most of those who attend all-nighters with all the information needed via the events section on here and Facebook.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

All flyers should be on an A2 sheet & all wording done in 72pt Arial Bold type.........so I can read them without my bloody glasses :lol:

"Across The Board" should be banned off all flyers or most night's who use it should be done under Trades Description Act as they don't get close :wink: 

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's the rain forest I feel sorry for...

Why?

The pulp used in the manufacture of most paper stocks comes from softwood.

The bulk of the European manufacture is taken from managed sustainable forests.

The destruction and de-forestation of tropical rain forest is primarily undertaken for the expansion of grazing of commercial meat products

Blame MacDonalds, not a printer....

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All flyers should be on an A2 sheet & all wording done in 72pt Arial Bold type.........so I can read them without my bloody glasses :lol:

"Across The Board" should be banned off all flyers or most night's who use it should be done under Trades Description Act as they don't get close :wink: 

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn,

where's your typographical flair....

they all should be printed on a hand fed platen or if not then at least using movable wooden type....

I would suggest Bodini Poster as the face of choice.

Regards

Across the board printing.com

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Martyn,

where's your typographical flair....

they all should be printed on a hand fed platen or if not then at least using movable wooden type....

I would suggest Bodini Poster as the face of choice.

Regards

Across the board printing.com

Steve

There's always a failed comp out there waiting to jump on us poor machine-men :D

But if pushed it would have to be done on a hand fed Arab whilst been powered by a foot peddle :P 

I'm sticking with Arial Bold I like the straight lines,never cared for those bloody serifs :lol:

Cheers

NGA

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Why?

The pulp used in the manufacture of most paper stocks comes from softwood.

The bulk of the European manufacture is taken from managed sustainable forests.

The destruction and de-forestation of tropical rain forest is primarily undertaken for the expansion of grazing of commercial meat products

Blame MacDonalds, not a printer....

I did know all of that Steve - and a little bit more about de-forestation and its causes - you must blame my sense of humour (often misguided I know) for thinking that it was possible to not take the whole thing too seriously.

I apologise if I offend your environmental or professional sensibilities - I blame those who frequent McDonalds and eat meat (causing said de-forestation) as much as McDonalds itself.

I also apologise to the mods for going off topic.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

All a good flyer needs is:
Where (which town/City) it's taking place in larger letters for the not so well sighted and in dark rooms/clubs.
The address and postcode of the venue
The DJs and what style of music will be played
An eye catching design so it stands out from the other flyers it's going to get put next to.
Times of the event
and event rules i.e age limits etc.

In other words as much info as possible without writing a manuscript.

Edited by Northern Soul UK
Social source share

All a good flyer needs is:

Where (which town/City) it's taking place in larger letters for the not so well sighted and in dark rooms/clubs.

The address and postcode of the venue

The DJs and what style of music will be played

An eye catching design so it stands out from the other flyers it's going to get put next to.

Times of the event

and event rules i.e age limits etc.

In other words as much info as possible without writing a manuscript.

Probably only so much can be said about flyers, and I think it has been, so as thread starter will close  :thumbsup:

Social source share