Temptations "stay" 7"

Chris L

It was a promo only 7"........seems to be fetching £300+

A modern soul boys life is much simpler when the tunes aren't popular with the Northern scene! LOL

Oh well that big phat bassline opening is much more suited to deep grooved 12", so that will have to do me.......

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 3
Social source share

It was a promo only 7"........seems to be fetching £300+

A modern soul boys life is much simpler when the tunes aren't popular with the Northern scene! LOL

Oh well that big phat bassline opening is much more suited to deep grooved 12", so that will have to do me.......

Cheers,

Mark R

are you allowed to use the word ' phat '  if you are beyond your twenties ? :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

Social source share

But most that turn their noses up at programmed drums would see past that if they could find a copy for a couple of quid and sell it for £100.................funny that!

You can see it now................."The great Temptations caught the imagination in the 90's with this great tune based on "My Girl", only a handful of promo 45's slipped out............a must have in any collection, grab it now for £100, the price can only rise!"

And nothing about programmed drums................... LOL!

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

I must have been giving them away then, I sold a small handful between £30 and £40 a couple of years back...  :ohmy:

attachicon.gifTemptations Stay.JPG

and got mine too from jb as did mick wad, joe lakin... must have been others..kev briscoe had a handful too i recall..... well mine was 30 but traded a 45 with john i picked up for 5 euro so we were both happy...quite a few copies in south yorkshire

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Promos?

More likely copies for juke boxes. That's what I always thought. 

Played it as a brand new release at Essence, it appeared about a week before the weekender….dropped it in, took the roof off! Think Steve Plumb had the 7s, and cheap too. You have to be quick to grab a bargain in this old world. 

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Yes Steve, I'd got them down as copies intended for juke boxes rather than promos.

Maybe the white colour confuses some people into thinking they are promos?

When it first got played, I thought it was as a CD track. I don't recall seeing it on vinyl for some time afterwards and that would have been the 12".

The 7" appeared later still and was indeed sold by Steve Plumb at Essence, but they were actually Kev Briscoe's copies that he was selling for him.

Social source share

When it first got played, I thought it was as a CD track. I don't recall seeing it on vinyl for some time afterwards and that would have been the 12".

The 7" appeared later still............

That makes complete sense to me John, as I would have bought whatever came first in order to get the track..................so I would have bought it on CD as a new release, grabbed a 12" to get it on vinyl and then chose to swerve the 7" as I'd got my vinyl fix via the 12".

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!