Sunnysoul

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Was just thinking about Beach Music tunes that have crossed over and become loved by Northern and Rare Soul fans ... loads of course ... personally, the first one that came to my mind was the fabulous Admiral Shohn Ice "Carolina Girl" .

How 'bout you ??? ohmy.gif

Fave beach 'oldie' - The Showmen: The Wrong Girl

Fave beach 'modern' - Ollie Nightingale: She's In A Midnight Mood In The Middle Of The Day

...'n' plenty more besides....

TONE thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Too many really, lot of stuff falls into the 'beach' catagory, not just Carolina recorded stuff, but Georgia and Alabama too Check out https://www.carolinasoul.org/ for all the Carolina labels and artists. Click on the little red records next to the label name for some lovely label scans, many of which I aint never seen blush.gif When you read thru' the list, especialy the Carolina artists on non carolina and national labels, the ammount of northern' acts that came from the area is amazing!

Would probably list Embers-'First time' JCP, Main Change "Sunshine is her way" Nebula, and Anthony & Aqualads "I remember' Gold Bee as a few faves, but that would leave a hell of a lot out, like Appreciations, Greater Experience, the Passions, Nomads, Mixed Feelings........ wink.gif

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Was just thinking about Beach Music tunes that have crossed over and become loved by Northern and Rare Soul fans ... loads of course ... personally, the first one that came to my mind was the fabulous Admiral Shohn Ice "Carolina Girl" .

How 'bout you ??? :D

SAINTS - I'LL LET YOU SLIDE - WIGWAM FANTASTIC whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Another great 'beach' site is this one

https://www.heybabydays.com/index.html

Great photo's whistling.gif Again,click on the bands section. Lists all beach music related bands, not just carolina groups. The northern soul content is huge! Really does show how 'parallel' the two scenes are/were. In fact, the beach scene guys were dancing to some of our classic northern tunes before we were :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert