Ellingtons Destined to be a loser DJ Copy

nickanone

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A copy like the one above sold on eBay this week for £35 !!! This was the starting price of the auction and there was just 1 bid.

The description said it was an original demo. I was under the impression it was a bootleg.

I don't think is gets played out much these days. I would have thought an original would be about £100 but wouldn't be surprised to see it anywhere between £50 and £250 in the current mad world of records.

Certainly one that you would NOT describe as "just right for today"!

By the way, I've always liked it from when it was a "newie" back in the 70's. 

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/09/2016 at 20:16, bo diddley said:

A copy like the one above sold on eBay this week for £35 !!! This was the starting price of the auction and there was just 1 bid.

The description said it was an original demo. I was under the impression it was a bootleg.

I don't think is gets played out much these days. I would have thought an original would be about £100 but wouldn't be surprised to see it anywhere between £50 and £250 in the current mad world of records.

Certainly one that you would NOT describe as "just right for today"!

By the way, I've always liked it from when it was a "newie" back in the 70's. 

I want to say this was played around 76 , 77 speed does play funny tricks on the memory- a classic 100 mph dance floor packer for the speed freaks (everyone) to raise the heart beat just that little bit more, played back to back with Rubin you've been away - today it would almost empty the floor  - classic sound 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert