Jimmy Thomas : The Beautiful Night.

Ik001

Jimmy Thomas : The Beautiful Night. U.K. Parlophone.

Still after this one. Condition not so important.

Richard Searling once described this one as " a junk shoppers record" so surely there must be a spare but well used playable copy out there (hopefully?).

Many thanks,

In Anticipation,

Ian

Edited by ik001
Social source share

Just now, sammy seaman said:

but is it for sale ?

sammy

I think it is Sammy but I've offered him £350 but not enough. I've never seen an issue before. I think he said he was going to sell sometime in the near future? so I suppose he posted to create a bit of interest? I'm just after a playable copy. Old School Northern this one not everyone's taste but I love it, especially the intro. The late Tony Banks booted this but it is an awful reproduction without the intro.  Actually saw Jimmy Thomas performing this at the Calla-gran at Fleetwood many years ago.

Social source share

13 minutes ago, ik001 said:

I think it is Sammy but I've offered him £350 but not enough. I've never seen an issue before. I think he said he was going to sell sometime in the near future? so I suppose he posted to create a bit of interest? I'm just after a playable copy. Old School Northern this one not everyone's taste but I love it, especially the intro. The late Tony Banks booted this but it is an awful reproduction without the intro.  Actually saw Jimmy Thomas performing this at the Calla-gran at Fleetwood many years ago.

old torch sound I love it as well should be interesting if and when he puts it up

sammy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

12 minutes ago, sheep said:

I have a stock copy, so that's 4.

So there could be hundreds? Think you should off-load it before the price drops LOL.

I've been after this for a long time and as someone once commented on a Soul programme "the chase/hunt for a particular record is more exciting than the end purchase" which is some respects I tend to agree with.

Social source share

9 minutes ago, stanley said:

when you look at the condition and take in how rare it is ...i,d expect it to go for 500 to 600 uk pds . 

Well I hope it does Stanley but I'm sure when I was taking to someone else about it they did mention £700, but at the end of the day you have to find someone to splash out that amount and I'm afraid "I'm Out" LOL, but good luck!

• Helpful 1
Social source share