Promoter Female Dj's

Guest Phil Richards

Totally agree, gender should not be a question asked when booking a DJ........... however, this is an age old issue, started by the greeks (did gender restrictions in art as my thesis for degree, traced this policy back to pandoras box..........got me a 1st tho wacko.gif )

Kylie was also told to forget getting a spot at the Mars Bar in worcester too, for this very reason.........unfortunately for her she is also under 40, double trouble....

BUT having experienced dancing to her sets several times now (last one has earned her a spot in the main room at Studio 1 on Friday)...........she certainly is competition for the 'established elite'.......

Hope she doesn't get disheartened and give up :thumbsup:

Kylie is not on this friday but she will be booked for the main room in the new year :thumbup: as i had all ready told her, last time she came to dudley she played a nice spot in room 2 so she will now get a booking in the main room :yes:

Social source share

• Replies 62
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rushden

Next week we have the 9th australian national & 6 ladys are on the roster as every year they do the buisness down under fair play to em regards john

Friday Night - John Curtin Hotel 8pm - 3am8.008.45VERA SUTCLIFFE8.459.30KEITH MILLER9.3010.15VAN ASTBURY10.1511.00BRIAN CUNNINGHAM11.0011.45BRIAN WILLIAMS11.4512.30NIGEL LOVELESS12.301.15TODD CAVENDER1.152.00ADY HARLEY2.00ClosePAUL SADOT Saturday Night - The Hi-Fi Bar 8pm - 7am8.008.50DAVE ADKIN8.509.40KEV CORE9.4010.30ALEX WHITE10.3011.20MIKE RITSON11.2012.10DENNY JOHNSON12.101.00PETE MORGAN-JONES1.001.50JUSTIN ROCHE1.502.40BOB NORMAN2.403.30PETE FOWLER3.304.20ANDY SMITH4.205.10VINCE PEACH5.106.00JOHN WARREN6.00ClosePETE FEVEN Sunday Alldayer - Exford Hotel 2pm - 2am2.002.45TONY EDGLEY2.453.30PAT PENDING3.304.15STEVE PARKER4.155.00NICK PRATT5.005.45NETTI NEUGEBAUER5.456.30CHRISSIE FLISK6.307.15SAMANTHA GOLDIE7.158.00LEE GARNETT8.008.45BAZZA8.459.30BERNHARD SCHMITZ9.3010.15MIRIAM FEVEN10.1511.00KEITH SUTCLIFFE11.0011.45STEVE GRIFFIN11.4512.30GEORGE COUMBIS12.301.15BARRY SIMPSON1.15CloseFRANK DRISCOLL

Social source share

Next week we have the 9th australian national & 6 ladys are on the roster as every year they do the buisness down under fair play to em regards john

Friday Night - John Curtin Hotel 8pm - 3am8.008.45VERA SUTCLIFFE8.459.30KEITH MILLER9.3010.15VAN ASTBURY10.1511.00BRIAN CUNNINGHAM11.0011.45BRIAN WILLIAMS11.4512.30NIGEL LOVELESS12.301.15TODD CAVENDER1.152.00ADY HARLEY2.00ClosePAUL SADOT Saturday Night - The Hi-Fi Bar 8pm - 7am8.008.50DAVE ADKIN8.509.40KEV CORE9.4010.30ALEX WHITE10.3011.20MIKE RITSON11.2012.10DENNY JOHNSON12.101.00PETE MORGAN-JONES1.001.50JUSTIN ROCHE1.502.40BOB NORMAN2.403.30PETE FOWLER3.304.20ANDY SMITH4.205.10VINCE PEACH5.106.00JOHN WARREN6.00ClosePETE FEVEN Sunday Alldayer - Exford Hotel 2pm - 2am2.002.45TONY EDGLEY2.453.30PAT PENDING3.304.15STEVE PARKER4.155.00NICK PRATT5.005.45NETTI NEUGEBAUER5.456.30CHRISSIE FLISK6.307.15SAMANTHA GOLDIE7.158.00LEE GARNETT8.008.45BAZZA8.459.30BERNHARD SCHMITZ9.3010.15MIRIAM FEVEN10.1511.00KEITH SUTCLIFFE11.0011.45STEVE GRIFFIN11.4512.30GEORGE COUMBIS12.301.15BARRY SIMPSON1.15CloseFRANK DRISCOLL

Lady DJs :

It is about time that the age - old MC fixation regarding our female counterparts ended .

It may not be obvious , surprisingly , but they all have an equivelent knowledge , passion , enthusiasm , attitude , awareness for and to , our music , and the ability to pick a tune , as we males .

I recently had the privilege of using the same set of decks in Italy ( at The Club Sonar All - Nighter in Siena ) as BARBARA GRASSI of Genova's Black Trefoil Soul Club : Prior to meeting Barbara , I was in awe of doing so , as her reputation preceded her , stated by many to include the required ' components ' as detailed in the paragraph above - and more .

I am pleased to say that her reputation was true , and that all the ' components ' were there , especially the ' pick a tune ' part . Barbara's spots during the night were a treat : a wide cross - section of tastful vinyl , which included Baby Washington " Leave Me Alone "

The Majestics " ( I Love Her So Much ) It Hurts Me " Tobi Lark " Happiness Is Here " and Charles Mintz " Running Back " . I do not dance usually , but she had me moving my old bones on several occasions with the choice of records she played .

I am endeavouring to bring Barbara over to the UK next summer , along with the dynamic duo of Pisa's Leaning Tower Soul Club , Roccia & Meni , to take part in a special all - nighter . Watch this space as they say .

Hopefully , if people are still not converted before then that our lady counterparts can " do the business " , they will be after Barbara has left the decks .

Malc Burton

PS .... if you are reading this Barbara ,

You are welcome in my kitchen anyday !! thumbsup.gif

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Lady DJs :

It is about time that the age - old MC fixation regarding our female counterparts ended .

It may not be obvious , surprisingly , but they all have an equivelent knowledge , passion , enthusiasm , attitude , awareness for and to , our music , and the ability to pick a tune , as we males .

I recently had the privilege of using the same set of decks in Italy ( at The Club Sonar All - Nighter in Siena ) as BARBARA GRASSI of Genova's Black Trefoil Soul Club : Prior to meeting Barbara , I was in awe of doing so , as her reputation preceded her , stated by many to include the required ' components ' as detailed in the paragraph above - and more .

I am pleased to say that her reputation was true , and that all the ' components ' were there , especially the ' pick a tune ' part . Barbara's spots during the night were a treat : a wide cross - section of tastful vinyl , which included Baby Washington " Leave Me Alone "

The Majestics " ( I Love Her So Much ) It Hurts Me " Tobi Lark " Happiness Is Here " and Charles Mintz " Running Back " . I do not dance usually , but she had me moving my old bones on several occasions with the choice of records she played .

I am endeavouring to bring Barbara over to the UK next summer , along with the dynamic duo of Pisa's Leaning Tower Soul Club , Roccia & Meni , to take part in a special all - nighter . Watch this space as they say .

Hopefully , if people are still not converted before then that our lady counterparts can " do the business " , they will be after Barbara has left the decks .

Malc Burton

You are welcome in my kitchen anyday !! :yes:

Excellect! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Lady DJs :

Malc Burton

You are welcome in my kitchen anyday !! :huh:

=============

She must have been good to get you moving Malc, that extra shot of phillisan probably helped :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest marco i

You are welcome in my kitchen anyday !! :huh:

Malc... Barbara is a great dj, but if you want a nice pasta I'm the one to ask to :lol:

Marco

Social source share

Malc... Barbara is a great dj, but if you want a nice pasta I'm the one to ask to :thumbsup:

Marco

Oi! Inge... Get out from the kitchen...! That's my missus place...

Roccia

Social source share

=============

She must have been good to get you moving Malc, that extra shot of phillisan probably helped wicked.gifwicked.gif

Correct : it was mixed in with an excellent spinach starter we had at the meal prior to the all - nighter .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Malc... Barbara is a great dj, but if you want a nice pasta I'm the one to ask to tongue.gif

Marco

Marco , my good friend .....

I'll definately take you up on the offer : you can have the run of the kitchen at my casa here in the UK next summer , whilst you are here , when hopefully I have the all - nighter to feature Barbara , Roccia & Meni . Would you be interested in doing a spot at the all - nighter ? Anyway , before that happens , let me have your e-mail address ( mine is burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk ) .

Ciao

Malc

Social source share

Guest marco i

Marco , my good friend .....

I'll definately take you up on the offer : you can have the run of the kitchen at my casa here in the UK next summer , whilst you are here , when hopefully I have the all - nighter to feature Barbara , Roccia & Meni . Would you be interested in doing a spot at the all - nighter ? Anyway , before that happens , let me have your e-mail address ( mine is burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk ) .

Ciao

Malc

Ciao Malc, I'd love to do a spot but as a dj I'm in a different league compared to Barbara & co... A good record collector is enough in our family and Barbara is the one, she buys the "serious" stuff while I buy the cheapies and the modern (even if often she gets mad at me because she loves and wants some of my records) tongue.gif Anyway I'll be ready to make some good spaghetti for you this summer! thumbup.gif

Hope to see you soon, Marco (marco_inge@yahoo.it)

Social source share

Ciao Malc, I'd love to do a spot but as a dj I'm in a different league compared to Barbara & co... A good record collector is enough in our family and Barbara is the one, she buys the "serious" stuff while I buy the cheapies and the modern (even if often she gets mad at me because she loves and wants some of my records) :D Anyway I'll be ready to make some good spaghetti for you this summer! thumbup.gif

Hope to see you soon, Marco (marco_inge@yahoo.it)

personally, I think there are some crackin female dj,s out there, but I still dont think they always get the bookins they deserve,I have been married to woody for 30 years and have been with him all theway regarding collecting, so I see those records as a big part of my life , aswell as his,and those tunes mean as much to me as they do to him, although I am not obsessed , the way he his, I take a bow to people , who do dj, and collect, because its something that you have to have a fair amount of knowledge to do it, you have to know how to put the records together ect, you cant play at it, or do it for your own selfish needs,I did have one small opportunity to have a go on the decks some time ago, and I must say , boy oh boy!!! I really did get a great buzz doing it, and its something I would love to do again,anyways, thats the most I have ever wrote .lou thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert