Cardiff Allnighter

Guest andrew bin

An absolutely brilliant nite....music, venue, people, atmosphere...brilliant !

thanks y'all !! :lol:

Have to agree excellent night i absolutely loved Carl's spot

That said we have been to look at a venue today for a possible all dayer in early summer 2007, a beautiful country hotel (with cheap accomodation) situated on the welsh borders near Hereford called the BASKERVILLE HALL :yes: .

sounds good to me another superb venue not to far to travel either, any more info

gordon/

• Replies 115
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

A big thank you to every one that battled the shitty weather to come to Cardiff, really good to see so many happy smiling faces :D

All the Dj's were absolutely blinding and kept the place buzzing allnight, the second room was also spot on I heard some awsome stuff played in there :D (will try and get play lists).

Unfortunately as some of you already know the Coal Exchange is closing in 2007 :thumbsup: (its a Grade 2 listed building so the front will stay the same and the main hall is going to incorporated into some sort of lobby) its a real shame as it is a beautiful building and I love it (1886-2007).

With this in mind Tracie and I have decided that Sat 2nd December would be our last alniter, this decision was made all the easier by the fact that there a very few if any dates available for 2007 without clashing with anyone.

That said we have been to look at a venue today for a possible all dayer in early summer 2007, a beautiful country hotel (with cheap accomodation) situated on the welsh borders near Hereford called the BASKERVILLE HALL :lol: .

Hope to see you all at our next Soul night at the new venue The Clarence Hall in Crickhowell on the 2nd March 2007.

Thanks, see you all soon

.................Andrew

Ive been to baskerville hall, Great venue!

watch out for the guard dog though :D

Well if it wasn't late it wouldn't be me would it!!! Only a fortnight off the pace but wanted to add my own compliments to Andrew, Tracey & the guys who put on such a great niter at the Cardiff Coal Exchange. A superbly well organised event in a venue that just has "ALL-NITER" screaming at you from every corner! Such a shame that the venue won't continue but I am sure that the VSC's next venture will prove every bit as good as this one. One drawback (if you could call it that) was the balconies being locked off and inaccessible. Oh well, it probably needed hoovering anyway! (Ignore the last sentence unless you are me or Dolly).

Below is a fairly complete list of what I played on the night. It aint in order of play and I may have missed one or two but it was a pleasure to play in front of such a great crowd who kept it where it should be all night - On the dance floor!!!

Johnnie Howard The Chase Is On

The Montclairs Unwanted Love

Continental Showstoppers Not Too Young

Ernie Johnson Big Man Cry

Roger Hatcher Sweetest Girl In The World

Turley Richards I Feel Alright

Paul Sindab You Dropped Your Candy In The Sand

Al Wilson Help Me

Metros Since I Found My Baby

Chuck Bridges Don't You Make Me Cry

Gene Toones What More Do You Want

Bobby Treetop Wait Til I Get To Know Ya

Youngblood Smith You Can Split

Little Ritchie Just Another Heartache

Enchantments I'm In Love With Your Daughter

Four Pros Just Another Girl

Gigi & Charmaines I Don't Want To Lose Him

Dickie Wonder Nobody Knows

Ernie & Ed Indication

Lenny O'Henry Mr Moonlight

Again, congrats to all concerned in putting on such a great nighter - we loved every minute of it.

Had to use Dollys login to post this - mine is playing silly buggers again.

ATB Neil Jones :thumbsup:

Guest andrew bin

Well if it wasn't late it wouldn't be me would it!!! Only a fortnight off the pace but wanted to add my own compliments to Andrew, Tracey & the guys who put on such a great niter at the Cardiff Coal Exchange. A superbly well organised event in a venue that just has "ALL-NITER" screaming at you from every corner! Such a shame that the venue won't continue but I am sure that the VSC's next venture will prove every bit as good as this one. One drawback (if you could call it that) was the balconies being locked off and inaccessible. Oh well, it probably needed hoovering anyway! (Ignore the last sentence unless you are me or Dolly).

Below is a fairly complete list of what I played on the night. It aint in order of play and I may have missed one or two but it was a pleasure to play in front of such a great crowd who kept it where it should be all night - On the dance floor!!!

Johnnie Howard The Chase Is On

The Montclairs Unwanted Love

Continental Showstoppers Not Too Young

Ernie Johnson Big Man Cry

Roger Hatcher Sweetest Girl In The World

Turley Richards I Feel Alright

Paul Sindab You Dropped Your Candy In The Sand

Al Wilson Help Me

Metros Since I Found My Baby

Chuck Bridges Don't You Make Me Cry

Gene Toones What More Do You Want

Bobby Treetop Wait Til I Get To Know Ya

Youngblood Smith You Can Split

Little Ritchie Just Another Heartache

Enchantments I'm In Love With Your Daughter

Four Pros Just Another Girl

Gigi & Charmaines I Don't Want To Lose Him

Dickie Wonder Nobody Knows

Ernie & Ed Indication

Lenny O'Henry Mr Moonlight

Again, congrats to all concerned in putting on such a great nighter - we loved every minute of it.

Had to use Dollys login to post this - mine is playing silly buggers again.

ATB Neil Jones :thumbsup:

Cheers Neil you played Your usual Blinder, i've had absolutely loads of emails txt's & phone calls congratulating all the DJ's on their superb sets :lol: Tracie's also been chating to the manager at the Coal Excahnge and he says the main hall is only going to be closed for a year (and it's not being touched) so we hopefully we may be back were we belong yes.gif

Finally managed to sit down in front of a screen and catch up with things.To put on a night like this, in a venue as impressive as this, in a time where there is no shortage of Northern Soul events, could be seen , from a business perspective as financial Suicide.....unless you're passionate about the Music & the Scene, which Andy & Tracey truly, truly are!! I was really pleased then, that the place was buzzing, with a crowd that were really up for it, and not just the same old, same old tired bits of vinyl, which is brilliant for me, as I try and steer towards the "different" whenever i can. Me, I'm just in it to massage my ego, and for Money, but the organisers of this superb night deserve a round of applause - top job!!!

Des Parker

Edited by SOUL.INC

I've been SO dying to post in this thread. The enthusiasm of the actual night has not been resounded here.. not ONE iota!

The floor was so absolutely packed the very whole evening - even I was still at it at 6am... now that's a feat in its self!!

I have never ever heard so many diverse, different, refreshing and floor filling sounds for a long time. Maybe it was the guests being up for it, may be it was the DJ's reading the guests expectations. Maybe it was a combination of the two. What ever it was, it was brilliant. Sad as it seems this venue's days are numbered but who cares! There are other venues and the same recipie can be whipped up and delivered in the same inimitable way to ensure success.

From the Impalas playing on the outside speakers upon my arrival (how amazing was that seeing as I'm celebrating them on my site at the moment) to the purchasing of my very own PINK Soulgirl Teeshirt from https://www.soulelite.co.uk/index.htm Top notch products so don't be put off by their website.

I'm now looking forward to Andy's do on 29 December :thumbsup:

Being that I'm my only advocate for the promotion for the ridiculous amount of photos I take I present to you... Cardif, 2006!

I bring you... (clicky clicky) the Cardiff Allnighter

Edited by Soulgirl

I've been SO dying to post in this thread. The enthusiasm of the actual night has not been resounded here.. not ONE iota!

The floor was so absolutely packed the very whole evening - even I was still at it at 6am... now that's a feat in its self!!

I have never ever heard so many diverse, different, refreshing and floor filling sounds for a long time. Maybe it was the guests being up for it, may be it was the DJ's reading the guests expectations. Maybe it was a combination of the two. What ever it was, it was brilliant. Sad as it seems this venue's days are numbered but who cares! There are other venues and the same recipie can be whipped up and delivered in the same inimitable way to ensure success.

From the Impalas playing on the outside speakers upon my arrival (how amazing was that seeing as I'm celebrating them on my site at the moment) to the purchasing of my very own PINK Soulgirl Teeshirt from https://www.soulelite.co.uk/index.htm Top notch products so don't be put off by their website.

I'm now looking forward to Andy's do on 29 December :lol:

Being that I'm my only advocate for the promotion for the ridiculous amount of photos I take I present to you... Cardif, 2006!

I bring you... (clicky clicky) the Cardiff Allnighter

Well if you can make the Cheltenham doo on the 27th as well we are looking for a Cameragirl rolleyes.gif

• 5 months later...

That said we have been to look at a venue today for a possible all dayer in early summer 2007, a beautiful country hotel (with cheap accomodation) situated on the welsh borders near Hereford called the BASKERVILLE HALL :ohmy: .

Hey Andrew -- what's happening with this????

Source Advert