Cardiff Allnighter

Guest andrew bin

Guest in town Mikey

I'm feeling the heat now grimsby town have won ONCE!!! and the Cardiff nighter is getting closer. Just to let you know Mikey I have a ticket to watch BCFC ugh!!!!!!!!! with The Towbridge Face poss next Tues should be a laugh see grimsby reject Jeavons fall on his arse. South Wales is warming up to its biggest soul event of the year and I reckon its gonna be a Monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CUM on Cardiff let's be aving Ya!!!

Its a slippery slope Shaun. That Matt is a bad influence.

I have an exam that day in 'Research Methods and Data Collection Theory'. There is every chance I will be in the Ship waiting for you guys, a little worse for wear.

Up the City.

• Replies 115
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Andy BB

The ticket has been taken! Thanks mate! :(

HAVE FUUUN!!!

We'll try Macke mucker.

Although if there are too many Welsh people there I'll be very disappointed and will probably demand a refund on the cost of our train tickets.

be great to see you again Martin.

I'm driving so you wont be able to kill me this time with your 'quiet drink'

And there is absolutely no chance of me going anywhere near James, thommo etc. All the Cardiff boys. I believe it is Darkie's birthday on Saturday. oh dear!

:(

Just hand your car keys in at the door when you arrive, we take no prisoners, anyway no one forced you to drink a pint of southern comfort :yes:

We'll try Macke mucker.

Although if there are too many Welsh people there I'll be very disappointed and will probably demand a refund on the cost of our train tickets.

And dont forget your passport Andy

Do I count as a Welsh person? :(

Guest lifeandsoul

just to say i've been travelling across monthly to do the city canteen with Kev since maybe the early summer and i've got 2 speeding (as in motoring!) fines so far, so watch out for the old Hedllu!!!!!!

just to say i've been travelling across monthly to do the city canteen with Kev since maybe the early summer and i've got 2 speeding (as in motoring!) fines so far, so watch out for the old Hedllu!!!!!!

Perhaps you should get your speedometer checked before tomorrow nite "lifeandsoul" :thumbsup:

Guest in town Mikey

Do I count as a Welsh person? :thumbsup:

Hi Jess.

Yep loads of Yanks in Newport judging by the amount of Chicago Bulls vests or New york Yankee baseball caps. So by association I guess that makes you Welsh. Isnit.

Having a drink in The City Canteen bar if any one wants to join us first. other end of Mount Stuart Square.

James

Edited by JamesP

Having a drink in The City Canteen bar if any one wants to join us first. other end of Mount Stuart Square.

James

Is that where the warm up is at James?......got your mobile tel...give you a buzz when we arrive..... :thumbsup: .....looking forward to this...allnighters when you have to make a long trip are so much fun and this one in a foreign country to boot....or is that reissue???

Is that where the warm up is at James?......got your mobile tel...give you a buzz when we arrive..... :thumbsup: .....looking forward to this...allnighters when you have to make a long trip are so much fun and this one in a foreign country to boot....or is that reissue???

Martin,

Dont start that boot/reissue thing off again!!! My first trip to this all nighter, see you there!!

Alan

Guest in town Mikey

That is the warm up venue Martin. Should only be £3 or so in a cab, I believe they are called Taxi's down here tho.

See you there Eamsy

Guest Dr Pickles

Martin

It will be great to see you and Pete out to play. Lou and I haven't seen Pete for quite a while.

Try and pop in the second room from 9-10 and I'll play the best of my R&B as loud as it will go :thumbsup: .

See you there

Doc

Martin

It will be great to see you and Pete out to play. Lou and I haven't seen Pete for quite a while.

Try and pop in the second room from 9-10 and I'll play the best of my R&B as loud as it will go :thumbsup: .

See you there

Doc

That sounds good Doc, Martin (Hey Doc martin that sounds like a good name for a shoe) sorry-Martin yep warm up venue, I will speak to border control when you cross from England to Wales and arrange for your hand to be stamped

Martin,

Dont start that boot/reissue thing off again!!! My first trip to this all nighter, see you there!!

Alan

Will be great to see you Alan...or in welsh Alun :yes:

That is the warm up venue Martin. Should only be £3 or so in a cab, I believe they are called Taxi's down here tho.

See you there Eamsy

Thanks for the info Mikey........got your drinking boots on I hope :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Martin

See you there

Doc

He hasn't changed...so keep Lou hidden.... :shades: I'll hit the RnB room when you're on.

Guest Pete Bennett

Will be great to see you Alan...or in welsh Alun :shades:

Thanks for the info Mikey........got your drinking boots on I hope whistling.gif

:D

He hasn't changed...so keep Lou hidden.... :D I'll hit the RnB room when you're on.

Its Ok you won't need to keep her hidden, just keep her in the RnB room... :rolleyes:

Mr Bin hope your on commission from them thiefs on the border patrol... we are coming in asmall van so thats a £10er... bloody highwaymen...

see you tomorrow

just sorted me box for the third time...

hey mischief £10 a bargain to enter the country, the reason they built a second severn crossing is so all you englishmen can get out quicker he he he se ya tomorrow night,

wazz.,

Guest clanger v2

Mr Bin hope your on commission from them thiefs on the border patrol... we are coming in asmall van so thats a £10er... bloody highwaymen...

see you tomorrow

just sorted me box for the third time...

Leaving Bromley at 2.00pm in a large car (probably larger than a small van, but strangely cheaper :thumbsup: )

Really looking forward to this one, the last one in June was mighty fine indeed sir! :yes:

Doc, Mischief leave your mobiles on and I'll give you call when we arrive 'is it' (just getting into practice there....)

Leaving Bromley at 2.00pm in a large car (probably larger than a small van, but strangely cheaper :thumbsup: )

Really looking forward to this one, the last one in June was mighty fine indeed sir! :yes:

Doc, Mischief leave your mobiles on and I'll give you call when we arrive 'is it' (just getting into practice there....)

Will do... safe trip... hopefully be with the Doc somewhere think we are ment to be meeting :yes:

Guest Dr Pickles

Will do... safe trip... hopefully be with the Doc somewhere think we are ment to be meeting :thumbsup:

We'll be in the pub round the corner for the warm up. Call me when you get to the coal exchange as it is 2 mins round the corner.

Laney is ariving at 3.30 to drive us down._1440536_parker150.jpg We should be there about 6.00 - 7.00.

This has the makings of a great night.

See you there

Doc

Guest matt tees

will do see you there.................

Well buzzing for it..........................

ONLY just over 6 and half to go for South Wale's famous all nighter!!!!!!!!!!!!! really looking forward to seeing everybody and enjoying a fantastic night.

WOW........

DONT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THE NITER EXCEPT WHAT A BRILLIANT NIGHT, WELL DONE ALL CONCERNED ANDREW AND TRACY PLUS ALL THE DJS POST AGAIN LATER WHEN I COME ROUND A BIT

WAZZ.

Top class night well done ANDREW and TRACY and all the DJs. This was definately the best yet. Music was spot on, plenty of in yer face and uptempo. It was kicking big time, bang on! Normally prefer one or t'other Djs in most places I go but I can honestly say that I LOVED ALL OF THEM last night . Twas testement to the full dancefloor most of the night. Walked in at 9pm and dancefloor in use already! Plenty of flips and spins some great dancers on the floor.

Great to see so many people coming here for the first time and nice to catch up with a few people from around the country, Martin, Pete and Andy BB great to see you.

Good crowd in -what was attendance Andrew? Few local dicks who wandered in but they soon left, otherwise very friendly and BRILLIANT atmosphere.

What a great shame that this fine building is going to be turned into flats, is that the last one or will you get another one in before they close it Andrew?

Just one other note- Cafe A Go Go going to be putting on allnighter in cardiff maybe next Feb/March, gota sort out date so would love to see some of you down for that.

WELL DONE AGAIN GUYS-CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT MANOR. SOUTH WALES IS

the place to be at the moment. Hope every one had safe journey home. The FOX is now going to retire to his Lair......... :thumbsup:

See you all soon

James

What a blinding night... Top Crowd.... Top Sounds from all the Dj's going right across the board.... and a great venue....

Big thanks to Andy and Tracey for asking me to dj for them, it was a real pleasure..... and thanks to all the early dancers, who started dancing straight away at 9...

So in the words of the Detroit Spinners "What more could a boy ask for"

Heres my playlist I was on 9 till 9.50 but started 20 minutes before as people was already in...

(in order)

Our Love - Darrell Banks - Stateside

Who Knows - Marion Black - Capsoul

i'll cry alone - Gale Garnett - RCA

'm Packin Up - Big Joe Turner - Coral

Hound Dog - Jeanette Williams - Action

So Real - Barbara Mercer - Sidra

Funny How We Change Places - Dede Warwick - Private Stock

100 Pounds Of Pain - Lenny Welch - Mainstream

You Can't Come In - Jo Ann Garrett and the Dells - Chess

---9pm----

You Can't Dres Up A Broken Heart - Lovables - Toot

Show Me The Way - Martha Reeves - Tamla Motown

Hope We Have - Artistics - Brunswick

Prepared To Love You - Thelma Lindsey - Magic City

Have More Time - Marvin Smith - Coral

Stop and Take A Look - Shalimars - Verve

He Who Picks A Rose - Carstairs - Okeh

You Busted My Mind - Judy Clay - Scepter

Grits And Groceries - Little Milton - Checker

In Love - Tony Galla - Swan

Our Love Will Grow - Showmen - Swan

Sweeter Than The Day Before - Valentinos - Chess

You've Been Leading Me On - Steinways - Oliver

Why You Wanna Make Me Blue - Temptations - Stateside

Emperor Of My Baby's Heart - Kurt Harris - Diamond

Kept On Dancing - Doug Banks - Argo

Love Reputation - Denise Lasalle - Chess

Let Love Go By - Jeanette Baby Washington - ABC

What Can A Man Do - Ben E King - Atco

Cheers all i'm off back to bed now as never got home till 9.30...

Guest Andy BB

Great night.

A niters a proper niter when you're caught mid comedown in a freezing cold blustery downpour in a foreign country at 8am and it just doesn't matter a jot.

Lovely stuff boyos.

And big up the Warrington Massive :thumbsup:

Sounds like a bloody great night...I was sooooo looking forward to this but sadly wasn't to be...some tossers decided to rob by shop and hold a gun at my young daughters head :thumbsup: So for me it was a night in reassuring the family. But well done to Andrew and Tracie and I promise I'll get to their next event :D

Sounds like a bloody great night...I was sooooo looking forward to this but sadly wasn't to be...some tossers decided to rob by shop and hold a gun at my young daughters head :thumbsup: So for me it was a night in reassuring the family. But well done to Andrew and Tracie and I promise I'll get to their next event :D

:D Thats awful Lindsay, hope she's not to shook up about the ordeal.......of course she would be, can only imagen what its like to have a gun pointed at your head, hope they get the fecker and shove the gun up his arse sideways :yes:

Sounds like it was a good un, whats the score with the flat secnario? looks like an old building from a few pics i've seen, would have thought it was grade 2 listed :D

Great night.

A niters a proper niter when you're caught mid comedown in a freezing cold blustery downpour in a foreign country at 8am and it just doesn't matter a jot.

Lovely stuff boyos.

And big up the Warrington Massive :D

I wish i had a camera with me today when we met at Paddington tube.....rough is not the word :D

I had a great time...everything was just right - venue, music, and company. Great to see Jessica and Greg...James....

hi andy & tracy

wish we could have been there but i start college coarse on monday and need to be focused,looks like it went down well,we will get to see ya at your next one ( promise ) see ya soon you lovely pair

all the best tony & carole (bish) xx

What a magic night with some top friends, aquantancies and happy looneys all making a fantastic night. Sorry to anyone who's ear I may have chewed off. Some great sounds spun by the DJs. Thanks to Andy and Tracy for a top night, extra good to see Kit, Dave & Sarah, Mickey & Emma, Val P, Mischief (Sorry!!) & Emma, Chris & Loulou, Lanney & Petra all top people who deserve a medal for putting up with my sillyness :lol:

Lynel it's all your fault!!

Guest clanger v2

Anton... good to see you and your pet mod.. I think we all talk rubbish as the night goes on :yes:

See you soon Luton or NYE?

All the best

Mischief

Gonna try and make Luton a bit of a birthday celebration.

Can only echo what has been said about this event, and would like to thank mischief again for his excellent "when you were younger did you ever ask if your mates mum......" advice. Probably saved me getting into a whole host of trouble :lol:

Good to see so many friends there, had a wonderful time!

Guest in town Mikey

Well I thought it was alright like.

You know, top music, and loads of good mates to natter with. Top venue to boot.

But as I spent 45 minutes trying to get out of Cardiff only to end up back at the piggin Venue, after driving past a Big Yellow Storage place 3 times in a monsoon!!

Oh well it was all worth it to hear Mick H's Johnny C tune. What a belter. Is it a cover up?

One of the best thing about today's scene is dealers, collectors and DJs combining together to find quality soul like this. Makes you feel all warm inside. it was a privaledge to be in there to hear it.

Edited by in town Mikey

What a great night in Cardiff,in my opinion definitely the best one yet.You can't ask for more when the dancefloor is busy all night long with happy smiling Soulie's enjoying themselves.Musically right across the board,and importantly a crowd that were prepared to dance and listen to even the more obscure sounds being played :thumbsup: .

Wazz and I decided to change around our spots and I did the last hour so he could get totally wasted on his 50th Birthday,which he did...

Here's what I played 5:10 to close

Don Ray - Born a loser (RCA)

Gene Woodbury - Ever again (Del-val)

The Traditions - My life with you (Bar clay)

The Apollas - Mr Creator (Warner Brothers)

The Cautions - No other way (Shrine)

Voices Incorporated - Thinkin' (Columbia)

The Oxford Nights - I'm such a lonely one (Delphi)

Karmello Brooks - Tell me baby (Milestone)

Bonnie Herman - Hush don't cry (Columbia)

Laura Lee - To win your heart (Ric-Tic)

Kim Weston - A thrill a moment (Gordy)

JJ Barnes - Show me the way (Unissued)

The Ballads - I can't see your love (Wee)

Porgy & The Monarchs - That's my girl (Sylves)

Annabelle Fox - Lonely girl (Satin)

Linda Lloyd - Breakaway (Columbia)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Gold Token)

Gerri Granger - I go to pieces (Bell)

The Four Tops - Ask the lonely (Motown)

Chrles Mann - It's all over (ABC)

Best

Molly

Guest matt tees

What a great night in Cardiff,in my opinion definitely the best one yet.You can't ask for more when the dancefloor is busy all night long with happy smiling Soulie's enjoying themselves.Musically right across the board,and importantly a crowd that were prepared to dance and listen to even the more obscure sounds being played :D .

Wazz and I decided to change around our spots and I did the last hour so he could get totally wasted on his 50th Birthday,which he did...

Here's what I played 5:10 to close

Don Ray - Born a loser (RCA)

Gene Woodbury - Ever again (Del-val)

The Traditions - My life with you (Bar clay)

The Apollas - Mr Creator (Warner Brothers)

The Cautions - No other way (Shrine)

Voices Incorporated - Thinkin' (Columbia)

The Oxford Nights - I'm such a lonely one (Delphi)

Karmello Brooks - Tell me baby (Milestone)

Bonnie Herman - Hush don't cry (Columbia)

Laura Lee - To win your heart (Ric-Tic)

Kim Weston - A thrill a moment (Gordy)

JJ Barnes - Show me the way (Unissued)

The Ballads - I can't see your love (Wee)

Porgy & The Monarchs - That's my girl (Sylves)

Annabelle Fox - Lonely girl (Satin)

Linda Lloyd - Breakaway (Columbia)

Ruby - Feminine Ingenuity (Gold Token)

Gerri Granger - I go to pieces (Bell)

The Four Tops - Ask the lonely (Motown)

Chrles Mann - It's all over (ABC)

Best

Molly

Agree with everybody views and also with Molly easily the best with a very strong DJ lineup, a great crowd who def danced the night away and a blinding atmosphere with a venue to die for. The 2nd room was also a nice change. Also changing the stage to the far end of the hall was inspirational. Great sets from every DJ and what a priviledge to seeing Mr Carl Willington behind the decks as a special extra guest. Well done to South Wales finest promoting team Bin and Tracey - Top Quality Promoting, well done you 2, you put your neck on the line with no expense spared and the success of the 3rd Cardiff All Nighter is yours to enjoy!!! Everybody I spoke to on the night and since have agreed that its really nice that Bin and Tracey are TOP DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MASSIVE WELL DONE !

Guest andrew bin

A big thank you to every one that battled the shitty weather to come to Cardiff, really good to see so many happy smiling faces :lol:

All the Dj's were absolutely blinding and kept the place buzzing allnight, the second room was also spot on I heard some awsome stuff played in there :) (will try and get play lists).

Unfortunately as some of you already know the Coal Exchange is closing in 2007 :D (its a Grade 2 listed building so the front will stay the same and the main hall is going to incorporated into some sort of lobby) its a real shame as it is a beautiful building and I love it (1886-2007).

With this in mind Tracie and I have decided that Sat 2nd December would be our last alniter, this decision was made all the easier by the fact that there a very few if any dates available for 2007 without clashing with anyone.

That said we have been to look at a venue today for a possible all dayer in early summer 2007, a beautiful country hotel (with cheap accomodation) situated on the welsh borders near Hereford called the BASKERVILLE HALL :D .

Hope to see you all at our next Soul night at the new venue The Clarence Hall in Crickhowell on the 2nd March 2007.

Thanks, see you all soon

.................Andrew

Guest lifeandsoul

had a great time - here's my playlist from room 3 :-

Cardiff Playlists

City Canteen - Warm Up

Determination - Otis Redding

Shape up or ship out - Bobby Bland

Fall in love with me - Bettye Swann

You got me walking - Jackie Wilson

Mend the torn pieces - Yvonne Baker & Sensations

I'm girl Scoutin - Intruders

I got to love you - Jesse Boone & Astros

I'll always love you - Artistics

That's what soul is - Evalene Braden

I'm in debt to you - Innersection

Hitch Hike to heartbreak road - Bobo Mr Soul

I'm in love with you - Bobby Patterson

Love takes a long time growing - Deon Jackson

Homebound - Lennie Satin

I don't know how to love you - Ollie Nightingale

Messing with my mind - Otis Clay

You're never too young - Leroy Britton

I can't stop you from doing - Honey Drippers

Coal Exchange 3.30 - 4.30

Lovin you - Ebony Evans (Steppers Mix)

Wonderin - Roy Davis Jr ft Terry Dexter

Dj  vu - E-Smoove ft Latanza Waters

So very hot - Elisha La'verne

Tripin on love - Aaron Ross presents Rain People ft Marcus Begg

Live On - Wookie ft Lain

I believe - Absolute ft Suzanne Palmer (Marks full on Gospel Mix)

Searchin - Byron Stingily

Love no limit - Mary J Blige

Stop By - Rahsaan Patterson (Full Crew R'n'B Mix)

Miss you (Bring it back) - J Rawls ft Jonell

Beat goes On - Divine Earth Essence

Hopes too high - Marcell & the Truth

I've got to break away - Baby Washington

Somebodys Gonna hurt you - Dan Douglas

Got to get a hold of myself - Chuck Bernard

Life goes on - Little Louie Vega ft Arnold Jarvis (7" mix)

End bits

Whats going on - Big Youth

Make it good to me - Sharon Jones & Dap-Kings

Let One Hurt Do - Love Foundation

Stop By - Lady Margo

www.lifeandsoulpromotions.co.uk

THINK ITS ALL BEEN SAID PREVIOUSLY EVERYONE HAD A BRILLIANT TIME AT CARDIFF PITY ITS THE LAST ONE THERE,

THANKS MOLLY FOR SWAPPING TIMES WITH ME, DIDNT TELL YOU TO USE MY RECORDS AS WELL THOUGH...............

COULDNT BELEIVE THAT THE SAXOPHONE WAS KEPT SECRET FOR SO LONG WITHOUT ME CLICKING ON IT WAS A TOTAL SHOCK, SURPRISE,ONE THAT I WILL CHERISH,

NEIL JONES WHO IN MY OPINION IS THE BEST BEHIND THE DECKS I HAVE HEARD THIS YEAR, CONTINENTAL SHOWSTOPPERS WOW THANKS FOR THAT,

MICK H THANK YOU ALSO MARGARET LITTLE SAY NO MORE,

HERES MY PLAYLIST FOR THE COAL EXCHANGE ON SATURDAY;

HELEN TROY...I THINK I LOVE YOU...

STAR TREKS.....GONNA NEED MAGIC

JEANETTE WILLIAMS......ALL OF A SUDDEN

ANNA BELLE CEASAR........LITTLE ANNIE

THE BROTHERS........ARE YOU READY FOR THIS

MARGARET LITTLE.....LOVE FINDS A WAY

THE JELLY BEANS.....YOU DO ME NO GOOD

JOHNNY TAYLOR.......BLUES AT MIDNIGHT

PEGGY PAXTON....IT AINT WHAT I DO

JIMMY MCCRACKLIN.........CANT RAISE ME

THE TRADITIONS.......MY LIFE WITH YOU

DIANE PANE......WHAT SIDE YOUR BREAD IS BUTTERED ON

ANITA HUMES....WHAT DID I DO

THE TWANS....I CANT SEE HIM AGAIN

RITCHIE ADAMS.....CANT ESCAPE FROM YOU

THE EXPORTATIONS....I WANT YOU

FATS DOMINO....DONT YOU KNOW WHAT LOVE IS

5 ROYALES......CATCH THAT TEARDROP

BILLY STORM...EDUCATED FOOL

RUBIN HOWELL....CANT STOP A MAN IN LOVE.

Source Advert