Guest stash313

Hi Sean

the open car park is central car park near coral island/mcdonalds

if youre driving back friday night like myself that where you want to be

as its open all night and ther is cctv

thankfully illuminations finished last weekend so you will be ok

easiest car park to find if you follow route in from m55 down southern gateway

loads of parking spaces as its a huge car park

BUT whatever you do dont leave anything and i mean anything in view in your car otherwise youre sorted with the heroin addicts who will take the jar of coffee etc etc

but otherwise its safe parking and 4 minutes to the tower entrance 10 at most depending on how quick you walk

if your ehungry

then theres mcdonalds pizza hut burger king harry ramsdens and kfc a minute each way from the tower

:D:D

https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/5...GES20062007.pdf

Also Sean is it free in the evening or does it cost, can't work out the link.

Ta mate,

See you later on...

• Replies 62
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Loads of free parking in Blackpool just off the prom past the central pier. Also North of the Hilton has free on street parking round all the smaller hotels, 10 minute walk to the tower.

8 from Burnley going, me and mrs B, Paul B and Bird, Kev and Bev (Keep the Boy Happy), and Dave Fergie and Janet.

Marc Wiganer 1, need to buy you a pint on Saturday for the CDs. Think of a way to make ourselves known to each other?

See you all there.

Brian B

Didn't go for the full weekend but Enjoyed it yesterday. Got there about 5.30 and although I've been in the tower loads of times, with kids etc, never seen the ballroom as it was last nite. Sat in the top seats looking down and it was a spectacle. Always wanted to secretly dance on that floor to some northern for about 25 years so that came true. :) Sounds system was awsome, the clearest one Ive heard in a long while. Easy to get served at the bars and loads of seats. The floor was full and it was buzzing. Its a bloody great room for a niter but with the size of the place I thought I little on the cool side. No bad thing as it meant no smelly sweaty bodies. Not sure about the dance comp, but there you go. The hornblower room as packed in the evening and a real party atmosphere. Not sure about the tower lounge as I only popped me head in a couple of times and it wasn't that busy. All in all I enjoyed it and I'm glad I went just for the experience of that amazing room with the floor literally bouncing to northern. :thumbsup: left at 6am looking forward to next year. Picked up Across the board-2 & soulful kina 70's (2cd) for a fiver each, a good birthday pressie of the kids

Guest Chris Priestley

Uncertain where to post the following as 2 threads are currently active. Just recovered from Saturday Evening / Sunday Morning at the Togetherness Weekender. I was only able to attend on Saturday (just returned from Tenerife - Soul In The Sun) but what an event to be part of.

I have posted a few pictures (far to many as normal) at www.seductivesoul.com

Just scroll down the page and click on the link or the photographs.

To view the pictures advise you run the "Slideshow"

Top marks to Kev Roberts and Richard Searling for pulling off such a "Grand Event".

Regards

Chris Priestley

Uncertain where to post the following as 2 threads are currently active. Just recovered from Saturday Evening / Sunday Morning at the Togetherness Weekender. I was only able to attend on Saturday (just returned from Tenerife - Soul In The Sun) but what an event to be part of.

I have posted a few pictures (far to many as normal) at www.seductivesoul.com

Just scroll down the page and click on the link or the photographs.

To view the pictures advise you run the "Slideshow"

Top marks to Kev Roberts and Richard Searling for pulling off such a "Grand Event".

Regards

Chris Priestley

top pics, Cheers :)

Loads of free parking in Blackpool just off the prom past the central pier. Also North of the Hilton has free on street parking round all the smaller hotels, 10 minute walk to the tower.

8 from Burnley going, me and mrs B, Paul B and Bird, Kev and Bev (Keep the Boy Happy), and Dave Fergie and Janet.

Marc Wiganer 1, need to buy you a pint on Saturday for the CDs. Think of a way to make ourselves known to each other?

See you all there.

Brian B

======

hi brian ,,sorry to miss u mate,,tried to find dave ferguson but its been a few years since i seen him ,,,

hope u enjoyed it ...

c u soon

mark

Guest vinylvixen

Looking forward to this one...great venue and worth going just to have a dance in the fantastic building itself !

Plus the idea of being in the centre of Blackpool and NOT staying in a caravan in a cold windy muddy field and has a lot more appeal !

And just what is wrong with caravans, Mr White wicked.gif I'm glad you had a smashing time despite the rain....fabulous stucco, darling :wicked: Jo

Nuttin' wrong wrond with caravans per sae Ms Wallace...but when you have the choice between a narrow uncomfortable bed and a big comfy double one, the choice between a bit of toast or a full on twenty two course beakfast or having to take your own toilet paper or having someone clean the toilet for you...and with the high winds last weekend I recockon the carabvans ended up in the Irish sea! Plus the freedom of the Blackpool Tower to wander round ..all those great old pics on the walls, the tiles, and THAT decoration in the ballroom...no contest!

Source Advert