• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Didn't know where to post this, but just wanted to share! :yes:

I happen to stumble on this site today...great stuff! thumbsup.gif

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/

Hi Maverick,

Thanks for the link, great site and a very knowledgeable chappy when it come's to this great music, most if not all who visit soul source will testify to this.

When are you gonna get yourself over to the UK to see what this Northern

Soul music really all about?

Next March 2007 Prestatyn would be a good start yes.gifyes.gif

take care

Loll

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Yes Pete I can see that! smile.gif I guess I should rephrase and say that I enjoy this site and plan to do my purchases here also! :yes:

Loll...I REALLY want to make it there! I have family in Cambridge that are saying the same thing! laugh.gif That sounds great! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi Maverick,

Thanks for the link, great site and a very knowledgeable chappy when it come's to this great music, most if not all who visit soul source will testify to this.

When are you gonna get yourself over to the UK to see what this Northern

Soul music really all about?

Next March 2007 Prestatyn would be a good start yes.gifyes.gif

take care

Loll

Or you could attend one of the various Rare Soul clubs/events here in the US. A few of us are gonna be out in California in Januray at the Central Soul Club gig. Great music, great place, why not join in the mayhem? Be good to meet you at last.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

Real Deal.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Whilst I'm in an argumentative mood today......

WTF does that mean: 'Real Deal' ranting_1.gif

Or is this what the other thread was refering to when it talked about real Soulies. shades.gif

If Soul essence is the Real Deal (And this isn't a dig at Soul Essence, not my sort of thing, but have every respect for the event and the promoters) what does that mean Prestatyn is ?

Not the real deal ?

Grow up

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Or you could attend one of the various Rare Soul clubs/events here in the US. A few of us are gonna be out in California in Januray at the Central Soul Club gig. Great music, great place, why not join in the mayhem? Be good to meet you at last.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Great Dave! I will make plans! If not, I will look for future dates on your site! :shhh:

Social source share

WTF does that mean: 'Real Deal' :shhh:

Or is this what the other thread was refering to when it talked about real Soulies. :lol:

If Soul essence is the Real Deal (And this isn't a dig at Soul Essence, not my sort of thing, but have every respect for the event and the promoters) what does that mean Prestatyn is ?

Not the real deal ?

Grow up

Hey Dave, fortunately I'm not in an argumentative mood today...

Don't know if you've ever been to Essence?

It's the "Real Deal" as far as I'm concerned.

A Really Great Soul Weekender.

Would Recommend it to anyone into Soul Music.... home or abroad!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

WTF does that mean: 'Real Deal' :unsure:

Or is this what the other thread was refering to when it talked about real Soulies. :huh:

Not the real deal ?

Grow up

I think he means it's very good. if I said the taj mahal was the real deal, I wouldn't be casting aspersions on the mumtaz or bombay brasserie, they're equally valid. the popadoms might be better at the mumtaz, but you can beat the chicken tikka massala at the brasserie. some might prefer the shah jehan anyway...

macca

Social source share

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi Maverick

A buddy of mine has started an allniter in Detroit. Great night out, all the DJ's are from the Detroit area playing a great mix of soulful stuff. I coming over early next year to do it. If your interested, let me know and I will hook you up with them. Also plan to get some of them over to the UK to DJ next year

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

hi Sean

Prestatyn is March :D

Yarmouth is April :thumbsup:

tats 50th is February :thumbsup:

Rob & Karen

Hi Rob & Karen

My 50th is in January... but I'm buggered if I know what I'm doing for it. Thoughts of a PITCHES stylee session somewhere?

My Gal want's to take me to Dublin... but I fear she just might leave me there :yes:

BTW Had a nice pm from Dave following his post. He knows I wasn't knocking Prestatyn.... Just enthused over Essence!

Might even pay you a visit next time.... providing she lets me off the leash :shades:

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Hi Rob & Karen

My 50th is in January... but I'm buggered if I know what I'm doing for it. Thoughts of a PITCHES stylee session somewhere?

My Gal want's to take me to Dublin... but I fear she just might leave me there :thumbsup:

Sean

She'd better not leave you there.

Ya doin ours on't 27th Jan & if you don't turn up we'll have to book a "proper DJ" :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by CUNNIE
Social source share

Hi Rob & Karen

My Gal want's to take me to Dublin... but I fear she just might leave me there :yes:

BTW Had a nice pm from Dave following his post. He knows I wasn't knocking Prestatyn.... Just enthused over Essence!

Might even pay you a visit next time.... providing she lets me off the leash :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Sean

Looks like 2 parties after Christmas then :shades::D Mr H (and Mr T)

Mr B

PS Soul Essence is the Bizz :thumbsup:

Social source share

She'd better not leave you there.

Ya doin ours on't 27th Jan & if you don't turn up we'll have to book a "proper DJ" :D:lol:

Oh really.........Can you afford a 'proper DJ' Mart?

You know I always feel charitable around Christmas... and that I'll throw in a few freebies just to get me warmed up for the year ahead!

:lol::lol:

Sean

Looks like 2 parties after Christmas then :lol::P Mr H (and Mr T)

Mr B

PS Soul Essence is the Bizz :lol:

See you in Dub then Blake!

:D

Sean

Social source share

Yes Pete I can see that! :lol: I guess I should rephrase and say that I enjoy this site and plan to do my purchases here also! :lol:

Loll...I REALLY want to make it there! I have family in Cambridge that are saying the same thing! :P That sounds great! :lol:

You can stay at mine anytime your over Maverick! :lol:

The Gary Glitter fan might have something to say mind you! :D

KTF.

Drew.

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

Hi Maverick

A buddy of mine has started an allniter in Detroit. Great night out, all the DJ's are from the Detroit area playing a great mix of soulful stuff. I coming over early next year to do it. If your interested, let me know and I will hook you up with them. Also plan to get some of them over to the UK to DJ next year

Dave -

Is that the one in Ann Arbor or is there another new event in Michingan located in Detroit proper?

oh and maverick - there is always seattle (shameless plug) :lol:

Social source share

Sean

Thanks Sean. I will hold my hands up and say I was in the wrong, and did apologise to Sean by PM. Had a bad day, well more than one, and shouldn't have had a pop at him.

Top man :lol:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

This is in Detroit, somewhere around, Woodward Avenue and Wayne State. Contact Brad at Peoples Records, he is thinkingt of going monthly with it.

oh its brad from peoples records! nice guy. i thought he was more of a funk guy though. interested to see how that goes.

Social source share

Hi Maverick

More details pse Dave...............you never know I may be able to make it too.

Russ

Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Hi Maverick

Sure will! I do plan to travel to Detroit next year, probably in the spring...

Yes Drew, Up The Gary Glitter!

:D

:P

Sean

You guyz are BAD! :lol::P

Dave -

Is that the one in Ann Arbor or is there another new event in Michingan located in Detroit proper?

oh and maverick - there is always seattle (shameless plug) :lol:

Seattle too? Excellent! :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert