Dishonest Ebayers, Don't You Just Love 'em

Pete S

I paid for a record for a friend of mine using paypal, it was Art Posey on Scope, anyway when it arrived it had a hairline crack, very very difficulot to see but cracked none the less. The seller received the item back and sent this letter:

.....I noticed that the letter B in the dead wax was a little longer than I remember, also the label on the back is a tad off centre and is slightly peeling, maybe you can help me resolve this matter....

in other words, he thinks I've swapped the record over, or if not, that but I have managed to change a machine stamped matrix and also totally remove a record label stuck on with industrial glue. I immediately put in a paypal claim and got this reply

The record I sent you was not cracked, or scuffed. The B side WAS not pealing nor was it off center. Bottom line is that i DONT SELL defective mercchandise. if I did. it would be clearly stated in the items description. Check my auctions to see.

So basically my friend and I are both liars and conmen who swap records over for better copies and return the shit ones.

I am so angry about this I thought I'd better warn you all in case you get sent a defective record by this seller Randy Feinberg selling as "Arniebarggie". Even in the description of the record he says it scuffed, has marks and is VG- for goodness sake

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Light scratches and marks making 45 an overall VG-[almost fcuked IMO as a collectible piece of vinyl], what looks like a ripped/badly worn label and some background noise. I'd say that is a defective record and not a "very nice record"as described. However he did point out those faults to potential buyers.

Maybe someone on here knows Randy and could intercede on your behalf,Pete.

ROD

Social source share

Light scratches and marks making 45 an overall VG-[almost fcuked IMO as a collectible piece of vinyl], what looks like a ripped/badly worn label and some background noise. I'd say that is a defective record and not a "very nice record"as described. However he did point out those faults to potential buyers.

Maybe someone on here knows Randy and could intercede on your behalf,Pete.

ROD

There's no need Rod, the money was refunded, it's not that that I am angry about, it's being accused of swapping the record over or messing about with it, people can think what they like about me and the banter on here but you won't meet a more honest person and this has really upset me.

Social source share

There's no need Rod, the money was refunded, it's not that that I am angry about, it's being accused of swapping the record over or messing about with it, people can think what they like about me and the banter on here but you won't meet a more honest person and this has really upset me.

Don't think your integrity is in question. - Only somebody who is really honest would admit to liking some of the tunes that you do. :wicked:

Social source share

Don't think your integrity is in question. - Only somebody who is really honest would admit to liking some of the tunes that you do. :shades:

I am shocked and outraged at that statement :yes:

Pete i thought kingsley had paypal. ye i know sellers do tell fibs me and kingsley have come across these sellers before :wicked:

His computer was shagged so he gave me the cash and I paid it for him

Social source share

I paid for a record for a friend of mine using paypal, it was Art Posey on Scope, anyway when it arrived it had a hairline crack, very very difficulot to see but cracked none the less. The seller received the item back and sent this letter:

.....I noticed that the letter B in the dead wax was a little longer than I remember, also the label on the back is a tad off centre and is slightly peeling, maybe you can help me resolve this matter....

in other words, he thinks I've swapped the record over, or if not, that but I have managed to change a machine stamped matrix and also totally remove a record label stuck on with industrial glue. I immediately put in a paypal claim and got this reply

The record I sent you was not cracked, or scuffed. The B side WAS not pealing nor was it off center. Bottom line is that i DONT SELL defective mercchandise. if I did. it would be clearly stated in the items description. Check my auctions to see.

So basically my friend and I are both liars and conmen who swap records over for better copies and return the shit ones.

I am so angry about this I thought I'd better warn you all in case you get sent a defective record by this seller Randy Feinberg selling as "Arniebarggie". Even in the description of the record he says it scuffed, has marks and is VG- for goodness sake

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

Pete

I bought an item on ebay in the summer

Then got into a dispute over autheticity and the fact the item was broken on arrival

so I did a bit of nosing and came up with the fact the guy had several ebay accounts under different names

He was using each of them to push up the prices of sale items he bidded on my item a couple of times against me and won the item himself!! so he gave me second chance to buy!

Guess how I knew it was the same guy??

Because the dumb F£$ker took photos in the same room with the same box in the background and the same carpet in the pics

I also noticed a £5000 beemer he sold by pushing the price up

I cancelled all contact with him and let paypal and ebay deal with him

they emailled to let me know he is under fraud investigation

AND ... I got my money back minus postage

Mand ( inch high private eye) :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!