2006, The Highs & Lows

Cunnie

Well it's been quite a year ain't it.

Started so tragically with the loss of Lou Rawls & finished in the same way with the loss of James Brown.

Some great events & some never to be forgotten live appearances must feature & the continiued success of the soul scene in all it's guises must feature for the highs.

My personal high of the year must be the Thursday get together before Octobers Prestatyn weekender. Sharing a few beers with The Contours, The Masqueraders, The Andantes & JJ Barnes.

A night to live in my memories forever, thanks Rob :thumbsup:

Whats yours? could be owt, getting that elusive record you've been after for years, hearing a record for the 1st time & the shivers going down the spine, meeting an old friend from days gone by, attending an event for the 1st time, the list is endless.

Lastly take a minute to remember the friends & site members who are sadly no longer with us but are still in our thoughts & in our hearts.

Quite a year wasn't it & i'm sure the next one will be just as eventful.

Off you go...

Edited by CUNNIE
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Many highs and a few lows for 2006......not a bad year for me....

But the soul highlight had to be getting a phone call at 8.57am on Friday Dec 29th from the Benn Hall to say we've been granted the all-niter licence for our 4th Anniversary in Feb...... :yes:

Then going up to Middleton on such a high, I could have flown.... :thumbsup: and being able to tell everyone...

Social source share

For me the highlight of the year has to be the day my friends Netty and Azza got married.

If you are lucky enough to know these two lovely people... then you will know the nightmare they've been through and how lucky Net is to be here.

On a personal note... being resident at 'Soul or Nothing'(thanks Steve) and teaming up with Karl Rhodes and Paul Sadot has just been the best thing ever.

When i think back at the nights we've had this past year.... can't help but feel proud.... cos you've got to admit... there's been some belters!!

To play records out has always been an honour for me... but to be able to play from the heart and alongside people who feel exactly the same as you do.. makes it even more so.

I'm so proud of the 'DDA' and what we do... so from myself and my fellow cabbages Karl and Paul...

HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE :thumbsup:

ps: .... KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE D.D.A.!

Social source share

Too many highs for me too. Only 1 low for me last year & I think we all know where that was whistling.gif:lol: Been to some great do's in 2006. Had a brilliant laugh,heard some great music, meet some fantastic people, you know who you are thumbsup.gif

Hope this year is as good.

Kirstyx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert