" Ugly Betty " Channel 4 Friday January 5th

Guest Malc Burton

With this post not having been put up before now , am I the only one to have seen it ?

I had videotaped the pilot episode of the new C4 programme " Ugly Betty " in order to watch it the next day .

An enjoyable programme - but obviously based on the recent Meryl Streep film " The Devil Wears Prada " - had a very interesting soundtrack during the hour it ran .

What was notable / creditable about the music used on the / for the soundtrack , that in one scene , it was " Hip Teens " by Frank Popp !

At first I thought I had heard wrong , but no , there it was - albeit not in full - of its' glory .

Tip marks to whoever compiled the music for the programme : I will look forward to hearing what is used in future episodes .

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With this post not having been put up before now , am I the only one to have seen it ?

I had videotaped the pilot episode of the new C4 programme " Ugly Betty " in order to watch it the next day .

An enjoyable programme - but obviously based on the recent Meryl Streep film " The Devil Wears Prada " - had a very interesting soundtrack during the hour it ran .

What was notable / creditable about the music used on the / for the soundtrack , that in one scene , it was " Hip Teens " by Frank Popp !

At first I thought I had heard wrong , but no , there it was - albeit not in full - of its' glory .

Tip marks to whoever compiled the music for the programme : I will look forward to hearing what is used in future episodes .

Malc Burton

Haha WOw! In the soundtrack of a show called Weed or something loke that, Marion Black's Who Knows was included...

BTW, it's not based on the film or on the book, it's based on a Colombian show called Betty La Fea, after that one has been done on EEUU Mexico and now in UK...

Cheers!

Social source share

Guest Ranger

Malc Burton

Nope, I saw it too and picked up Frank Popp. Not a bad first episode. Caused me a few problems at home as my son's being fitted for his brace on Friday.

Wouldn't call America Ferrera ugly though.

Kev

Social source share

hello malc,im just watching the repeat of "ugly betty" on channel four and you are correct frank popp "hip teens" blasted out of my tv speakers although to me frank popp sounds a bit like a young lulu!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Malc Burton

Top marks for Frank Popp? I wonder what other shite will get played then?

Social source share

hello malc,i replied to this earlier and yes i did hear f/popp on ugly betty this afternoons repeat on channel 4 check out your replys,thanks soulie55

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Licensed from Amnesia Records, I believe :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest 2648 W Grand Boulevard

And just who is the singer on "Hip Teens" there is a considered opinion that its Lulu. Can anyone confirm ?

Dave

(Still knackered after the Wilton !!)

Social source share

Guest rachel

And just who is the singer on "Hip Teens" there is a considered opinion that its Lulu. Can anyone confirm ?

Dave

Nope, Sam Leigh Brown, I think she's from Manchester.

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Dave

when i went to see them last year their lead singer was from Manchester, superb voice :thumbsup:

Social source share

Malc Burton

Saw the programme and thought it quite good.

Registered the Frank Poop but didn't take too much notice, what with me being a soul music fan and all. :thumbsup:

John.

Social source share

Nope, Sam Leigh Brown, I think she's from Manchester.

Is this the Sam Brown - daughter of 60's pop singer Joe " A Picture Of You " Brown , and the singer who

had a chart hit with " Stop " ?

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

used to watch betty la fea over here. a spoof of a soap if I remember well. venezuela, colombia etc are famous for producing low budget soaps, with some truly hideous acting. some stunning sheilas in them though. something the british have in common with latin america, I'm referring to low budget soaps & hammy acting, obviously. :boxing:

macca

spain

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert