Stompers And Shufflers 03/02/2007

Guest the saint

Guest the saint

STOMPERS AND SHUFFLERS.

CORNMARKET HALL, LONDON RD, KETTERING, NORTHANTS.

FEBUARY 3rd 7:30 THROUGH 12:00

£3.00 DOOR TAX

DJ.s FOR THE NIGHT. STEVE TOWERS. TREV DAVISON,SHAUN BARRETT.

SPECIAL GUEST FOR THE NIGHT.

MR RNB HIMSELF, MICK MOYLAN (DERBYSHIRE)

NO POLITICS. JUST GOOD MUSIC ACROSS THE BOARD.

contact, Steve at sfcok3@yahoo.co.uk or 07738162291

Other dates for 2007 :- 21/04/07. 02/06/07. 18/08/07. 20/10/07. 29/12/07

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest kev such

Should be another great night mate, the last one was pretty packed.

Looking forward to this one, we got to keep it going in Kettering.

Give my best to Sharon and i will see you there.

Regards

Kev.

Regards

Kev.

Do you think' it', hasnt been going on in Kettering then???????????????? Seems to have been a thriving scene here for the last 40 years with people travelling to soul events as well as promoting them etc etc.

Catriona

x

Guest the saint

Do you think' it', hasnt been going on in Kettering then???????????????? Seems to have been a thriving scene here for the last 40 years with people travelling to soul events as well as promoting them etc etc.

Catriona

x

Hi Catriona.

I'm sure Kev didn't mean that "it" hasn't been going strong in kettering.

We all know that you, Karl Boddington and Glen Bellamy, and a few others have been prominant in keeping soul music vibrant, and evolving through the "do's" that you all go to.

I personally don't know you but Trev and Shaun speak highly of you and your knowledge of the modern scene.

Steve

Guest Dr Pickles

We'll definitely be up for this.

Each time we've been, it's been better and better.

Great floor and always delivers on sounds.

Plus we get to see Maark and his clan out on the razzzzzz. :wicked:

See you there

Doc

Catriona

x

Hi Catriona, havent met or spoke to you before, so hello :thumbsup: just wanted to comment on the points you made about Kettering...dont think that Kev was that far from the truth....i would totally agree that Kettering has had a thriving scene for many years and i have personally had many good nights there since the mid 70s...Central hall . KLV etc. etc. to name a few..I know Desborough is still going strong...but that aside, considering the size of Kettering itself and its large Soul population, if you think about it there are not really any other regular soul nights being held at present other than S&S... dont take this as a criticism just an observation....all the best Jem.....GOOD LUCK TO STEVE AND CREW AT STOMPER AND SHUFFLERS

Edited by jemco
Guest kev such

[i know Desborough is still going strong...but that aside, considering the size of Kettering itself and its large Soul population, if you think about it there are not really any other regular soul nights being held at present other than S&S... dont take this as a criticism just an observation....all the best Jem.....GOOD LUCK TO STEVE AND CREW AT STOMPER AND SHUFFLERS

Hi Catriona, havent met or spoke to you before, so hello :lol: just wanted to comment on the points you made about Kettering...dont think that Kev was that far from the truth....i would totally agree that Kettering has had a thriving scene for many years and i have personally had many good nights there since the mid 70s...Central hall . KLV etc. etc. to name a few..I know Desborough is still going strong...but that aside, considering the size of Kettering itself and its large Soul population, if you think about it there are not really any other regular soul nights being held at present other than S&S... dont take this as a criticism just an observation....all the best Jem.....GOOD LUCK TO STEVE AND CREW AT STOMPER AND SHUFFLERS

Sorry!!!!!!!!! should of added some smiling faces and an ironic one! Just made me smile a lot that thought of keeping soul alive in Kettering!!!!!!!!! This town has a history of great soul venues and some really good people, lots of whom are still regularly attending soul venues, others who sit at home and polish their vinyl! We were actually all set to come to the last Stompers and Shufflers but had a bit of a child related domestic! I gave Shaun some vinyl earlier that day which I hope he shared with you.....Major Lance!!!!!!!!!!. My post was a question not a personal attack as I dont know any of you either and I wish you well with all the various things you do.

Now take a deep breath all of you

x

Guest the saint

Sorry!!!!!!!!! should of added some smiling faces and an ironic one! Just made me smile a lot that thought of keeping soul alive in Kettering!!!!!!!!! This town has a history of great soul venues and some really good people, lots of whom are still regularly attending soul venues, others who sit at home and polish their vinyl! We were actually all set to come to the last Stompers and Shufflers but had a bit of a child related domestic! I gave Shaun some vinyl earlier that day which I hope he shared with you.....Major Lance!!!!!!!!!!. My post was a question not a personal attack as I dont know any of you either and I wish you well with all the various things you do.

x

Hi Catriona

Thanks for your kind comments, if you can make it on 3rd feb you will be more than welcome.

steve

Guest the saint

Plus we get to see Maark and his clan out on the razzzzzz. :lol:

See you there

Doc

Hi Chris & gang

Glad to hear you will be able to make it on the 3rd.

looking foreward to seeing you all.

steve

x

Can i let it out now as i think i am going blue!!! :lol:

Guest the saint

[i know Desborough is still going strong...but that aside, considering the size of Kettering itself and its large Soul population, if you think about it there are not really any other regular soul nights being held at present other than S&S... dont take this as a criticism just an observation....all the best Jem.....GOOD LUCK TO STEVE AND CREW AT STOMPER AND SHUFFLERS

Yeah thats a good point Jem.

There is no other function in "Kettering" itself, except for Stompers. That i know of.

Obviously the outlying villages have a few do's on each year,The Ritz is still going strong in Desborough, but generally there are no regular soul nights in Kettering. As jem says, Kettering was a buzzin once with regular soul events on, ie... Windmill rooms, Northpark, Athletic Club, etc....

There was a time when we had a scooter rally(of sorts) down here by the leisure village, but that fizzled out. Possibly cos the venue is quite expensive, i dont know.

So i am not denying that "IT" has been happening in Kettering for a long time, but at the moment in all honesty the only regular do IN KETTERING at the moment IS Stompers.

Also i would like to point out that the above IS NOT meant as a scathing attack on anyone, or anything,its just my opinion and reply to Catriona's post.

Happy Souling

Kev.

Kev

your fliers are done.

steve

Guest the saint

does any one no the post code for this one ?

Hi Matty

the address is cornmarket hall, london road, kettering, northants. nn15 7qp.

it is situated in the car park.

any other queries please email sfcok3@yahoo.co.uk or phone 07738162291.

all the best

steve

Plus we get to see Maark and his clan out on the razzzzzz. :wicked:

See you there

Doc

Alas Chris you won't this w/e as they're all off to (sunny?) skeggy for the w/end!

I may see you & Lorraine there though with any luck!

xx

Guest Dr Pickles

Alas Chris you won't this w/e as they're all off to (sunny?) skeggy for the w/end!

I may see you & Lorraine there though with any luck!

xx

Be great to see you. You're much better looking than Maark anyway shades.gif

Doc

Guest the saint

Be great to see you. You're much better looking than Maark anyway shades.gif

Doc

OOOOH!! Mr Smoothie.

seriously sharon and i are travelling back from skeggy to entertain you all on this night, and then going back for the last 2 hours.

see you saturday chris.

#

steve

:D (Don't tell him though eh?!?) :(

See ya both Sat mate x

I am sorry but i have to jump in here in Marks defence as he's "Family" and i know his PC. is out of action......considering he comes from "arklenock" a.k.a. Irthlingboro. he is very good looking by their standards :ohmy: ...I of course come from "Royal " Higham Ferrers :wicked: so naturally i am better looking :P ........GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE GUYS :thumbsup:

I am sorry but i have to jump in here in Marks defence as he's "Family" and i know his PC. is out of action......considering he comes from "arklenock" a.k.a. Irthlingboro. he is very good looking by their standards :ohmy: ...I of course come from "Royal " Higham Ferrers :wicked: so naturally i am better looking :P ........GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE GUYS :thumbsup:

That may be correct about arklenock and royal Higham!! but it is a well known fact that the guys from Northampton are the best looking in the area :D:D:( !!

Cheers

Paddy

That may be correct about arklenock and royal Higham!! but it is a well known fact that the guys from Northampton are the best looking in the area :D:ohmy::lol: !!

Cheers

Paddy

I shall refrain from commenting on this debate (re; the comparative' handsome-ness'(? :D not a word surely?!?) of the species that is the Northamptonshire male,since am only squatting 'round these ere paaarts' (even if have been for 14 years) and originate from lands further North! (Do take your point though Jem....shhhhhhhh! :wicked::lol: ) See ya soon!

Guest the saint

That may be correct about arklenock and royal Higham!! but it is a well known fact that the guys from Northampton are the best looking in the area :wicked:laugh.gif:thumbsup: !!

Cheers

Paddy

unfortunatly you are all wrong, the best looking lads are from glorious county of hampshire, to be more precise the idilic town of chandlers ford, halfway between winchester and southampton.

but hey lads lets let the girls decide.

if you come to stompers on saturday you will see me (steve)(chandlers ford) trev(sunderland) shaun(rothwell) dr pickles(hemel hemstead)mick(derby) and blokes from all round the country.

Guest the saint

good luck with this one lads :ohmy:

if its as good as last week in Halstead you on to a sure great night

'ave a goodn

nige b

thanks Nige. you have a good one at wolverhampton

steve

unfortunatly you are all wrong, the best looking lads are from glorious county of hampshire, to be more precise the idilic town of chandlers ford, halfway between winchester and southampton.

but hey lads lets let the girls decide.

if you come to stompers on saturday you will see me (steve)(chandlers ford) trev(sunderland) shaun(rothwell) dr pickles(hemel hemstead)mick(derby) and blokes from all round the country.

I have given thus night a few mentions for ya on my show on BBC Radio Northampton, so hope it helps getting some extra punters in.

Cheers

Paddy

Plus we get to see Maark and his clan out on the razzzzzz. :yes:

See you there

Doc

I'm afraid Dr P, that the clan will be going mob handed to Skegness this weekend. It's become our family's post Christmas outing and the closest we have ever got to a holiday together. Lots of drinking lauging and dancing.............. But will miss you,Lorraine and the other Stompers and Shufflers............hope it's a good un!!

Guest the saint

I have given thus night a few mentions for ya on my show on BBC Radio Northampton, so hope it helps getting some extra punters in.

Cheers

Paddy

Thanks for that Paddy

see you soon

steve

Guest the saint

And now I've read the rest of the thread, yer cheeky buggers................!! :yes: See you and Sharon up Skeggy then Steve.........

Hey up Mark we will see you all in butlins about 9:00pm.

steve

Regards

Kev.

Best of luck with this guys , might be worth you sending some flyers with Kev , (im sure he wont mind) for our do , might bring a few more in for you....all the best ..Jem

Guest the saint

Best of luck with this guys , might be worth you sending some flyers with Kev , (im sure he wont mind) for our do , might bring a few more in for you....all the best ..Jem

Cheers Jem

already spoke with Kev,

steve

Source Advert