Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Derek Pearson

Jesse Boone and the Soul-O-Potion record label

The label owned by Jesse Boone operated out of 632 Holloway Avenue, Albany Georgia during the years 1970 – 1984 releasing at least 30+ singles.*

It would appear the building is still standing (see attached photo from September 2019) and for the last 20 years or so has been the home of an independent church Tabernacle of David Worship.

Possibly the most well known release on the label is Jesse Boone’s  gorgeous mid pace dancer “I Got To Love You Baby” released on SP-226 in February 1970.  And later released as “I Got To Love You” on SP-119 in May 1973.

Derek

280906801_632HollowayAveAlbanyGeorgia.jpg.d536b71ebec6c5f280edd52939f799ba.jpg

You Tube clip attached 

 

  • Up vote 3

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Hugh Boynton ‎– We're Gonna Make It right up there as well ... 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Derek Pearson said:

The label owned by Jesse Boone operated out of 632 Holloway Avenue, Albany Georgia during the years 1970 – 1984 releasing at least 30+ singles.*

It would appear the building is still standing (see attached photo from September 2019) and for the last 20 years or so has been the home of an independent church Tabernacle of David Worship.

Possibly the most well known release on the label is Jesse Boone’s  gorgeous mid pace dancer “I Got To Love You Baby” released on SP-226 in February 1970.  And later released as “I Got To Love You” on SP-119 in May 1973.

Derek

280906801_632HollowayAveAlbanyGeorgia.jpg.d536b71ebec6c5f280edd52939f799ba.jpg

You Tube clip attached 

 

Fantastic article here

http://www.georgiasoul.com/gasoul/article2bartell.html

 

Edited by Blackpoolsoul

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 31/03/2020 at 07:46, Sunnysoul said:

Hugh Boynton ‎– We're Gonna Make It right up there as well ... 

 

That's a re press isn't it? Did this come out originally on soul potion?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Geeselad said:

That's a re press isn't it? Did this come out originally on soul potion?

100 % correct the original was blue label and rare as hens teeth, the yellow one was 1989

soul Hugh

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

All About the SOUL - Source Forum

Jump into the northern soul music & beyond talk now!

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Jesse Boone - I Got To Love You Baby / I Got The Ring - Soul Po-Tion
    Look At Your Box by Soulfulshoes on Tue 04 Feb 2014
    • 30 / 2636
    • shute on 21 Feb 2014
    • 1 / 1182
    • sepia on 07 Feb 2014
  2. A Few 45's To Go. Terrible Tom, Nancy Butts, Jesse Boone,+++
    Record Sales by Eamesy on Mon 14 Apr 2014
    • 1 / 790
    • eamesy on 14 Apr 2014
  3. Jesse Boone And The Astros, I Got To Love You Baby, Soul-Po-Tion
    Record Wants by viphitman on Fri 28 Nov 2014
    • 1 / 384
    • viphitman on 28 Nov 2014
  4. Jesse Boone - I Got To Love You/you Can Depend On That
    Record Wants by B-naked on Sun 07 Dec 2014
    • 2 / 283
    • b-naked on 07 Dec 2014
  5. jesse boone+astros
    Record Wants by Floyd on Sun 06 Dec 2015
    • 2 / 476
    • 60ssoul on 07 Dec 2015

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.