current northern connected tracks....

as it says a topic to talk about current (say last 5 years) tracks that have a northern (or beyond) soul connection 

once you see the title there's no prizes for guessing what the track is...

whatcha reckon?

anything/something going for it?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 12/05/2021 at 11:56, Girdwoodinc said:

Not a fan to be honest, I still buy loads of house stuff as well as soul but would pass this by - doesn't have club energy for me

yep agree with that take

here's one that's recently been highlighted by @Mcqueen2649 in the members plays topic 

Social source share

Hate to be so negative, Nothing offered remotely does it for me tbh, I really do find contemporary releases, shallow, lacking in authenticity, and just a bit plastic. I haven't got closed ears and I'm willing to eat my words but even if I like them on initial listen they quickly fade into oblivion in terms of my taste. McDonald's music. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

15 hours ago, Geeselad said:

Hate to be so negative, Nothing offered remotely does it for me tbh, I really do find contemporary releases, shallow, lacking in authenticity, and just a bit plastic. I haven't got closed ears and I'm willing to eat my words but even if I like them on initial listen they quickly fade into oblivion in terms of my taste. McDonald's music. 

fair points

though with stuff like this the topic is more about 'informing' rather than 'approving', if follow my drift

to me a 'bad' cover or 'use' is still interesting just to see what they have done

any more recent 'connected'  ones ?

Social source share

2 hours ago, Mike said:

fair points

though with stuff like this the topic is more about 'informing' rather than 'approving', if follow my drift

to me a 'bad' cover or 'use' is still interesting just to see what they have done

any more recent 'connected'  ones ?

Fair point Mike, I get your drift. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!