Female Duos

BrianB

One of my favourite sounds is How Can I Ever Find A Way by Carole and Gerri. This lead me to think of other female duo recordings and I struggled a bit.

Does this prove that the rarest groupings of all are a female duo? We can all name loads of male duos, but lets see how many of the femmes we can come up with?

Thanks,

Brian

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The Du-ettes "Every Beat Of My Heart" - were they a female duo?

Indeed they were - one of them went on to become Barbara of Barbara and the Uniques, on Arden.

Bongi and Judy on Buddah, there's another girlie double up for you. Oh, and the Lewis Sisters on V.I.P. Pat and Pam - on Day Dreaming and Our Own - who were, I believe, the daughters of record producer Carl Davis. And probably loads more that I'm going to think of, as soon as I close this posting...

TONE

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Brandy and Monica (ok that's R & B crap to you lot)

...Sorry, this doesn't count - B & M are two separate artists who happened to make a record together (like, for instance, Aretha Franklin and Whitney Houston, or indeed Whitney and Cissy Houston also did). I think we're looking for girls who worked as an actual duet for career purposes here, rather than merely to guest star on each other's records.

TONE

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert