An Englishmans View About Football & Soul

I live in Aberdeen & I really like it

I go to soul venues every so often- But now Ive got to make my brain ache as to which bloody ones I go to cos their are so bloody many of them.

Should we have have a soul league like they have football results in the paper with attendances so we could say just the bloody same as they do in football - 50,000 at Rangers & 300 at Cliftonville - Its more than obvious that the quality is different and thats just the same in soul venues- If you have too many there not enough punters to keep the clubs going- So which soul club is changing its name to Third Lanark- and bye the way! They played shite as well!

Sorry this is a thread about soul music therefore should not be here- but Im English so I cant read !

Blackpool FC for the championship!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

If this league table thing happened .......

1. the venues with the fewest attending (the rarest events) would cost hundreds, even thousands of pounds to get in to & there would be a special Manship auction site for rare tickets
  2. all of a sudden, bootlegged soul fans would start turning up at events - they'd look pretty much like original soul fans on those crappy ebay photos but turn out to have photocopied & stuck on faces
  3. there would be lots of alternative league tables published, all with conflicting figures, and raging rows over who's was the most accurate
I say do it! You'd have to have official Soul Police, trained in counting, on the door at every event. I think we should all be tagged like cattle with barcodes too, so that the latest technology could be used to confirm numbers. Just a thought ...

York City for the Conference! (and next year too, I fear)

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Interesting topic Ernie. :thumbsup:

very interesting indeed ..... had the same "virtual chat" with another member of the aberdeen massive .... coincidence ?

Social source share

If this league table thing happened .......
  1. the venues with the fewest attending (the rarest events) would cost hundreds, even thousands of pounds to get in to & there would be a special Manship auction site for rare tickets
  2. all of a sudden, bootlegged soul fans would start turning up at events - they'd look pretty much like original soul fans on those crappy ebay photos but turn out to have photocopied & stuck on faces
  3. there would be lots of alternative league tables published, all with conflicting figures, and raging rows over who's was the most accurate
I say do it! You'd have to have official Soul Police, trained in counting, on the door at every event. I think we should all be tagged like cattle with barcodes too, so that the latest technology could be used to confirm numbers. Just a thought ...

York City for the Conference! (and next year too, I fear)

Will we be made to sit down at nighters?no change there then!chin strokers paradise :thumbsup:

Edited by ken
Social source share

very interesting indeed ..... had the same "virtual chat" with another member of the aberdeen massive .... coincidence ?

Yes it is coincidence the only person I spoke about this to this week was Riddell. I put a bit about this on soulboys a few weeks ago so maybe Mr Ecclescake got his idea from there. Anyway how much soul nights there are on in Edinburgh has nothing to do with me as I'm not putting any on there.

Tubbs

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert