Incredibles Styrene Demo

Bo Diddley

Promo variant of the 'local' or self distributed navy blue styrene Monarch press that I own. Also much rarer promo variant than the Amy-Bell-Mala vinyl press for national distribution. Worth a bit more.

First had my light green label vinyl copy but since I prefer the looks of the local navy blue press I got me one and as for playback I can also attest that it has indeed more depth and 'oomph' bass factor.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

As for the 'crisp' factor when in good enough condition on good quality styrene and when well mastered they can have some of that. Styrene can indeed show a broader frequency spectrum response through playback than vinyl. Depending I prefer some styrene to vinyl for that playback rendition regard.

But styrene is also more prone to stylus wear and then subject to distortions in the high frequency range. Hence why many prefer "stronger" vinyl (no BACK 'cue burn'). Cheap styrene on uncalibrated mastering will make playback rather difficult to put it in a nice way. More so than on cheap vinyl for example. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 02/02/2023 at 16:01, Bo Diddley said:

Is the STYRENE white demo of the Incredibles - "Nothing Else To Say" less common than the vinyl one?

I seem to see mostly the vinyl ones. Any comments appreciated, including valuations.

Cheers

Scan_20230202 (2).png

Very difficult to find this Demo.

It is the Demo to the blue stock copy without Amy Mala Bell distribution. I found my copy back in 2008 following years of searching.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

42 minutes ago, 45cellar said:

Very difficult to find this Demo.

It is the Demo to the blue stock copy without Amy Mala Bell distribution. I found my copy back in 2008 following years of searching.

As you will probably know, the styrene copies are the west coast originals whereas the vinyl Amy Mala Bell distributed copies are the East coast originals.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!