Fashion Victims

Guest in town Mikey

Here's the ad mate - enjoy !! Best ,Eddie

That the one`s sir :thumbsup: , just looking at that add brings back loads of great memories.

Btw, i had style 102 :thumbsup:

Edited by garv
Social source share

• Replies 101
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest mel brat

That the one`s sir :thumbsup: , just looking at that add brings back loads of great memories.

Btw, i had style 102 :shades:

I spent a small fortune importing individual items of clothing from Czecholslovakia in 1972, before someone pointed out that the fashion was for CHECKED jackets, not....

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

I did actually have a woolen checked/tartan 'Budgie' jacket (those with the rounded collar and zip) in 1972. It was red and black and I have a photo of me in it somewhere. I'm also wearing a yellow shirt with a ridiculously long, pointed collar and red buttons that I bought at the aforementioned Birmingham Oasis I think, and my hair is down to my shoulders, naturally. All in all I look the very personification of satorial elegance! (Dear God!)

I've just noticed the part of the above Ad. which has the dubious recommendation "As worn in all Rock & Roll movies.." (sic) - which you'd think would be enough to persuade any right-thinking individual to give them a wide berth indeed(!), but were were young and naive...

For those who don't know, 'Budgie' jackets were named after a TV character played by former pop singer Adam Faith

(He of "Uh-wha'a do ya wan'a if you-a don' wan'a MON-EY..." etc.)

...rather as Harrington Jackets - originally in suede I think - took their name from Leslie Harrington in the popular 60s TV programme 'Peyton Place'

Many of the stall owners at Birmingham Oasis (there was also an Oasis in Manchester), designed and sold their own 'exclusive' fashion clothing in fact, an activity for which in an earlier era they would surely have been hanged for "crimes against humanity"!

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert