Tony Fox - 216£

Milton Parker - 1967£?

Four Andantes - 2117£

TSU Toronadoes - 465£

Marva Josie - missed 310£?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Posted (edited)

Crazy price £431 for Edward Hamilton on the New York label Jameco!

I could understand it a little better if it was on either of the Detroit original labels.  Mary Jane or the LaBeat connected, orange coloured Carrie label.

Edited by Solidsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

That's 2 copies of Frankie & Johnny that JM has sold recently and both have really undershot the true value and strange that the one in better condition went for less!

Auctions can be strange sometimes, but one thing for sure, the crazy prices of the Covid era are now a thing of the past and there are some great records changing hands at more sensible prices.   

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Okehdownsouth said:

That's 2 copies of Frankie & Johnny that JM has sold recently and both have really undershot the true value and strange that the one in better condition went for less!

Auctions can be strange sometimes, but one thing for sure, the crazy prices of the Covid era are now a thing of the past and there are some great records changing hands at more sensible prices.   

What's the true value though ?

Looking at Popsike's 'New to Old' values it looks about right to me , it's just the one entry at the top of the list that's  double the average and that's a demo , or am I missing something ... ?

image.thumb.png.1414e33c6932041b67acb2941ecd75f2.png

Social source share

I know that Joe Dunlop sold a copy very recently for around £1000, it is a rare UK record and has much better sound quality than the US copies and is prized by collectors of British labels and demos. Personally I think that £800-1000 is the right price range so whoever bought that one got a bargain and the seller is probably very disappointed because he will only get £545.60

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Tobytyke said:

The complete set of Grapevine 45s seem very cheap.

Would have been much better selling one at a time on Ebay.

Works out at £13.15 each , give or take a percentage point , hardly worth hanging on to them for so long , as you say probably be better splitting them up , shame really ( less 20% ) more like £10.52 each , some ones done well out of it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!