Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest sigher the gutter snype

id rather have a copy of "short fat fanny" than big john hamiltons "big fanny"

obviously big john was named for a reason :) but still found this one too large

mmm....weve all be there i guess :unsure:

Social source share

Hey folks!

Here's a few funny titles that made me laugh at the time, 70's, when I acquired those singles with the titles traduced to spanish:

"No bailar m¡s (con ninguna mujer grande y gorda)" (I Don't Bump No More - With A Big Fat Woman-) - JOE TEX

"El boogie de Berta la gorda" (Berta But Boogie) - JIMMY CASTOR BUNCH

"Troglodita" (Troglodyte -cave man-) - JIMMY CASTOR BUNCH

And a single I saw by a Funk band entitled "Funky Paella" (paella is the typical valencian food with rice and fish!)

Also I saw a Reagge single by Doctor Alimantado entitled "La gallina m¡s presumida de la ciudad" (The most presuntous cock in the city" !!!)

++++

Also, there's some LP tracks that made me laughin like a fool:

-Practically the entire titles on "Rub Down" album (Joe Tex, particulary "You Can Care Your Garden bUt Somebody's Takin' Your Plumbs", traduced at spanish is higly hilarius: "pod­as estar cavando en el jard­n (pero alguien est¡ robando tus ciruelas). I think is in a figurative sense, about the wife and the infidelity (??)

-"Spider Man" and "Fishbite" on "Don't It Feel Good" album by Ramsey Lewis

-"Super Duper Man" (not sure about the exact title) on "Let It Snow" LP by Bundino Sigalucci (aka Bunny Sigler)

Soul Food & Funny

Social source share

Also I saw a Reagge single by Doctor Alimantado entitled "La gallina m¡s presumida de la ciudad" (The most presuntous cock in the city" !!!)

I love what happened to it in translation but it's real title is "The best dressed chicken in town", I think I prefer your version!

Social source share

Hi Pete S and to every one!

In fact, I made myself the traduction in my poor english as I only remeber this Dr. Alimantado's title in spanish...

There are some titles that made me laugh simply for the "rare sound" of the words as George Duke's "Echidna's Arf" (wich is an instrumental), Others the title don't says nothing specially funny to me but there are some funny details in the track as on "Dream on (Funky Dream)" also by George Duke. Another legendary single that made me laugh (this is simply personal connotations of the title) is Clarence Carter's "Looking For A Fox" (side B of "Too Weak To Fight"). And with the female chorus singing "Voulez vous coucher avec nous?" in "Moonlight Lovin'" by Isaac Hayes...

Cheers & Soul Food

Social source share

LARRY WILLIAMS SOUL 45

SHORT FAT FANNIE whistling.gif

on SPECIALITY

any other funnies post em up

the gasher

Jud Strunk " The Biggest Parakeets In Town " ( Melodyland # 6015 , Canada ) ......

Definately a title worthy of being classed as " Schoolboy Humour " .....

Malc Burton

post-5097-1177438059_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert