The Dome - Membership Cards

So if you hear me playing something that you think is utter rubbish (again :D ) it'll solely be down to bad taste.  :D

link

But everyone has taste. IMHO there is no good and bad taste, just different ones (IMHO).

For inst...... for some unexplainable reason, Winnie is not keen on certain types of RnB. Weirdo. :D

Whereas I love it aaaaaallllll. sad.gif

• Replies 69
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

Mr Stuart, could you tape that record for me, I've only heard it once but from what I remember it was a great stomper with a country and western vocalist???

I'llbe your best mate  :D

link

Course I can Pete. :D Will try to remember to do it on the weekend. Its a cracker. Not quite country and western IMHO but quite white sounding without being twee?

But everyone has taste. IMHO there is no good and bad taste, just different ones (IMHO).

For inst...... for some unexplainable reason, Winnie is not keen on certain types of RnB. Weirdo.  :D

Whereas I love it aaaaaallllll.  sad.gif

link

=============

Best explain, the type I don't like really requires a D/A brothel creepers and a drape to really appreciate it.......so that's most of it then :D:D

Winnie:-)

Talking of Fingers (or can i put it delicately, the lack of) i was talking to him one day about Johnny Summers. I said to him "Fingers, how many copies of Johnny Summers did you actually get?" He replied "A handful". I looked down at his hand & thought, are you taking the piss?

Nice bloke Fingers, he's on at the second night. Never seen him drop a record. Or pick his nose.

Ady.

link

Now that made me laugh

Guest Stuart T

Thanks mate. Don't mind if I make a 'reference' copy do you  :lol:

link

Don't mind if I keep changing the speed while I tape it do you? :lol: Do what you want with it. :lol:

Steve, yes the first time played was a 'bet' but not the other times. And bet or no bet I would never play a record out if i didnt think it was good enough.

link

:)

btw , I was thinking 'the Queen ? and an apple ? don't get it, before I read on. :D

I was thinking of Flynn when I wrote that :) .  I think once a year he finds something in my record boxes that he admits he hasn't heard before.  But maybe he is being kind?  Got a couple of nice bits off him when he came over, may spin the Lydia Pense on Invader at the next Solid Hit Soul.

I think I'm always prepared to give any record a chance if I think its any good, there is time to play it and it fits in somewhere in the set - those are the tests of what gets on the decks next for me, but I don't always get it right, live and learn, I'm not an experienced DJ.  So if you hear me playing something that you think is utter rubbish (again :D ) it'll solely be down to bad taste.  :D

link

Take no notice of Stuart moaning about oldies, he plays brilliant oldies

at Solid Hit Soul (next one has John Weston guesting)

Dave G

Guest Stuart T

Take no notice of Stuart moaning about oldies, he plays brilliant oldies

at Solid Hit Soul (next one has John Weston guesting)

Dave G

link

Outrageous! When is the next one Dave? :)

Allegiance to who Winnie ? :D

It was played as a bet. That says it all.  The stigma must have been there before my post.

If you believe it warrants a spin, you play it anyway, not just for a bet.

Anyway Winnie, I didn't think Janines powers worked outside SSCDT :D

link

I have strong powers

OOTF was played as a request at the 100 club, started last year as a bet, but we do love it. Our next aim is to play it at the Ritz, cleethorps, and prestatyn :):D

Guest Stuart T

next what Stupot?

link

Solid Hit Soul Janine. You may know as you will have fled the country to upside down criminal land rather than supporting us, nasty woman. :angry:

Solid Hit Soul Janine.  You may know as you will have fled the country to upside down criminal land rather than supporting us, nasty woman.  :angry:

link

Next one is 19th feb with John weston doing the guest spot for us

Dave G

Source Advert