Posted Images

Guest realsoulfan

Details pse..................

Thank you.

Russ

It's a track taken off her 2006 album Leavin :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Excellent song. Excelelnt LP. All three of her late 80s LPs (Sevens, 4U2NJOY, Motherwit) are superb. In fact, Betty Wright simply rules!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, she's a "stayer" alright, bless her! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Gavin Christopher has penned songs for artists such as Chaka Khan ("Life Is A Dance") and Charles Jackson ("Gonna Getcha Love") and provided lead vocals on jazz/fusion/funk albums by Herbie Hancock, Jeff Lorber and Tyzik.

Gavin Christopher has also put out a number of solo albums. I´ve uploaded a track from the 1988 Gavin set: "Love Don´t Get No Better Than This". Avoid the album, this is the only quality track IMO - a duet with Brenda J. Nelson, a lady who has done session work with, most notably, Will Downing.

The latest I heard from Gavin Christopher was last year when he sang on Ian Martin´s album The Way on a track called "Brother".

BTW, Gavin is the brother of dance music diva Shawn Christopher who did "Just Another Sleepless Night": https://www.singingfool.com/player.asp?cust...LISHEDID=877434.

Avoid the above link, if you don´t like 90s dance music!!! :D

In the next post you´ll find the modern soul cut!!!

:D

Best

Melismo

Edited by djmelismo
Social source share

Guest lotusland

had a few pm's about this one .. imported by https://www.starsandstripesimports.com/ 1985 :wicked:

This record is from Baton Rouge, LA. 500 pressing originally. This track and an unreleased gem by the group are out in 1 week on my label.

To hear a clip of both sides, go to the 45s page @

https://lotuslandrecords.net

its just one clip, w/ 'music' first, then about a minute or so of 'Giving my Love up to You' which you guys may really like!

Social source share

Guest lotusland

also, do you think you can show us a scan? the guys from the group didnt have any original copies left so I've never seen it. we mastered from tapes.

Social source share

also, do you think you can show us a scan? the guys from the group didnt have any original copies left so I've never seen it. we mastered from tapes.

Yeah should be able to get a picture :wicked: Do you think an original is very rare then ? I must admit I never thought this type of record would be in vogue in 2007 , we had a Goldmine at Rock City us youngsters with the help of Dave and Johns imports :wicked:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert