Eric & The Vikings To High Fashion ?

Guest MARTIN SNOW

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I just bought this recently, Eric and the Vikings - Vibrations - Soulhawk 1970, what a tune !

Doing some research on it I established the singer to be one Eryck McClinton, which immediately got me wondering.

Is the Erick McClinton from High Fashion in 1982/1983 the same person or am I just Feeling Lucky Lately ?

Martin

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I just bought this recently, Eric and the Vikings - Vibrations - Soulhawk 1970, what a tune !

Doing some research on it I established the singer to be one Eryck McClinton, which immediately got me wondering.

Is the Erick McClinton from High Fashion in 1982/1983 the same person or am I just Feeling Lucky Lately ?

Martin

it's the same detroit guy

Social source share

Martin

Is possible as it’s not exactly a common name, is it? Also, there’s only 15 + years difference between the recordings, so he wouldn’t have that old in 83 would he?

I noticed that you have Eryck / Erick spelt differently, perhaps one real and one a ‘stage’ name?

Maybe father and son? It was quite common at the time for the first born lad to take his father name; Marvin Gay(e), James Jamerson X 3

Its strange how names crop up. I’ve had an unreleased 60’s track by Kea Williams – Our Love Is dieing , on CD for a few years now, and was playing some 12’s from ’82 the other month, BB&Q – Imagination, written by a certain Kea Williams.

Social source share

Guest MARTIN SNOW

I've had an unreleased 60's track by Kea Williams - Our Love Is dieing , on CD for a few years now, and was playing some 12's from '82 the other month, BB&Q - Imagination, written by a certain Kea Williams.

You need to check your spellings on this one Simon. The 80's musician you refer to here is "Kae" Williams, not Kea as in yout 60's track.

Kae Williams was one of the top early 80's session keyboard/synth players who amongst others, was in the following projects :

Breakwater, BB&Q, Change, High Fashion, Hi Gloss, Petrus & Malavasi productions, Curtis Hairston, Mason, George Howard's Asphalt Gardens LP. He also played on many other boogie tracks and early 80's electro/raps, on labels such as Pop Art, Prelude, and West End.

Martin

Social source share

You need to check your spellings on this one Simon. The 80's musician you refer to here is "Kae" Williams, not Kea as in yout 60's track.

Kae Williams was one of the top early 80's session keyboard/synth players who amongst others, was in the following projects :

Breakwater, BB&Q, Change, High Fashion, Hi Gloss, Petrus & Malavasi productions, Curtis Hairston, Mason, George Howard's Asphalt Gardens LP. He also played on many other boogie tracks and early 80's electro/raps, on labels such as Pop Art, Prelude, and West End.

Martin

....and he was the son of Kae Williams the 60s man.

Social source share

Guest enchantedrythm

Martin

AGREED GREAT MID TEMPO DETROIT, I'M LOOKING FOR A FEW SCRAPS OF ARTICLES CONCERNING 'ERIC', WILL POST IF I FIND THEM.

post-1914-1187190906_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Martin

Kae is Kae's sons name as well I think :wicked: Junior, the record label named after him.

Oops.... just read Steve G's post who confirmed my belief :wub:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert