The Real Barbara Mcnair

Guest andyrattigan

Guest andyrattigan

Just picked up the LP The Real Barbara Mcnair (DJ Copy) MOTOWN 1969 for £35. It has two of my all-time favourite tracks- FORGET YOU EVER MET ME BABY & IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. Both these tunes send shivers down my spine every time I hear them. I had the tracks on CD but its not the same as original vinyl.

Is £35 a fair price for this album? I was under the impression it was worth a bit more. I believe it is a scarce LP? Anyone know any DJ'S that play either of the aforementioned tunes in their sets?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Andy,

Always played 'em. I collect Motown Promo LPs and play them whenever I get the chance. As for price, sounds about right. I s'pose you could quote someone paying 50 or 60 quid for it, but at the end of the day who cares what it's worth. You've only just got it - Enjoy it. Great LP.

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

I've played both tracks over the years.

"It Happens Every Time" an early Yarmouth fave.

Stunning... both of 'em!

:thumbsup:

Sean

I agree Sean .....

" IHET " is a top side ....... :unsure:thumbsup.gif:shhh::lol::lol:

Malc Burton

Social source share

Just picked up the LP The Real Barbara Mcnair (DJ Copy) MOTOWN 1969 for £35. It has two of my all-time favourite tracks- FORGET YOU EVER MET ME BABY & IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME. Both these tunes send shivers down my spine every time I hear them. I had the tracks on CD but its not the same as original vinyl.

Is £35 a fair price for this album? I was under the impression it was worth a bit more. I believe it is a scarce LP? Anyone know any DJ'S that play either of the aforementioned tunes in their sets?

yeh i love both of these also" the what now my love " from the same lp.both tracks still need playing !!

i ended up buying the album that the ep was recorded off with isley's my love is your love , and tempts gotta finda way to get you back.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

yeh i love both of these also" the what now my love " from the same lp.both tracks still need playing !!

i ended up buying the album that the ep was recorded off with isley's my love is your love , and tempts gotta finda way to get you back.

:D

Now thats 4 great tunes you mentioned. :P

Tried to break the Tempts track back in 69/70 in South Yorkshire but it never took off - gr8 pity sad.gif

Gonna be playing it on 8th Sept though laugh.gif

Social source share

Now thats 4 great tunes you mentioned. :(

Tried to break the Tempts track back in 69/70 in South Yorkshire but it never took off - gr8 pity :(

Gonna be playing it on 8th Sept though :no:

cheers mate

i still think the tempts is better than the jimmy ruffin he who picks a rose using the same backing :D

i have the said ep and albums ,i know the eps a boot but you cvan't beat playing off 45 !!!!! :lol:

Social source share

I think £35 is a decent price for what is probably one of the best Motown albums, I love all the tracks especially 'Just one teardrop' and 'What now my love', I think the issues of this album are more difficult to track down than the white demos that most seem to have.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert