Anyone Tape Mid 80s Nighters And Still Have The Tapes?

Guest Dan

anyone got any old stafford, 100 club, whitchurch, shotts nighters on tape? would love to hear older sets from the likes of keb, butch, kitch, guy, cliffe steele, ian clarke etc if they're knocking about and could be uploaded?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Dan

I have a few Stafford tapes.

One has the 2 1/2 anniversarry on with Pat, Keb guy and Dave T doing their stuff.

Also have another couple of nights, one with Gary Rushbrook playing stuff like The Stran on.

Can probably lay my hands on them this weekend, but no idea what quality they are. Can I send them to you, and you do the honours. Also I owe Simon copies for sending me the Leicester oddfellows anni DVD. That was only about 3 years ago, could you do copies onto DVd for me? I've no grasp of technology.

I also have a tape of my first niter. Soul Sam at Yate in 1978. Playing Ben Zine (may have been the guy on just before him) and the clapping makes the hairs on your neck stand up.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Dan

One has the 2 1/2 anniversarry on with Pat, Keb guy and Dave T doing their stuff.

Also have another couple of nights, one with Gary Rushbrook playing stuff like The Stran on.

Can probably lay my hands on them this weekend, but no idea what quality they are. Can I send them to you, and you do the honours. Also I owe Simon copies for sending me the Leicester oddfellows anni DVD. That was only about 3 years ago, could you do copies onto DVd for me? I've no grasp of technology.

I also have a tape of my first niter. Soul Sam at Yate in 1978. Playing Ben Zine (may have been the guy on just before him) and the clapping makes the hairs on your neck stand up.

i've got a couple of cd's of the unicorn club (rsg nighters) early to mid 80's if you're interested, they have about 12 hours on each, some of the sound quality is a bit ropey but there's some pretty good stuff on there.

not sure if i can upload them or not i'll have a go though

Social source share

anyone got any old stafford, 100 club, whitchurch, shotts nighters on tape? would love to hear older sets from the likes of keb, butch, kitch, guy, cliffe steele, ian clarke etc if they're knocking about and could be uploaded?

I've got a few, I'll post up some up later.

Dan

Send them to me and I'll convert them to DVD for you

Social source share

I've got a few, I'll post up some up later.

I think i have still got an Oddfellows anniversary either 1st or 2nd....also a couple of 3rd Stafford anniversaries as well....i might even have an Hinckley one somewhere.....but i dont know how to load them up on computer....Delxx

Social source share

Dan

Christ...now i would love to hear that one...Yate was also my first niter....only managed to get over there a couple of times...but really enjoyed it....Delxxx

Social source share

I recently bought myself a new toy which converts cassette tapes to digital so they can be turned into CD's.(Plusdeck). I've done a few Niter tapes so far,I'll try to put a Bradford Bensons session up later,it's excellent. If anybody wants anything converting onto CD free of charge PM me, I'll do them when I have time.

Social source share

Have you seen the Shotts anniversary DVD done by Andy Dennison?

Really catches how cutting edge this club was with outstanding sounds.

Andy posts on here as Dennisoul, maybe he could sort you a copy.

Social source share

I think i have still got an Oddfellows anniversary either 1st or 2nd....also a couple of 3rd Stafford anniversaries as well....i might even have an Hinckley one somewhere.....but i dont know how to load them up on computer....Delxx

Crikey!

Would love to hear one from the Oddfellows first anniversary! The Oddfellows was my first Allnighter and I have some memories of the first Anniversary in '83 . I remember Benny Spellman - Fortune Teller being my favourite tune of that time and a massive floorfiller. I vaguely remember a dance competition that night as well.

Oggie.

Social source share

I have a tape done live at the Torch done end 1972, has Alan Day & Martyn Ellis, it's 90

minutes.

Chris L

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert