Anything On In Amsterdam This Weekend?

Guest Ste Brazil

Guest Ste Brazil

Hi,

I'm going to Amsterdam for my birthday this Friday / Sat and wondered if there was anything on in terms of soul / Funk club nights / bars that may be worth visiting etc?

Ste. :thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

:thumbup:Yeh Ok Steve, I believe you, you want a soul or funk bar :lol: This is Amsterdam, Holland your going to what do need a soul or funk bar for :lol:

Dont worry, i will also be found slouched in various bars with a slightly glazed look in my eyes for the majority of the time... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Bri went on a stag do a couple of years ago on a stag do & he said the window shopping was good :D:lol:

Have a good birthday anyway you old git, long time no see.

Kx

Less of the old git, you can't be far behind me!?

I've been before and apart from the obvious attractions i think its a great city, really nice. I'm not expecting much musically but you never know!

Ste.

Social source share

Hi,

I'm going to Amsterdam for my birthday this Friday / Sat and wondered if there was anything on in terms of soul / Funk club nights / bars that may be worth visiting etc?

Ste. :lol:

The Red Light Bar plays Soul throughout the day. (It did when I was there anyway).

The canal runs past and its obviously very interesting, judging by the many ladies looking down at it from there windows.

Theres a cafe under the Red Light Bar that sells exceedingly good cakes as well :D

Social source share

The Red Light Bar plays Soul throughout the day. (It did when I was there anyway).

The canal runs past and its obviously very interesting, judging by the many ladies looking down at it from there windows.

Theres a cafe under the Red Light Bar that sells exceedingly good cakes as well :rolleyes:

take an mp3 player load it with some great tracks and sit in a cafe and it will sound fookin' great when the 'coffee' kicks in....... :unsure:

Social source share

I reccomend a trip out to the Tulips fields, very tranquil and fulfilling followed by a trip to view the artwork of Vincent Van Gogh gallery but if non of that grabs your fancy try out this place - BEP (Nieuwe Zijds Voorburgwal 260). Bar BEP is a trendy bar in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you can lounge while listening to soul music and enjoying a nice cocktail. This bar has style!

Have a great time and have a puff muffin for me :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I reccomend a trip out to the Tulips fields, very tranquil and fulfilling followed by a trip to view the artwork of Vincent Van Gogh gallery but if non of that grabs your fancy try out this place - BEP (Nieuwe Zijds Voorburgwal 260). Bar BEP is a trendy bar in the heart of Amsterdam. Here you can lounge while listening to soul music and enjoying a nice cocktail. This bar has style!

Have a great time and have a puff muffin for me :D

The bar sounds cool although i bet this is a wind up, when i get there the place will be full of mustaches, fake tan and leather - lol!

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Happy birthday soul brother...

Have a good one my friend and let us all know if you find some soul or anything else :)

Thanks Steve.

Will let you know how it goes, it Liz's first time there so a bit of an eye opener for her - lol!

Ste :D

Social source share

Defo try the Red Light Bar, but do try the coffee shop below first, they also sell some wonderful herbs :rolleyes:

Try some White Widow or AK47 but mind the steps when you leave( if you can see them) :thumbsup:

Another good bar is the Bulldog bar, sack the sightseeing you can do all that when you get a bit older!!

Have a good trip

Steve

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

Defo try the Red Light Bar, but do try the coffee shop below first, they also sell some wonderful herbs :rolleyes:

Try some White Widow or AK47 but mind the steps when you leave( if you can see them) :cheese1:

Another good bar is the Bulldog bar, sack the sightseeing you can do all that when you get a bit older!!

Have a good trip

Steve

Sounds like good advice! :thumbsup::lol:

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

Hi,

Ste. :thumbsup:

hi Ste,

in case you get past the red light district do check out

Wax Well Records Vinyl Shop. Gasthuismolensteeg 6 1016 AN Amsterdam Tel.: just behind the Dam Square, direction Singel

the guys working there have the best and most current info on good clubnights, bars, places to go. And it's the local funk/soul hangout for DJ's and organisers who drop their flyers as well. The shop also stocks a great selection of collectable vinyl...

enjoy Toy Town, music sounds better after a good puff anyway :unsure:

Edited by eedeecee
Social source share

The bar sounds cool although i bet this is a wind up, when i get there the place will be full of mustaches, fake tan and leather - lol!

Ste.

It might pay to put a little teddy in your back pocket :P

seriously i found it on an amsterdam search and included soul in the title, it is legit and ignore Mischiefs homofobia ramblings, if you want that kind of bar no doubt Mischief has a little black book full of adresses you could borrow :lol:

happy birthday and have a goodun whatever you do :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest eedeecee

No point Eddy its rubbish now.............went there last week with Mark and bought all the records
:hypo:

Cheers Paul

Paul,

you must have missed a mint copy of Beverly Mc Kay 'baby you're so right'....on Old Town...

I dug the 45 out of the dirtboxes in the right corner of the shop... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert