Afternoon Of The Rhino

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest andyrattigan

Awful tune IMO. Dodgy Northern Instrumental. Originally a tv car ad if I remember correctly from the info I read on the back of a kent album.

Much more soulful instrumentals than this.

Social source share

Awful tune IMO. Dodgy Northern Instrumental. Originally a tv car ad if I remember correctly from the info I read on the back of a kent album.

I know this has been discussed many times over the years, as far back as when the instrumental reighned supreme, but is there such a thing as a 'soulful' instrumental.........not knocking instrumentals per se, but surely its the vocalist(s) that add the 'soul' content................discuss :unsure: .

Russ

Social source share

I know this has been discussed many times over the years, as far back as when the instrumental reighned supreme, but is there such a thing as a 'soulful' instrumental.........not knocking instrumentals per se, but surely its the vocalist(s) that add the 'soul' content................discuss :lol: .

Russ

Oi! Get back in yer bed yer sick chit! Your obviously not fully recovered. :lol:

Of course musicians 'breathe' soul into music. Check out MikeTerry's performance on The Appreciations on Aware, The vibes supplied by Jack Ashford on Volcanos - Laws Of Love or take a listen to the guys playing on Marvin's - What's Going On.

Glad to see you up and about Matey. :unsure:

Social source share

I know this has been discussed many times over the years, as far back as when the instrumental reighned supreme, but is there such a thing as a 'soulful' instrumental.........not knocking instrumentals per se, but surely its the vocalist(s) that add the 'soul' content................discuss :lol: .

Russ

To quote a phrase from a Spandou Ballet song " this is the sound of my soul " so for me an Instumentil song laden with Sax has got more soul the some Vocals :unsure:

Social source share

If you were on the scene back in 74/75 you'd have killed to get on the dancefloor to this, one of the greatest northern dancers ever. I only play it maybe once every 3 years but I don't half enjoy it.

Social source share

Oi! Get back in yer bed yer sick chit! Your obviously not fully recovered. biggrin.gif

Of course musicians 'breathe' soul into music. Check out MikeTerry's performance on The Appreciations on Aware, The vibes supplied by Jack Ashford on Volcanos - Laws Of Love or take a listen to the guys playing on Marvin's - What's Going On.

Glad to see you up and about Matey. thumbsup.gif

Getting better by the day mate................just playing & putting the 'cat amongst the Pidgeons' with the post trying to amuse myself :thumbsup::lol::yes: .

Hope your well mate, when you back to blighty ????.

Russ

Social source share

Getting better by the day mate................just playing & putting the 'cat amongst the Pidgeons' with the post trying to amuse myself laugh.gif:thumbsup::lol: .

Hope your well mate, when you back to blighty ????.

Russ

Not 100% sure but hoping to make Guy's 50th do and maybe another couple of gigs in Nov. I'll drop you a line when it's all confirmed Mate. Meanwhille, take it easy, ships'll still sail whether you're on 'em or not. :yes:

Bev sends her love.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!