Tami Lynn

Supercorsa

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is on the Kent, Gettin to Me Cd. Sounds to me like the same backing as runaway from you. Think I'd rather have the £350 myself. :unsure:

I'd rather have the Kiki Dee version, superb imo, prefer the backing on it.

Simon

Edited by Simon
Social source share

Guest Trevski

This is on the Kent, Gettin to Me Cd. Sounds to me like the same backing as runaway from you. Think I'd rather have the £350 myself. :unsure:

Hope whoever bought it thinks the same! :D

It's obviously from the same session, but much better, IMHO. Go into town for a Lyle & Scott cardie, miss the Tami Lynn! Ahhh cruel world! :D

Social source share

Hope whoever bought it thinks the same! :ohmy:

It's obviously from the same session, but much better, IMHO. Go into town for a Lyle & Scott cardie, miss the Tami Lynn! Ahhh cruel world! :(

great tune but £350? sure this was going only a year or so back for £100-150. surely must be a few of these knocking about in france

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

great tune but £350? sure this was going only a year or so back for £100-150.

...but exactly where was it 'going'? Certainly not into any sales boxes or onto any lists that I've been scouring for the last 10 years, in search of a copy, that's for sure...

I'd say that this is at least twice as rare as most records that regularly sell for two or three times the price that Pete sold it for. And if Pete wanted £350.00 for it, you can bet that John M. would have auctioned it for that and more besides.

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

great tune but £350? sure this was going only a year or so back for £100-150. surely must be a few of these knocking about in france

It's never been that cheap - going back to when I first heard it almost 20 years ago it was over 200 quid. And this one - I doubt if there is a better copy anywhere, seriously. PLus the fact two people offered me £500 quid for it. It's a rare record.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

It's never been that cheap - going back to when I first heard it almost 20 years ago it was over 200 quid. And this one - I doubt if there is a better copy anywhere, seriously. PLus the fact two people offered me £500 quid for it. It's a rare record.

Perhaps you could get it for £150 off the same bloke who sells Skip Jackson's for sixty quid, Pete? laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Yes, Keb played it from an Atlantic acetate, which had a "brighter" sound to it than the EP version; think it came from Tim Ashibende

That makes sense now as when i got my copy from a record fair in the eighties it had a duller sound bit like some lp recordings,so you had to muck about with the treble and bass to make it sound brighter.

Sold my copy in one of shiftys auctions about five years got about 300 for it

Runaway=keb @100 club :thumbsup:

Al H

Social source share

• 2 months later...

Hope whoever bought it thinks the same! :yes:

It's obviously from the same session, but much better, IMHO. Go into town for a Lyle & Scott cardie, miss the Tami Lynn! Ahhh cruel world! laugh.gif

Do we know which Version was written / Recorded first.

This Version has an "early" feel to it somehow.

Don't get me wrong I like it, Just has a very early 60's sound/style to it,

which makes me wonder if it was first but unreleased until the French E.P.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!