Kings Hall Stoke Allnighter

Well it was a last minute decision to go to Stoke was gonna give it a miss but are we glad we did,nt what a absolute superb nighter yes.gif it turned out to be the best we,ve had by far!!! :lol: With Sean Chapman(the entertainer) kicking it off in his own true style............filling the dance floor right from the start sweatingbullets.gif .......followed by our mate Dave Evison wink.gif .........Chris King.........Butch............Ginger Taylor............Mick H.................Kenny Burrell...........Neil Jones........ completed the FAB!!! :wicked: line up of class DJ,s.........all played nothing but the best in Northern Soul :no: .................never faltered from start to finish!!!! :wicked: Excellent job well done by all you guys :D ...........you certainly did the buisness THANKYOU!!! :yes:

Helen & Martin xx

• Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Well it was a last minute decision to go to Stoke was gonna give it a miss but are we glad we did,nt what a absolute superb nighter :yes: it turned out to be the best we,ve had by far!!! :lol: With Sean Chapman(the entertainer) kicking it off in his own true style............filling the dance floor right from the start sweatingbullets.gif .......followed by our mate Dave Evison wink.gif .........Chris King.........Butch............Ginger Taylor............Mick H.................Kenny Burrell...........Neil Jones........ completed the FAB!!! :wicked: line up of class DJ,s.........all played nothing but the best in Northern Soul :no: .................never faltered from start to finish!!!! :wicked: Excellent job well done by all you guys wub.gif ...........you certainly did the buisness THANKYOU!!! yes.gif

Helen & Martin xx

I am just in after leaving Stoke this morning at 10.30am UK time, it's now 20.00pm Belgian time.

I always to to these events and the last 2 (March & July) were real crackers, packed to the

gills. I have to say I was a tad disappointed , lower turnout than normal, some of the DJ's lost

the plot somewhat I'll post something more substantial later tomorrow.

Chris L (tired little boy...zzzzzzzzzzzz...) :D

I am just in after leaving Stoke this morning at 10.30am UK time, it's now 20.00pm Belgian time.

I always to to these events and the last 2 (March & July) were real crackers, packed to the

gills. I have to say I was a tad disappointed , lower turnout than normal, some of the DJ's lost

Chris L (tired little boy...zzzzzzzzzzzz...) :wicked:

Reason for the turnout being slightly lower than normal :lol: is because of the Prestatyn weekender which was to be expected!!! But we thought numbers were quite good considering. And as dancer,s we appreciated having the room to move on the dancefloor . :wicked: Can,t understand the reason :no: for you saying the DJ,s lost the plot whistling.gif they played classic oldies.........few 70,s.........and not at all repetitive as usually is the case!!

Helen & Martin

Edited by JELLYBEAN

Chris L (tired little boy...zzzzzzzzzzzz...) :lol:

Felt like coming over after Stives but with A 6 am finish Didn`t think it worth It, few others felt the same .

that was the best i had been to at kings hall ever numbers for me wear not down just about right .Asfor Djs losing the plot (rubbish) ones i have been to in the past the replays have all ways been the downside .I think i heard 3 all night so thats down from up to 10/or more that means 7 or more new records being played .Restored my faith in the old place :thumbup::lol: .Top Djs playing top tunes :P:thumbup:

What a fantastic night! Panch, Chantelle, Bail and myself had a brilliant time. Great tunes and great atmosphere. DJs kept the floor full and it was nice to hear records that I haven't heard played for ages!! We were hardly off the dance floor.

We will definitely be at the next one. Thanks guys :lol:

Edited by Emma

jellybean can i ask who you are, was you sat by the stage last night with scottys lyn & sandra & vonny & all that crowd as i was

Hiya,

I was on the other side of the stage by the steps or actually on the stage in the corner at times with my hubby Martin........and mates Patch.......Al..........Tom. :lol:

Helen

Another superb kings Hall Niter. We got there eventually about 1130 after waiting for TerryC in Corley service station car park for what seemed a lifetime :lol: . The atmosphere was fantastic, the sounds definitely hit the spot (2 ringing wet shirts to vouch for that), you cant beat walking in to an event and seeing the dancefloor packed, makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Cant wait for the next.

Rob.

that was the best i had been to at kings hall ever numbers for me wear not down just about right .Asfor Djs losing the plot (rubbish) ones i have been to in the past the replays have all ways been the downside .I think i heard 3 all night so thats down from up to 10/or more that means 7 or more new records being played .Restored my faith in the old place :thumbup::lol: .Top Djs playing top tunes :P:thumbup:

Hiya Ash,

sorry i didn't manage to say hi - i did see u across the dancefloor! Totally agree, numbers just right, atmosphere great, people really friendly - always enjoy Stoke.

Seeya again soon

Perdita

jellybean can i ask who you are, was you sat by the stage last night with scottys lyn & sandra & vonny & all that crowd as i was

Hiya red devil lady,

nice to see you again and thanks for helping out in the ladies loos - even tho the loo roll got to me too late :lol:

Seeya again soon

Perdita

Guest jumitja

Hiya red devil lady,

nice to see you again and thanks for helping out in the ladies loos - even tho the loo roll got to me too late :P

Seeya again soon

Perdita

hi perdita it was good to see you again and on a top night where everyone on the dance floor were smiling and giving it some.it was good to have a bit of floor to yourself which was noticed with less foot injuries (i dont mean to stand on peoples feet) :lol: it was great to go up with the nuneaton and talc tornados crews ,with mark freeman proving he can dance and not just spin the vinyl.are you going to blackpool?.speak soon .kev.

Hiya red devil lady,

nice to see you again and thanks for helping out in the ladies loos - even tho the loo roll got to me too late :P

Seeya again soon

Perdita

hi i thought id take it upon myself to do the duty & found a big box of supply of you no wats&, i provided one in each room so nobody went without again, wasnt that good of me, see you soon :lol:

Guest kid mohair

had a brilliant night :lol:

You did when we got there..... :lol: it was a last minute thing we decided to go after mr suchs birthday bash, got to stoke at around 2am, BLOODY BRILLIANT, we really enjoyed it, im sure we will be at the next one......... :thumbsup:

Went to Kings Hall on saturday for the first time. What a night, superb sounds, excellent floor, great sound system, wiganesque sweaty bodies everywhere (ah the memories..). Got a lift with my mate RobP who arrived at Corley services about a minute before me! (and he was wearing his sainsbury checkout shirt)

Even had a couple of visits to the modern room which I thought was impressive.

Great event, brilliantly supported and I would agree, any more than there was there would be a tad tight on the floor!

TC

Reason for the turnout being slightly lower than normal :lol: is because of the Prestatyn weekender which was to be expected!!! But we thought numbers were quite good considering. And as dancer,s we appreciated having the room to move on the dancefloor . :) Can,t understand the reason :lol: for you saying the DJ,s lost the plot :yes: they played classic oldies.........few 70,s.........and not at all repetitive as usually is the case!!

Helen & Martin

Hhhmmmm...............maybe I went to different Stoke all-nighter.

Chris L :(

Guest FrostyJak

Hhhmmmm...............maybe I went to different Stoke all-nighter.

Chris L :thumbup:

I Normally love KINGSHALL BUT this one just didn't do it for me :thumbup:

Can't put me thumb on it but something has been a miss at the last 3 nighters i've been to

NUMBERS have been lacking :thumbup:

Edited by FrostyJak

Hiya Ash,

sorry i didn't manage to say hi - i did see u across the dancefloor! Totally agree, numbers just right, atmosphere great, people really friendly - always enjoy Stoke.

Seeya again soon

Perdita

i did wave but just as you turned you head way :thumbup: till next we next xxx

I Normally love KINGSHALL BUT this one just didn't do it for me :lol:

Can't put me thumb on it but something has been a miss at the last 3 nighters i've been to

NUMBERS have been lacking :thumbup:

Well i did,nt enjoy the last 2 i,ve been to :lol: but for me this one was the dogs B**L**KS!!! :thumbup: and the numbers were just right not too crowded on the dancefloor BRILL!!! :thumbup:

Guest Tim aka Bob

I Normally love KINGSHALL BUT this one just didn't do it for me :P

NUMBERS have been lacking :thumbsup:

Bit of a mixed bag by the sound of things :lol: ....know what ya sayin tho...

I like to be on a dancefloor that's heavin and jam-packed!! :lol:

I was thinking about you Kings Hall stompers as we stood outside on the car park, when the fire alarm went off at Prestatyn!!

See ya at next one :lol:

Not true really, check this out.................

https://www.goldsoul.co.uk/shop/events/stoke-review.html

I've already booked for March.

Chris Lalor

Hi

Totally agree with your comment about some of the DJ's losing the plot. My guess would be Butch and Mick H??

The dance floor was heaving and a shit hot atmosphere!! Went out for a ciggy and a natter as Butch started his spot. Came back to find the dance floor half empty and the atmosphere gone. Thought Mick H would have picked it back up again but didn't. Usually enjoy him. Best spot for me was Chris King. Went and introduced myself and told him. Glad I did. What a luvly chap!!

Trish

Guest soulsister

Well it was a last minute decision to go to Stoke was gonna give it a miss but are we glad we did,nt what a absolute superb nighter :yes: it turned out to be the best we,ve had by far!!! :yes: With Sean Chapman(the entertainer) kicking it off in his own true style............filling the dance floor right from the start :wicked: .......followed by our mate Dave Evison wink.gif .........Chris King.........Butch............Ginger Taylor............Mick H.................Kenny Burrell...........Neil Jones........ completed the FAB!!! :lol: line up of class DJ,s.........all played nothing but the best in Northern Soul :shades: .................never faltered from start to finish!!!! :lol: Excellent job well done by all you guys :wub: ...........you certainly did the buisness THANKYOU!!! :yes:

Helen & Martin xx

Always enjoy kings but was a bit dissapointed with the july one tho, Have to agree sat certainly was one of the best nights in kings for a long time. I also was going to give it a miss and decided thurs night to go but by sat afternoon i was having second thoughts as no one seemed to be going but like your good selves am glad I did, was a bit suprised by the turn out what with prestatyn on aswell ok so numbers might of been down but that didn't seem to make any difference and I was expecting less than there was there. Had a girl with us who as never been to a soul night before never mind a niter and she had a fantastic night and cant wait for next one, absolutly brilliant night the Dj's certainly did do a superb job, dont know how my poor legs kept going and I sure was suffering for it Monday morning but well worth it.

And to Dave[wulfie] and Anne missed you both along with the rest of usual crowd thats there with us that was the only down point of the night for me, you all would have loved it roll on blackpool. :D

Totally agree with your comment about some of the DJ's losing the plot. My guess would be Butch and Mick H??

Ok maybe a couple of toons between em whistling.gif but HEY!!! not enough to comment about in my opinion it was the BEST NIGHTER!!! :thumbup: in a long time at KINGS!!! :unsure: And all the DJ,S played their sets BRILLIANTLY!!! :sleep3:

Helen

And to Dave[wulfie] and Anne missed you both along with the rest of usual crowd thats there with us that was the only down point of the night for me, you all would have loved it roll on blackpool. :g:

Yeah agree with you there :sleep3: we missed our special friends Annie & Dave (Wulfie) :unsure: too!! :D They missed a CRACKER!!!! wink.gif

Helen

STOP rubbing it in woman - jeez :lol:

Will have to make up for it on Friday night - yes we are going - don't drop dead of shock :thumbup:

November looks to be packed and some great nights planned so we'll make up for it thumbup.gif

Wulfie

Guest soulsister

Ok maybe a couple of toons between em whistling.gif but HEY!!! not enough to comment about in my opinion it was the BEST NIGHTER!!! :thumbup: in a long time at KINGS!!! :unsure: And all the DJ,S played their sets BRILLIANTLY!!! :lol:

Helen

Think we were all grateful for them couple in between give our legs a bit of a rest lol totally agree with you about the Dj's and it being Best one in a long time :sleep3:thumbup.gif

If I didn't think it was worth commenting on, I wouldn't have!!!!

It seems I'm not as easily pleased as some, but then again looking at the comments here, I'm not

the only one!

Had a good night in all and glad I went but like I said, the atmosphere went astray for me and I found

it didn't pick up again. By the way, I admit to being a right fussy cow!!! Hands up!!!!

Ok maybe a couple of toons between em whistling.gif but HEY!!! not enough to comment about in my opinion it was the BEST NIGHTER!!! rolleyes.gif in a long time at KINGS!!! :D And all the DJ,S played their sets BRILLIANTLY!!! :D

Helen

It seems I'm not as easily pleased as some, but then again looking at the comments here, I'm not

the only one!

By the way, I admit to being a right fussy cow!!! Hands up!!!!

If you have taken note of comments :D you,d see that your in a very very tiny minority of peeps!!! unsure.gif

I too can be a fussy cow!! yes.gif But i ain,t that fussed!!! :D

Hi

The dance floor was heaving and a shit hot atmosphere!! Went out for a ciggy and a natter as Butch started his spot. Came back to find the dance floor half empty and the atmosphere gone. Thought Mick H would have picked it back up again but didn't. Usually enjoy him. Best spot for me was Chris King. Went and introduced myself and told him. Glad I did. What a luvly chap!!

Trish

As I don't go the the Kings Hall (went once - not for me) I always wonder what kind of spot Butch or Mick H would play at a (in the main) oldies nighter, anyone post some of their plays?

As I don't go the the Kings Hall (went once - not for me) I always wonder what kind of spot Butch or Mick H would play at a (in the main) oldies nighter, anyone post some of their plays?

Anyone? They killed the atmosphere by playing what, lost the plot in what way: playing same old same old, too obscure, too modern, c'mon spill the beans :D

Anyone? They killed the atmosphere by playing what, lost the plot in what way: playing same old same old, too obscure, too modern, c'mon spill the beans :lol:

====

they playd some classics and current indemanders

mick h played damon fox - im packing up one of my current faves and it sounded great

it was a good nite and i really enjoyed it as i always do at Stoke

but i can see if u were expecting all oldies one may have been disappointed

oh well!

====

they playd some classics and current indemanders

mick h played damon fox - im packing up one of my current faves and it sounded great

it was a good nite and i really enjoyed it as i always do at Stoke

but i can see if u were expecting all oldies one may have been disappointed

oh well!

Thanks Mark, so losing the plot could mean playing a few things other than the classics? I wonder how the Parliments Rainy Day would have gone down, surely even the most die hard oldies fans would want to dance to this?

Source Advert