• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

LAVERN BAKER - I'm gonna get you

LISTEN https://www.thesoulgirl.com/music/Northern%...20Get%20You.mp3

was this released as a 45? or is it an album track?

and: what's the current value?

your help is highly appreciated! :lol:

cheers,

christian

It's the title of an album, listed on the Brunswick catalogue and is a duet with Jackie Wilson.

Couldn't tell you if it's a 45... but I'd like one!

Bloody good tune!

Sean

Social source share

Great record that Laverne Baker. And I can rememebr buying the Kent LP. Which one was it? Like a lot of people I suppose after the Wheel closed I thought that was it. I became a student and got into a lot of other stuff. I was out of the UK for a long time. And then I started seeing these LPs and thought, wow! Suddenly stuff that I'd only heard or at best had a tape of was there in the high street record stores. Didn't help my marriage, but it made me happy.

Social source share

Great record that Laverne Baker. And I can rememebr buying the Kent LP. Which one was it?

It was:

No No No No No... - Kent 069

SIDE ONE: Tightrope - Bobby Martin / The Chase Is On - Johnny Howard / Tonight's The Night - Candy & The Kisses / Everything Is Everything - Sandy Waddy / Double Life - Jerry Fuller / Nothing But Love Can Save Me - Fawns / There Comes A Time - Eartha Kitt / Tomorrow Keeps Shinning

SIDE TWO: Not My Girl - The Platters / The Pretty Part Of You - Tommy Hunt / I'm Gonna Get You - Lavern Baker / Upset My Heart (Got Me So Upset) - Judy Clay / Speed Up - Betty Moorer / You Can't Keep A Good Man Down - The Gentlemen Four / You Brought Out The Good In Me - Otis Leavill / Summer Romance (You Babe) - Young Holt Unlimited

Thanks to Roger Stewarts site for track listings of all the Kent LP's.

Social source share

I think the one Christian is referring to is an unissued cut I picked up at Brunswick in the 80s and played at the 100 Club. It eventually came out on a Kent vinyl only LP (I think) it might have subsequently come out on a CD but not Kent. Never on 45 as far as i know.

So is it a totally different tune (or recording) Ady?

Could swear I could hear Jackie Wilson in there, but it was 2.00am and I'd downed half a bottle of the hard stuff.

:lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert