Trammps "stop And Think" Wanted On 45

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

ANYONE GOT A COPY OF THE TRAMMPS "STOP AND THINK" ON PHILLY INT 45 THEY COULD SELL ME PLEASE.......?

NOT BOTHERED WHETHER FRENCH OR GERMAN ISSUES.........

COME ON YOU EUROPEAN SOUL FANS.......

P.M. ME :yes:

BEST, IVOR

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

you obviously never saw my last post John.

Never had a US release on 45 but was supposed to be getting released on GOLDEN FLEECE but never did apparently or at least none have been found although it has a cat number..(3257)

Tubb's found a 7" studio acetate with an alternate intro which would seem to back this theory that it was due for release or at least got to the mastering stage but none on GF ever surfaced. STRANGE .........

the gasher

Social source share

will check flip tomorrow

or if you look at the sales of richard

last week when it was a tenner

someone posted the french pic sleeve

it may tell you the flip on the cover..

id have to look mine out of the box

just checked the last post it doesnt say on the cover of frenchbut it does on Belgian and German.

regards gasher

post-1405-1195603082_thumb.jpg

post-1405-1195603104.jpg

post-1405-1195603113_thumb.jpg

Edited by the gasher
Social source share

ANYONE GOT A COPY OF THE TRAMMPS "STOP AND THINK" ON PHILLY INT 45 THEY COULD SELL ME PLEASE.......?

NOT BOTHERED WHETHER FRENCH OR GERMAN ISSUES.........

COME ON YOU EUROPEAN SOUL FANS.......

P.M. ME :(

BEST, IVOR

Just realised I only have the two separate LP versions of SAT (original & remix) so I'll get in the queue behind Ivor for a 45 if that's OK?

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I wasn't aware of this being on a 45 of any kind until recently, but on checking Mr Rimmers site came across this:

Golden Fleece 3257 - Stop And Think / Trammps' Disco Theme - 1974

Can anyone confirm it exists on US single? :(

Tom Moulton didn't do the remixes for the 'Disco Champs' project - from which these two tracks were paired for European single release - until 1976, so it wouldn't have come out in 1974. As GF was defunct by 1976, it wouldn't have come out on that label anyway. File that one under Urban Myth, I'd say...

Incidentally, when I was busy with the PIR reissues for Demon, Tom told me that there is a full vocal for "Trammps Disco Theme" on the multitrack tape that he mixed the instrumental from. Gamble & Huff were only interested in having him mix an instrumental so the vocal - which, despite the similarities in tune, he tells me is not a remake of "Zing! Went The Strings Of My Heart" - seems like it will forever remain in the PIR tape vaults...

Should stress, BTW, that this single coupling, which i have on UK, features Tom's remix of "Stop And Think", not the original that he did for the Trammps Golden Fleece album.

Social source share

Here is a pic of the acetate I bought earlier this year. it also has the flip which is listed on Daves site Trammps disco theme. I also had the french issue German Issue and demo which the label looked very cool with the red arrow going through the middle and as gasher said there is another but it is Dutch not Belgian.

post-1438-1195665645_thumb.jpg

Edited by tubbs
Social source share

Anyone see the band when they came over in the 70s? They actually came to St Asaph and were terrific. Robert Upchurch was with them and I remember he sang Gladys Knight's Part Time Love and you could have heard a pin drop. It has always stuck in my mind as it was that good. They also did the 'robot' dance to an instrumental which was a novelty back then. And I still love Hold Back The Night!

Slim

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Thanks for the info guys laugh.gif

Stand in line Mr Plumb! :P

FORM AN ORDERLY QUEUE BEHIND ME PLEASE.......... :D

SERIOUSLY,THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR REPLIES,YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY EH...?

I STILL WANT ONE THOUGH thumbsup.gif

ANYONE ???????????? :(

Social source share

hi all

ive had a german philly white demo and a french philly issue

they have the same b side but different catalogue numbers

it seems the german one came out in may 75 but the french

one not til july 76. dont know why that is so on the strength

of it i kept the german one and sold the french copy to a mate

on here for £15

dave

Social source share