Nate Evans....on 'the One And Only' ?

Soul-slider

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Graham Norton just introduced a 'Temptations' tribute act on the show with, 'Nate Evans'!! Must admit he's about that age and "All the way from L.A".

Yes it is THE ex Impression himself!

He's doing "Main Squeeze", "Get In Touch With Me' and "This Time With Feeling" on Antiques Roadshow tomorrow night!

:lol:

Social source share

Guest veep1296
Graham Norton just introduced a 'Temptations' tribute act on the show with, 'Nate Evans'!! Must admit he's about that age and "All the way from L.A".
Social source share

Guest veep1296

OOPS!

Yes it is . He appears in The Temps at The Ledgends show Imperial Palace in Las Vegas.

Have his cellphone number from a couple of years back. Dean Courtney introduced him to a few of us.

Actually may see him week after next when there.

David

Social source share

OOPS!

Yes it is . He appears in The Temps at The Ledgends show Imperial Palace in Las Vegas.

Have his cellphone number from a couple of years back. Dean Courtney introduced him to a few of us.

Actually may see him week after next when there.

David

Makes you wonder how many Northern Soul 'stars' are cutting it as Motown/Stax tribute acts.

Saw a group in Spain couple of years back calling themselves 'The Majestics'. They basically did Motown stuff...Four Tops, Temps, Contours etc and they were all young guys except for the lead singer, he was in his late 50's. He was introduced as Richard Taylor.

Social source share

Makes you wonder how many Northern Soul 'stars' are cutting it as Motown/Stax tribute acts.

Saw a group in Spain couple of years back calling themselves 'The Majestics'. They basically did Motown stuff...Four Tops, Temps, Contours etc and they were all young guys except for the lead singer, he was in his late 50's. He was introduced as Richard Taylor.

Every single person in Chicago who was in a group who is performing now is in a motown tribute group. It's funny, they'll introduce themselves by which temptation they play (like "I'm eddie kendricks!"). Occasionally they'll be one of the four tops, but rarely. If you see some tribute group somewhere and it's some older guys, you should always go up to the older guys and ask if they sang in a group in the 60s or 70s.

Social source share

He's been touring with the Temptations for a while now, he was in the line up the toured the UK in the late 80's with David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks. I remember the introductions of each of the group members, and clapping loudest and longest when Nate Evans was introduced. Top night!!

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

I notice the Vikings aka Erik & the Vikings still perform with their original line up. Oddly they seem to be doing a Marvin Gaye tribute, don't know if that's their schtick now or if it's a one or two off jobbie...

They claim to be the only ex-Motown act still performing with the original line up...

I think they may be right. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Yes, it was indeed The Nate Evans. I was the Lionel Richie 'super fan' on the program and Nate and the guys stayed over in our hotel. Had a great night chatting with the guys. I think it is 4.30am before Richie whent to bed and they had to be up at 6 for their flight! Went over to seem them perform in Vegas a few months later.

When they appeared on the show they were in a class of thier own - bay far the best of the professional tribute acts, and when i swa them in Vegas they were just superb. The were due to finish in Vegas the following month. I might get in touch and see where they are now so I can go see them again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert