Any Musicians Out There

Guest posstot

Guest posstot

Hello all, just a thought..i used to be quite handy,(even if i do say so myself)on the drums. I'd put my favourite tunes on the stereo and play along...learning tracks like LANDSLIDE, I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER, LOVE RUNS OUT, ONLY YOUR LOVE CAN SAVE ME, PARIS BLUES, TO NAME BUT A FEW.... I've not had a kit for long while now, but with practice i feel it wouldn't be long before i got myself back on track.....does anybody else play an instrument well enough to have a bit of a jam session , as it were. "Trying" there hand at actually playing some 60's soul RnB type stuff for a bit of a giggle. I know of a little room for a session, with a kit and is cheap to hire for an hour or two...one evening a week?

i can't read music..and don't want to upset anybodies already "established" bands, was just wondering if anybody within a reasonable radius of the Warrington area would be interested......in trying a session out?

atb Mike

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest posstot

Good luck Mike. If I was up there I would join you.

looks like i'm on my own!!! thanks Carl...i'll hang on and hopefully some peeps might just turn up!!

By the way Carl, good luck in your quest....Woulld really be special to here your compositions using authentic instruments/musicians........you definately have a true feeling for the music...you have got it nailed with the melody and arrangement sounds authentic...ric tic enthused to me!!! If you ever need a drummer!! lol's Mike

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Hi mate

I live in Manchester and could be up for a little workout if you need some vocals..Was the lead singer in a band a few years ago and always looking to shoot my big gob off some more :unsure: ... Would have to find the right tunes though, i have been looking to do a project for a good while and plenty great tunes to take on....

Maybe a booking at Cleethorpes or Prestatyn in the near future.. :D

Send me a pm mate...

Social source share

Guest posstot

Thanks for reply and good to see that you have the Roy Hamilton voice ohmy.gif .. You can't go far wrong there... All the best and drop us all a soundfile when you have the album out :unsure:

I meant to say Roy has a voice similar to mine!!! :P

Social source share

Hello all, just a thought..i used to be quite handy,(even if i do say so myself)on the drums. I'd put my favourite tunes on the stereo and play along...learning tracks like LANDSLIDE, I FEEL GOOD ALL OVER, LOVE RUNS OUT, ONLY YOUR LOVE CAN SAVE ME, PARIS BLUES, TO NAME BUT A FEW.... I've not had a kit for long while now, but with practice i feel it wouldn't be long before i got myself back on track.....does anybody else play an instrument well enough to have a bit of a jam session , as it were. "Trying" there hand at actually playing some 60's soul RnB type stuff for a bit of a giggle. I know of a little room for a session, with a kit and is cheap to hire for an hour or two...one evening a week?

i can't read music..and don't want to upset anybodies already "established" bands, was just wondering if anybody within a reasonable radius of the Warrington area would be interested......in trying a session out?

atb Mike

Nice thought this, I play the Guitar and my son plays the Base Guitar, but alas time and distance will keep us apart. Best of luck with your venture.

chris

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

I was in a band for 12 years till last year when we split up, in our early years we covered Sam Dees - lonely for you baby, small faces, yardbirds, pretty things ect.

I was the drummer in a band called Real crazy apartment, there are two home made videos in youtube.

I play a bit of bass, but have not touched it for years and i know a few chords on the keyboard as well.

also have a full PA for hire for band and soul nights.

Not to sure about playing in a band at the mo thou :wicked:

Pete Griff

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Wrong area again. If you'd care to move to the general area between Bumigam and Lannun I'd be into it, my band's having another haitus at the moment... smile.gif

Social source share

Guest posstot

I was in a band for 12 years till last year when we split up, in our early years we covered Sam Dees - lonely for you baby, small faces, yardbirds, pretty things ect.

I was the drummer in a band called Real crazy apartment, there are two home made videos in youtube.

I play a bit of bass, but have not touched it for years and i know a few chords on the keyboard as well.

also have a full PA for hire for band and soul nights.

Not to sure about playing in a band at the mo thou :huh:

Pete Griff

I think it would be more a tinkle on the ivorys' than a band as such....play a few tracks seee if we can copy the track,just a general jam session .for the crack!!! By the way..Pete..are you a lord or an earl....or have you won the lottery....p.a's expensive records scooters web sites.....the fook of earl!! or what? :no:

will look on you tube to see the band lookin foorward to it!!!

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

The kids starve and my partner has no clothes, so i can keep my hobbies going. Oh, and i got knocked of my Lambretta and got my leg and wrist smashed up, would rather be a duke though :huh:

Pete Griff

Social source share

Guest posstot

The kids starve and my partner has no clothes, so i can keep my hobbies going. Oh, and i got knocked of my Lambretta and got my leg and wrist smashed up, would rather be a duke though smile.gif

Pete Griff

Pete(the duke)Griffin it is then!! dont forget your monical,cane and cloak in march!! lol's

Mike

Social source share

Guest Brian J

I used to play tenor sax in a band for about 7 years, about 8 years ago.

We covered Atlantic and Stax stuff as well as a couple of Al Green and Van Morrison numbers.

The only real 'Northern' tunes we covered were Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure

and I'm A Big Man - Big Daddy Rogers.

Although just before we split, we'd started rehearsing Willie Mitchell - That Driving Beat.

post-2798-1202665545_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest posstot

We covered Atlantic and Stax stuff as well as a couple of Al Green and Van Morrison numbers.

The only real 'Northern' tunes we covered were Nolan Porter - If I Could Only Be Sure

Although just before we split, we'd started rehearsing Willie Mitchell - That Driving Beat.

Are you going on the list then?? thats a drummer, a saxophonist. and a singer......

any guitarists out there!!

Social source share

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And very good u where too Bri :thumbup:

x Ian Cunliffe

Social source share

Guest Brian J

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x Ian Cunliffe

Hey up Ian and thanks mate! :thumbup:

You saw us at our early stage.

We had 2 other singers since then

and did get considerably better, (which is only to be expected of course).

It's just a pity our last singer decided he could make more money at karaoke! sleep3.gif:ohmy:

Needless to say he wasn't a 'proper' soulie. :ohmy:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest posstot

x Ian Cunliffe

looks as though this area is lackin in guitarists!!!

A Saxophonist...a singer...and a drummer....Where are all you guitarists??? and you little tinklers

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

It's just a pity our last singer decided he could make more money at karaoke! sleep3.gif:ohmy:

Needless to say he wasn't a 'proper' soulie. :D

:lol: Tell me about it.... :lol:

It's the same old song...

Social source share

Guest posstot

:huh: Tell me about it.... :thumbup:

It's the same old song...

that must be why we buy the vinyl...cos no fecker can play anything!!! :thumbsup: i'll go and run a bath then!! tongue.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert