Vocalists / Musicians Needed For Soul Band

Pete S

Without taking the p*ss, have a read of this and tell me if there would be any interest in this sort of thing, it's an email I got from a mate and I don't know whether there's any interest or demand for this sort of thing but at least they are not The Commitments so thats one plus point...

"I'm forming a band with an old music pal doing mainly soul/Northern covers. He's a veteran of the old club scene.

We will avoid the the cliched 'Commitments' end of things - no Mustang Sally then - but won't be too obscure either, so it will be Elgins, Spinners, Velvelettes type of territory.

Do you know of any musos/singers to fit the bill? We've got keyboard, bass and backing singers sorted. Any advice or contacts would be great. We're based in Stafford. We're both nearing 50 and backing singers are teens, so age doesn't matter".

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I would think there is mileage in this Pete.

I for one would enjoy a cover band as long as they were professional in there attidude and had some talent.

These days fiftysomethings can probably still 'cut it' unlike some of our 'heroes' who have lost it through reason of advancing years.

M. thumbsup.gif

ps I had to read the post twice before I realised it wasn't you who was starting the band :unsure::shades:

Social source share

I would think there is mileage in this Pete.

I for one would enjoy a cover band as long as they were professional in there attidude and had some talent.

These days fiftysomethings can probably still 'cut it' unlike some of our 'heroes' who have lost it through reason of advancing years.

M. thumbsup.gif

ps I had to read the post twice before I realised it wasn't you who was starting the band :boxing::yes:

No if it were my band I'd be playing Ramones covers mainly :yes:

Social source share

I used to be lead singer in a rock band in Manchester in the 70s as well as going to the Mecca Wigan Ritz etc.

I asked my colleagues to do heavy metal version of tainted love but they wernt into soul so it was shelved- 3 months later Soft cell have number 1 with it!

My real claim to fame is I sang on stage with Helen Shapiro when I was 4years old singing Walkin back to hapiness when it was number 1.

My daughter is 4 and she cant stop singing "Dont pity me"

Now that would be Novel - Drummer Guitar and bass player all 50 years of age-lead Singer -4 :P:D

Social source share

Guest JJMMWGDuPree

Without taking the p*ss, have a read of this and tell me if there would be any interest in this sort of thing, it's an email I got from a mate and I don't know whether there's any interest or demand for this sort of thing but at least they are not The Commitments so thats one plus point...

"I'm forming a band with an old music pal doing mainly soul/Northern covers. He's a veteran of the old club scene.

We will avoid the the cliched 'Commitments' end of things - no Mustang Sally then - but won't be too obscure either, so it will be Elgins, Spinners, Velvelettes type of territory.

Do you know of any musos/singers to fit the bill? We've got keyboard, bass and backing singers sorted. Any advice or contacts would be great. We're based in Stafford. We're both nearing 50 and backing singers are teens, so age doesn't matter".

Now that sounds uncannily like the band I was in late 80s early 90s. I wish your mate the very best of luck because I'm convinced that there is an audience for this kind of music played live, but oboy, it's murder keeping the band together...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert