York Soul Club 10th May

Guest tony hatfield

Guest tony hatfield

Fantastic crowd last night, hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did!!! Blinding spots from both of our guest djs STEVE WILSON from UP THE BORO and KENNY BURRELL great stuff, also big thanks once again to our resident Dj JOHN PARKER always comes up with the goods.

Great to hear things like The Mellow Souls. Jesse James, Antelects, Jerry Shivers, Kenny finished off with JD Bryant "YOU WILL BE COMING BACK" Please.

Would be great to have full playlists from all djs on the night if poss.

Thankyou to everyone who came and supported us and making last night a success, great to see the North East crew once again, Mick from Todmorden glad you had a goodun, Cath hope all was ok at the4 Old Grey Mare, Gary from Northallerton hope you had a good kip in the Van!! The Wilton Crew, the Harrogate connection and Martin and the Hull contingent (see you on 23rd) the scarborough crew and not forgetting our faithful York support.

Hope i have covered everyone, but i know i hav'nt as so many faces there.

My Playlist as follows.

Girl I Love You The sinceres Pzazz

Quit While Im Ahead Lonzine cannon Philips

Your Love Keeps drawing Me Closer Johnson Hawkins Capsoul

I never never Knew Bad Weather Inc Bad Weather

sweetest Girl in the world Roger Hatcher Excello

Hey you dont fight it The Montclairs Arch

Ill Come Running back The delegates of Soul Up look

Pushed out of the Picture The Spidells Coral

Watch out little girl The Invitations MGM

Mellow Feeling Barbara Lynn Love

Leave a little love Patti Austin Coral

She Wont Come Back The Hesitations Kapp

No Other Way The Cautions Shrine

What More do you Want The stratoliners federal

Give Me Love Tootsie Rollers Me-o

Just Love Me Sylvia St clair Brunswick

Cant let it Ride The Boston Hitesmen Mta

Soul searcher Eddy Hughes Bard

Keep Loving Me Silky Hargreaves Dearborn

Another Day The ascots Mir-a -don

I need your love The Dynamics RCA

Nobody but you The Wooden Nickels

Baby baby take a chance on me Jack Montgomery Revue

All phots etc and News will be on our website www.yorksoulclub.com hope ive covered everything, once again thanks for a top night to all.

We are back on the 5th July Guests Are ARTHUR FENN and MARIA O should be another goodun..

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest espo

Brilliant night here---absolutely jaw dropping stuff from Kenny Burrell who flatly refused the offer of unlimited sex with me just for a look to see what else he had in that box

Tony and John as always do the business

Its a pleasure to play to this lot---top crowd as usual

Anyway heres mine in no particular order (except for the last one)

Bobby Reed --The time is right for love--Bell

Bill Brandon--The streets got my lady---Piedmont

Ultimates---Girl ive been trying to tell you--Br-Roma

Exits---Another sundown in watts--Kapp

Miracle Walkers---Love in my soul---Scamm

Clarence Hill--A lot of lovin goin round---Mainstream

The Sparkels---Try love--Old town

The Falcons--love look in her eyes--Big Wheel

Houston Outlaws---Aint no telling--Westbound

Rocky Gil---Its not the end--Tear drop

Imaginations---Strange Neighbourhood--Fraternity

Harry Starr--Another time Another place--end

Johnny Copeland--I aint Gonna Take It--Atlantic

Johnnie Mae Mathews---Two Sided Thing--Big Hit

Dusty Wilson---Cant do without you--Bronse

Paul Smith---Aint that something--Jacklyn

Frank Howard ---Judy---Excello

Willie Tee ---First taste of hurt---Gatur

Joe Valentine--ive lost the only love i ever had--Val

Gary Dean---You can say---Young

Seminoles---You can lump it--Midtown

Curly Moore---You dont mean---Sansu

And the best end record in our street--George Smith---Ive had it--Turntable

Thanks to T&T,John for asking me down ---a propa good night

Steve

Guest Trevski

Excelent turn out for York's PREMIER soul nite. Does what it says, O.V.O, delivering top class Rare and current tunes. Others only try, TT&J succeed :lol:

Top tune of the night IMHO Kenny's Gerri Shivers "Lets try it again" Pat. Backing vocals lifted strait from the Delettes "What's the use" which is no bad thing! Nice to have good weather for the 'terrace' too!

PS Thanks to Steve for the Exits "Another sundown in Watts" Kapp. Quality tune not often played, mores the pity! :rolleyes:

PPS loved the notice on the front door, "No boots in the clubhouse" Is this a statement of the music policy? laugh.gif

Edited by Trevski

Really glad to see you had a good night T&T, Had a phone call off a very good friend of mine this morning from up here saying he and his wife had a good night, seems york is the place to be at the moment for a good night out on the soul scene, as long as we all keep TRYING!!! soul can only go forward in york well done chaps see you soon :rolleyes:

John & Tony

Top night,it was like been at a nighter with the music played.Wouldn't like to chose between the dj's as all sets were brilliant.Agree with Trev about the Gerri Shivers,a newie to me but sounded great.So looking forward to July for the next one.

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

well me and karen's first visit to york,great night,quality music throughout,can't remember hearing a bad record all night,yeah gerri shivers had me and trev scratching our heads as to where we'd heard the backing vocals before,the deletts,good shout trev,if you've not been before, give this place a try,highly recommended :wave:

Mick

An awesome night. Many thanks to everyone involved, and thanks to Steve Wilson for recommending it to us. Well worth it! We'll be back as soon as our dates allow.

Superb night again

Fantastic guest playlists

Friendly knowlegable crowd

Full floor

What more can you want

Agree about thr Gerri Shivers--never heard it before--

Great to hear the Rocky Gil record from Steve

My Playlist ---in no particular order

Vikki Styles The Tears Won't Stop Falling Odex

Patrinell Staten Little Love Affair Sepia

Belita Woods Foolish Girl c/up

Kim Weston You Hit Me Jobete Studio Acetate

Magnetics When I'm With My Baby Sable

Ted Wilson I Can't take no More Sierra

Gene Toones What More Do You Want Simco

Phonetics Just a Boys Dream Trudel

The Moments Baby I Want You Hog

Joanne Courcy I Got The Power Twirl

Hayes Cotton Black Wings Have My Angel Resist

Camaros Were Not Too Young Dar Cha

Belita Woods Surprise C/UP

Bobby Kline Say Something Nice To Me MB

Fortson and Scott Sweet Lover Pzazz

Lil Major Williams Girl Your So Sweet Palladium

George Lemons Fascinating Girl Gold Soul

Appreciations No No No Awake

Magnetics Count The Days Sable

Bill Bush I'm Waiting Ronn

Bob and Fred I'll Be On My Way Big Mack

Jokers Soul Sounds SkoField

Ray Pollard This Time Shrine

Shirley Edwards Dream My Heart Shrine

Blue Sharks These Things.. Big Mack

Al Williams I Am Nothing Palmer

?Candy and The Kisses Mr.Creator Studio Acetate

Joe Jama My Life Optimum

Lenny Curtis Nothing Can Help Me Hit

Showmen The Wrong Girl Minit

See you all in July

Don't forget the Bridlington Weekender at the end of June

TTFN

Guest Dale

WELL TONE,TRACE AND JOHN ANOTHER GREAT NITE,FIRST UP STEVE'S SET, HE REALLY DID START PROCEEDINGS OFF AND GOT THE ATMOSPHERE ROLLING WHICH I THINK LASTED THE WHOLE NITE, RECORD FOR ME ROCKY GILL-ITS NOT THE END MUST BE A FIRST TIME AIRING OF THIS AT YORK AS FOR THE GERRI SHIVERS PLAYED BY KENNY( THANKS FOR THIS ONE KENNY WENT DOWN VERY WELL ME THINKS).

GREAT SET FROM OUR HOST TONE,THE NEW ONE SOUNDED GREAT TONE,BET IT WOULD SOUND FANTASTIC ON A LITTLE SILVER DISC FOR THE TRIP OVER TO MIDDLETON ON SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!.

LAST UP JP RECORD FOR ME MUST BE THE TED WILSON-I CANT TAKE NO MORE WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS UN JOHN OR HAVE I MISSED THIS ONE PLAYED AT YORK, SURELY NOT?

ANYWAY BIG TA TO ALL T&T JOHN,STEVE AND KENNY BLOODY AWSOME NITE, OR AND A GREAT CROWD TO

DALE

Edited by Dale

WELL TONE,TRACE AND JOHN ANOTHER GREAT NITE,FIRST UP STEVE'S SET, HE REALLY DID START PROCEEDINGS OFF AND GOT THE ATMOSPHERE ROLLING WHICH I THINK LASTED THE WHOLE NITE, RECORD FOR ME ROCKY GILL-ITS NOT THE END MUST BE A FIRST TIME AIRING OF THIS AT YORK AS FOR THE GERRI SHIVERS PLAYED BY KENNY( THANKS FOR THIS ONE KENNY WENT DOWN VERY WELL ME THINKS).

GREAT SET FROM OUR HOST TONE,THE NEW ONE SOUNDED GREAT TONE,BET IT WOULD SOUND FANTASTIC ON A LITTLE SILVER DISC FOR THE TRIP OVER TO MIDDLETON ON SATURDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!.

LAST UP JP RECORD FOR ME MUST BE THE TED WILSON-I CANT TAKE NO MORE WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING THIS UN JOHN OR HAVE I MISSED THIS ONE PLAYED AT YORK, SURELY NOT?

ANYWAY BIG TA TO ALL T&T JOHN,STEVE AND KENNY BLOODY AWSOME NITE, OR AND A GREAT CROWD TO

DALE

must be one of the few downsides of being in south of france !!!!-go on rub our noses in it ...

IN CROWD Weekender@NORTHAMPTON.23-26 MAY 08. Live acts-The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, The Shades of Blue/Valadiers, Kenny Bernard, Angela Lewis Brown. DJs GINGER TAYLOR, SEAN CHAPMAN, NIGE BROWN, JO WALLACE, HITSVILLE CHALKY, PHIL RICHARDS, ANDY BELLWOOD, PAUL DONNELLY,TONY DELLAR, CHRIS MORGAN, GLENN BELLAMY, KARL BODDINGTON, CATRIONA & PADDY GRADY. Details including accommodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Perpignan the French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End! 19 - 21 June

DJ's: Phil Shields & Liam Quinn (Belfast Soul Club),Chris "Bearsoul" Morgan (Taste of Honey, Manchester),Tony Jackson (Greatstone Soul Club, Manchester),Paul Rockey (North Wales),Chic (Manchester),Maria Willingham + Special Guest (Middleton),Andy Bellwood (York),Steve Cato (Soul or Nothing),Richard Bergman (Manchester).Thursday: Apritif and Wine Tasting in a typical caf till 00h00.Friday: Soul Steppin' Party till 01h30.Saturday: Apritif on terrace till 9', Soul film at theatre for those who want, All niter till 5' in the morning, big wooden floor. Cheap flights with Ryanair, BMI baby, Easyjet. Full details to follow, in the meantime for further info , accommodation etc contact Rapha«l Van Weyenbergh [dr_braces@hotmail.com]'

Edited by andybellwood
Guest Dale

must be one of the few downsides of being in south of france !!!!-go on rub our noses in it ...

IN CROWD Weekender@NORTHAMPTON.23-26 MAY 08. Live acts-The Impressions, Undisputed Truth, The Shades of Blue/Valadiers, Kenny Bernard, Angela Lewis Brown. DJs GINGER TAYLOR, SEAN CHAPMAN, NIGE BROWN, JO WALLACE, HITSVILLE CHALKY, PHIL RICHARDS, ANDY BELLWOOD, PAUL DONNELLY,TONY DELLAR, CHRIS MORGAN, GLENN BELLAMY, KARL BODDINGTON, CATRIONA & PADDY GRADY. Details including accommodation www.northernsoulradio.co.uk .Tel 01604759719

Perpignan the French capital of Catalan (SE France) Soul Week-End! 19 - 21 June

DJ's: Phil Shields & Liam Quinn (Belfast Soul Club),Chris "Bearsoul" Morgan (Taste of Honey, Manchester),Tony Jackson (Greatstone Soul Club, Manchester),Paul Rockey (North Wales),Chic (Manchester),Maria Willingham + Special Guest (Middleton),Andy Bellwood (York),Steve Cato (Soul or Nothing),Richard Bergman (Manchester).Thursday: Apritif and Wine Tasting in a typical caf till 00h00.Friday: Soul Steppin' Party till 01h30.Saturday: Apritif on terrace till 9', Soul film at theatre for those who want, All niter till 5' in the morning, big wooden floor. Cheap flights with Ryanair, BMI baby, Easyjet. Full details to follow, in the meantime for further info , accommodation etc contact Rapha«l Van Weyenbergh [dr_braces@hotmail.com]'

COME ON ANDY WOULD WE REALLY DO THAT TO YOU,HOPE YA BOTH HAVING FUN SEE YA BOTH SOON

Guest tony hatfield

John & Tony

Top night,it was like been at a nighter with the music played.Wouldn't like to chose between the dj's as all sets were brilliant.Agree with Trev about the Gerri Shivers,a newie to me but sounded great.So looking forward to July for the next one.

Cheers

Martyn

www.hullsoulclub.com

Recent email from Kenny and Rona

Quote Kenny "Just to let you know we had a ball on Saturday, i was excptionally impressed by the music all night and of course the Knowledge of the crowd"

Here is Kennys Playlist from saturday mighty impressive.

Soul Brothers Inc Pyramid Golden Eye

Jimmy Bo Horne I Just cant speak Dade

John & Weirdest Cant get over these Memories Tie

Chicco Lamarr What Do You Think I Am Fuller

Springers Nothings Too Good For My Baby Wales

Rita & Tiaras Gone With The wind Dore

Admirations You Left Me Peaches

Antellecs Love Slave Fladaviour

Timmie Williams Competition Mala

Trannells Blessed with Love Flo-jo

Walter & Admirations Man oh Man La cindy

Eddie Parker Im gone Awake

Damon Fox Packin Up Fairmount

Ward Burton Sweet Temptation Panther

Ester Grant Lets Make the Most Wilstone

Bobby Rich Theres A Girl somewhere Sambea

Anderson Bros I Can see Him making love To You GSF

Gerri Shivers Lets Try Again Pat

Tripps Theres that mountain Soundville

Don Gardner Cheatin Kind Sedgrick

Jesse James Loves alright Virtue Accitate

Mello Souls We Can Make It Mello

Inspirations No One Else Can Take your Place Breakthrough

Magnetics I Have A Girl Rasel

Ray agee Im Losing Again Soultown

Lester Tipton This Wont Change La beat

Inticers Since You Left Baby luv

Poets Wrapped Around Your finger j-2

Buddy Smith When you Lose the One Brute

JD Bryant I Wont be Coming Back Shrine

Cant Say no More than those that have posted, glad you had a goodun

Best T&T

Excelent turn out for York's PREMIER soul nite. Does what it says, O.V.O, delivering top class Rare and current tunes. Others only try, TT&J succeed :wub:

Top tune of the night IMHO Kenny's Gerri Shivers "Lets try it again" Pat. Backing vocals lifted strait from the Delettes "What's the use" which is no bad thing! Nice to have good weather for the 'terrace' too!

PS Thanks to Steve for the Exits "Another sundown in Watts" Kapp. Quality tune not often played, mores the pity! thumbsup.gif

PPS loved the notice on the front door, "No boots in the clubhouse" Is this a statement of the music policy? laugh.gif

spot on Trev -York Soul Club is rather special :shhh: and only sorry we missed this one :D as to the 'boots' couldn't be more apt -no cds either :thumbup:

Source Advert