Willie & The Mighty Magnificents

Got a copy of Willie & The Mighty Magnificents Take My Love w/d on All Platinum today.

Done a bit of searching and seen it on recent sales for anywhere from $30 to $60. Are these usual prices? Guy I bought it from was trying to sell it for $400!!(i hate record price guides) but I talked him down to about $50 and it's in NM condition. Although it appears I did get taken on that one, I got a decent copy of Tony Middleton-Paris Blues demo for $40.

Thanks,

Nick

Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This record has been going up a bit in price over the past 6 months or so. You used to be able to find it for $10 because I guess most people are after the tune "Check It Baby" which is only included on the issue copies. "Take My Love" is a better tune in my opinion and it doesn't surprise me that the demo copies now are going up in price as well. Have seen it lately for $40-$70 so the $50 you payed doesn't seem too out-of-line. I sold an issue copy (which is very hard to find) on eBay about 3 weeks ago for $666. I noticed that Manship has recently put up an issue copy for auction, it will be interesting to see what it ends at.

Social source share

This record has been going up a bit in price over the past 6 months or so. You used to be able to find it for $10 because I guess most people are after the tune "Check It Baby" which is only included on the issue copies. "Take My Love" is a better tune in my opinion and it doesn't surprise me that the demo copies now are going up in price as well. Have seen it lately for $40-$70 so the $50 you payed doesn't seem too out-of-line. I sold an issue copy (which is very hard to find) on eBay about 3 weeks ago for $666. I noticed that Manship has recently put up an issue copy for auction, it will be interesting to see what it ends at.

Take My Love is on their first LP as well.

Some fabulous non-45 dancers on both their LPs

Social source share

"Take My Love" is a better tune in my opinion and it doesn't surprise me that the demo copies now are going up in price as well.

That's what I thought...when I got home and listened to "Check It Baby" I couldn't believe that was the selling side.

Edited by Souleful
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert