Absolute Sacrilige

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's been about for a while now,complete and utter shite.So was the original,awful record,why anyone would want to remix it,it beggars belief.

Its a great track bastardised by a feckin PILOOCK! :Pohmy.gif

:lol:

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Agree with you a 100% Pete,what a load of old Tosh,whats more worrying though it was played at the Orwell :thumbsup::sleep3: ,

but are they aiming at the younger market?,or trying to make a quick buck out of the scene??.

Dave f..........

Exactly what i thought. I was lead to believe on here that it was one of the 'up front' places.

Terrible way to treat a classic !

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Exactly what i thought. I was lead to believe on here that it was one of the 'up front' places.

Terrible way to treat a classic !

Point of order lads it was played at the upstairs soulfull dance room which has now opend on the same night totally different format to the Soul room downstairs.

Guaranteed that it would not have been played out in the Orwell room.

As for The Orwell being "up front" I dont think it has ever tried to portray its self as that.

It is just a few mates running a venue that plays a balance of soul music that is musically for me excellant. Just the right balance of 6ts 7ts ,crossover and a smattering of quality new releases . It caters thankfully for a small minority who prefer this type of stuff .

Social source share

Point of order lads it was played at the upstairs soulfull dance room which has now opend on the same night totally different format to the Soul room downstairs.

As for The Orwell being "up front" I dont think it has ever tried to portray its self as that.

It is just a few mates running a venue that plays a balance of soul music that is musically for me excellant. Just the right balance of 6ts 7ts ,crossover and a smattering of quality new releases . It caters thankfully for a small minority who prefer this type of stuff .

Yep it is rubbish,not mighty keen on the original though really!

Re the Orwell, I don't think anybody has claimedthat it's upfront...as Adam says,it's more like a trip to the local boozer that just so happens to play some great tunes from all eras. There's no "if you don't come here then you know nowt" about this particular venue I'm glad to say :thumbsup:

Social source share

There's a thin line between being clever with sampling and being utter rubbish. Countless old soul records themselves have reused backing tracks with different lyrics as we all know (Moonlight Music and You, Go For Yourself etc) as well as also borrowing bits from different 45's ie Howard Tates - You're Looking good - lifts the middle 8 from Percy Faith - Theme From A Summer Place (yes go back and listen to them both!!!!!!!). But I like to think that some of this was done with some artistic credibility. The Pointer Sisters and Flirtations remixes are in my opinion pretty crap and pointless..........doesn't improve on the original and not using it in a different way to make it interesting...........i rest my case m'lord.

Rob

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Yep it is rubbish,not mighty keen on the original though really!

Re the Orwell, I don't think anybody has claimedthat it's upfront...as Adam says,it's more like a trip to the local boozer that just so happens to play some great tunes from all eras. There's no "if you don't come here then you know nowt" about this particular venue I'm glad to say :wicked:

Appologies for that then guys :rolleyes: Just the impression i have got from reading on here, so i guess in a way it is a credit to you that it's thought of as upfront.

Still reckon you should sack whoever played that re-mix though !! biggrin.gif

Social source share

Agree with you a 100% Pete,what a load of old Tosh,whats more worrying though it was played at the Orwell :rolleyes::wicked: ,

but are they aiming at the younger market?,or trying to make a quick buck out of the scene??.

Dave f..........

Yes it was played at The Orwell in the Soulful Dance room - I know 'cos I was the guy who played it !!!!

I only ever intended to play it once - just for a little bit of a giggle & the needle heavily weighted with irony - it was played for a bit of fun - no more no less. The dancefloor seemed to like it judging by the number of people swaying along to it with smiles on their faces.

The sad thing is the reaction on here is exactly why the scene is so screwed up - lighten up people & try enjoying yourselves every once in a while - you might get to like it!!!!

Social source share

Guest woznotwos

Yes it was played at The Orwell in the Soulful Dance room - I know 'cos I was the guy who played it !!!!

I only ever intended to play it once - just for a little bit of a giggle & the needle heavily weighted with irony - it was played for a bit of fun - no more no less. The dancefloor seemed to like it judging by the number of people swaying along to it with smiles on their faces.

The sad thing is the reaction on here is exactly why the scene is so screwed up - lighten up people & try enjoying yourselves every once in a while - you might get to like it!!!!

agree!! hate it myself but scenes changed so much. We gotta lighten up . :rolleyes: errr dont play it again!! :wicked:tongue.gif

Social source share

Thats bollocks I'm afraid. People destroying classic records is far more likely to screw up the scene than people complaining about it.

Social source share

Thats bollocks I'm afraid. People destroying classic records is far more likely to screw up the scene than people complaining about it.

As I said in my earlier post Pete it was played in jest - a bit of fun - having a laugh - people enjoying themselves- not taking things too seriously - are you beginning to get the picture?

It was played at "Soulful Dance" evening - I would not dream of playing it or wanting to hear it at a rare soul event - others might - that is their choice.

Social source share

Guest souldancer

You had to be there on the night to appreciate it. Right venue (Soulful Dance @..) right audience, perfect moment, well judged by the DJ. The dancefloor loved it.

It was all about..bringing Wigan back to Wigan in 2008! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!