Many thanks :D

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

be careful of the acetates, they all seem to be different mixes. the acetates i've heard are seriously lacking drums in the mix on the 'i'll be waiting side' but have better mixes of 'love plays funny games'. I got the issue on Claire for 'ill be waiting' and it's the best mix of it.

Willie J seems to be seriously hard, paid a wedge for mine, discovered by top lad Denbo i believe.

Social source share

Guest clanger v2

be careful of the acetates, they all seem to be different mixes. the acetates i've heard are seriously lacking drums in the mix on the 'i'll be waiting side' but have better mixes of 'love plays funny games'. I got the issue on Claire for 'ill be waiting' and it's the best mix of it.

Willie J seems to be seriously hard, paid a wedge for mine, discovered by top lad Denbo i believe.

Thanks for the info on Hayes Cotton mate.

There's a few of us looking for Feelin Kinda Lonesome I think. I must have heard it played out a number of times, but when Denbo played it over the weekend, it just grabbed me (if that makes sonse?)

Had a good chat with him too.....a top lad indeed.

Social source share

Willie J Charles is credited on 'Little Annie' so we should have all picked up on it well before we did :wave: .....was it Denbo or John Kelly who got it first?

Pretty certain it was John Kelly who found/played it first. Him and Denbo are good mates......Denbo may advise differently though.

Mark

Edited by MOT
Social source share

not that it matters, but John told me that Denbo picked it out in the US on a trip with John and gave him the copy. I heard it first of John at the Hideaway. Anyway, good work all round!

I played it at the Mousetrap the other week Al.

Just to set the record straight, I found this on a trip to Philly with John about 6 years ago.

Obviously, John went nuts over it but it was the only copy in the shop and believe me, we turned the place upside down.

From that moment on I tried very hard to track another copy down and finally located one about 2 years ago, which of course I passed immediately onto an extremely delighted John Kelly.

I played it first at the Hideaway about 3 years ago but nobody took any notice of it. Their loss I thought to myself. :shhh:

The next copy went to my pal Tommy in Oslo, which was quickly followed by the copy Mik Parry located about 6 months ago.

I'm really pleased to see it finally take off.

I have a few more tasty records like that which I think might be unknown and fit the bill. Perhaps next time people will listen more closely to what's being played, rather than who is playing them. :thumbup:

Sorry, that was just a little plug for the 'casual' DJs come record 'collectors' like myself. :D

You regular DJs do a fine job and to be honest, give me the inspiration to go out and try my best to track down these kind of records for us all to enjoy. You'll always see me with pen and paper in hand jotting down the sounds that 'float my boat' during my visits to as many of the venues playing R&B around the UK that I can manage.

But I especially enjoy my trips to the States every 2 or 3 years with John and am looking forward to my next visit quite soon. Not sure where we're going yet but it'll be great no matter where it is I'll bet. :huh:

Social source share

if i don't remember bad... near the last christmas (when tommy play it in his radioshow) a copy has been sold on fryer mantis forum for 250£ don't know who have bought it...but at all i remember well that i've bought inell young on libra and bobby guy on apt and don't have money to buy it :thumbup::shhh::D

same story few weeks after for a copy on ebay of ann caudell...goes for crazy price for me !!! around 600$

this two + carl underwood and thornton sisters are my current top want....

however someone know this one.....leroy redding "you've got the change" on baby

Social source share

Just to set the record straight, I found this on a trip to Philly with John about 6 years ago.

Obviously, John went nuts over it but it was the only copy in the shop and believe me, we turned the place upside down.

From that moment on I tried very hard to track another copy down and finally located one about 2 years ago, which of course I passed immediately onto an extremely delighted John Kelly.

I played it first at the Hideaway about 3 years ago but nobody took any notice of it. Their loss I thought to myself. :wicked:

The next copy went to my pal Tommy in Oslo, which was quickly followed by the copy Mik Parry located about 6 months ago.

I'm really pleased to see it finally take off.

I have a few more tasty records like that which I think might be unknown and fit the bill. Perhaps next time people will listen more closely to what's being played, rather than who is playing them. :rolleyes:

Sorry, that was just a little plug for the 'casual' DJs come record 'collectors' like myself. :huh:

You regular DJs do a fine job and to be honest, give me the inspiration to go out and try my best to track down these kind of records for us all to enjoy. You'll always see me with pen and paper in hand jotting down the sounds that 'float my boat' during my visits to as many of the venues playing R&B around the UK that I can manage.

But I especially enjoy my trips to the States every 2 or 3 years with John and am looking forward to my next visit quite soon. Not sure where we're going yet but it'll be great no matter where it is I'll bet. :no:

Must not have been there when u first played it denbo, I listen to everything mate, I first heard John play it early doors at a fairly empty Hideaway, I got straight on the dancefloor and added it to the wants. My twtichy ear for early doors sounds, this time from Paul sadot also got me the Johnathan Capri. I dont give a f*** if Brian Matthews plays it, if i like it, i'm after the fucker. biggrin.gif

in fairness though, everyone can be having a chat and miss something now and then. I only just recently got that LB Wilson despite my mate Gav arno having played it at our club and since sold it - 10 years ago! i9 think the atmosphere of a club and the sound has a lot to do with doing new tunes their justice.

Social source share

Must not have been there when u first played it denbo, I listen to everything mate, I first heard John play it early doors at a fairly empty Hideaway, I got straight on the dancefloor and added it to the wants. My twtichy ear for early doors sounds, this time from Paul sadot also got me the Johnathan Capri. I dont give a f*** if Brian Matthews plays it, if i like it, i'm after the fucker. :lol:

in fairness though, everyone can be having a chat and miss something now and then. I only just recently got that LB Wilson despite my mate Gav arno having played it at our club and since sold it - 10 years ago! i9 think the atmosphere of a club and the sound has a lot to do with doing new tunes their justice.

Hi Mik,

Like you said, chances are you weren't even at the Hideaway the night I played it and to be fair, I don't see you there every time it's on. Let's face it, we can't be everywhere at the same time and we can't always make every venue we'd like to, now can we. Having said that, we do try our best don't we. Remember that night at the Mousetrap?

Anyhow, keep up the good work Mik, I admire your get up and go attitude towards records you think fit the bill and I think you do a great job for our little scene.

Denbo.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Source Advert