Marc Forrest

• Replies 67
  • Views 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Tony Daniels "I Won`t Cry" Beval Mint 650 UKP

Dolly Gilmore "My Sweet Man" Right On Mint minus 175 UKP (fab Modern doublesider, better version!)

Terry Callier "Look At Me Now" Cadet 275 UKP

Joe Jama "My Life" Ex (plays EX plus) 1000 UKP

Here`s whats left, Joe Jama`s back in town as he sadly had to find out he wasn`t wanted and needed by his new owner in spe anymore :D If those kind people who were also interested in this record but were given a negative answer from me because of the fact I thought the 45 had been sold by then already get back to me please as I don`t have them old pm`s anymore.

Many thanks.

Marc

FINAL AND LAST UPDATE:

Dolly Gilmore "My Sweet Man" Right On Mint minus HOLD

Tony Daniels "I Won`t Cry" Beval Mint SOLD

Joe Jama "My Life" Ex (plays EX plus) SOLD

Thanks to all for your highly appreciated interest :thumbsup:

Marc

Social source share

• 3 months later...
Guest sean daniels

The price of Joe Jama and Clarence Hill seems very reasonable too..

Thats because this lad is a genuine fella and not in it for the greed of money but for the love and passion of the music. My kind of people............

Social source share

Forget that, just found out im after the DOVE version....cheers Paul

Hi Paul, "Sweet" is the same tune as on Dove...flipside on the Right On release is a different (and better IMHO) tune though. Still nobody could enlighten me about the connection between these two or the history of the Canadian Righ On 45...its not even in Manhips guide ph34r.gif ...

...by the way, I have this 45 on hold since October...didn`t think there could be another collector taking as long as I do from time to time... ph34r.gif:thumbup:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Hi Paul, "Sweet" is the same tune as on Dove...flipside on the Right On release is a different (and better IMHO) tune though. Still nobody could enlighten me about the connection between these two or the history of the Canadian Righ On 45...its not even in Manhips guide ph34r.gif ...

...by the way, I have this 45 on hold since October...didn`t think there could be another collector taking as long as I do from time to time... ph34r.gif:thumbup:

Just a bit of info'.....the Dove and Right On versions are very different mixes of the same song

Social source share

Just a bit of info'.....the Dove and Right On versions are very different mixes of the same song

can you post a soundfile of each to compare (not doubting your statement, just want to compare in full lenght) ? To me they do sound (judging from the short soundfile on JM`s) very similar..

Marc

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

can you post a soundfile of each to compare (not doubting your statement, just want to compare in full lenght) ? To me they do sound (judging from the short soundfile on JM`s) very similar..

Marc

This is the Dove version in Refosoul: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...sweet-baby-dove

Here's the Right On version which is: Ms Dolly Gilmore and called 'Sweet Sweet Man'

Edited by Val
Social source share

This is the Dove version in Refosoul: https://www.soul-source.co.uk/rare-northern...sweet-baby-dove

Here's the Right On version which is: Ms Dolly Gilmore and called 'Sweet Sweet Man'

Thanks Val ! Fantastic. And you are right, apparently very much different. Still I must say I like the Right On version more...but then again I am a lost "Disco Kid" anyway :rolleyes:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up this old topic but i have just been offered the Right on version from a guy in the States...

So, I have heard both versions, think i prefer the Dove version to be honest. What would be a fair value on the Right on version...? I might have to play it on minus 4!!

Chris.

ps, The Right on version is growing on me!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert