• Replies 10
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

An interesting record

Jerry Walker...Mr.Limp c/w The Flowing River

Have played both the sides at York...more recently The Flowing River side...see York Soul Club November playlist

I got this record maybe 10 years ago and at the same time got the instrumental version to Mr Limp...also on Ten High

Also featured Mr.Limp as a tip for 2007...where does time go?

Not really sure what its worth--pretty rare though

Edited by john parker
Social source share

It's not called Mr Limp...totally different name...had it covered as something like.".rattle with me " cant remember now by who--have'nt played it out for ?5yrs plus and I suspect it still has the cover up label on...will dig it out when I get home and post details

Cheers

John

Edited by john parker
Social source share

I have a nice clean Mr Limp, there was one on a uk list within the last year at a rather more realistic price (uk400?) and there's been 3 on ebay inlast couple of years but 2 of those were pretty chewed. Also have the Rattler Parts 1 and 2 by the Celebrities on Ten High which think is the one you're referring to, label design is different but same producer/writer credits. Actually have a spare of that come to think of it...

Social source share

is this the same detroit ten high label as hank johnson - lost love which features the instrumental on the flip. also came

across the same instrumental by the infernos who are credited on the hank johnson flip. funnily enough the infernos as the same

release number as hank johnson but as a vietnam song as the a side.

russ

Social source share

I have a nice clean Mr Limp, there was one on a uk list within the last year at a rather more realistic price (uk400?) and there's been 3 on ebay inlast couple of years but 2 of those were pretty chewed. Also have the Rattler Parts 1 and 2 by the Celebrities on Ten High which think is the one you're referring to, label design is different but same producer/writer credits. Actually have a spare of that come to think of it...

Hi

Yes thats the one The Rattler by The Celbrities

Agree about the condition of those couple that have been for sale of Jerry Walker...was thinking of getting a spare but they were both wrecked

Social source share

also came across the same instrumental by the infernos who are credited on the hank johnson flip. funnily enough the infernos as the same release number as hank johnson but as a vietnam song as the a side. russ

I have this one.

It's on Ten High 102 (as you said Russ, same as Hank Johnson).

the a-side is Air Mail Special.

The flip is Lost Love instrumental.

Cheers

Richard

premium_stuff@hotmail.com

Social source share

Don't know if this will work - Hank Johnson - Lost Love (Ten High) thumbup.gif

This one was already on the computer. I will have to find the Infernos on 45 and stick it on am MP3.

Sorry - not sure how to do that Refosoul thingy :sleep3:

Cheers

Richard

premium_stuff@hotmail.com

11___Hank_Johnson___Lost_Love__Ten_High_.mp3

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!