Top Trumps - The Sunday Evening Dj Game

Ok here's something to stave off the boredom.

Top Trumps DJ style

A mate of mine was bragging about spending a year in Leeds living down the road from Andrew Weatherall so I was wondering who else lives near famous DJs

I think you should add points for fame but deduct for lack of soul.

And no being big headed and saying "Me - I live here" unless people outside of this forum have heard of you.

...err and some other stuff - you can tell I haven't really thought this through... :ohmy: so feel free to make up more rules.

I'll start the ball rolling with Jimmy Saville - he has a home here and his mum lived here until her death the other year

minus 5 points cos he aint really a soul jock

Plus 10 points for inventing twin decks

Anyone else want to play?

Godz

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ok here's something to stave off the boredom.

Top Trumps DJ style

A mate of mine was bragging about spending a year in Leeds living down the road from Andrew Weatherall so I was wondering who else lives near famous DJs

I think you should add points for fame but deduct for lack of soul.

And no being big headed and saying "Me - I live here" unless people outside of this forum have heard of you.

...err and some other stuff - you can tell I haven't really thought this through... :thumbsup: so feel free to make up more rules.

I'll start the ball rolling with Jimmy Saville - he has a home here and his mum lived here until her death the other year

minus 5 points cos he aint really a soul jock

Plus 10 points for inventing twin decks

Anyone else want to play?

Godz

link

[/quote

Hi mate - are you in Leeds?

Rich

Social source share

Cant boast of famous djs however

Phil Sumner (stings brother) was my brothers best man and sting came to our house a few times in sunny North Shields and was well pissed at a new years eve party at our house in 72 just before he left the North east to be bass guitarist in Curved Air.

Hilton Valentine (animals lead guitarist) is a friend He used to play every tuesday in a band called the wildcats that I had at the pub I used to manage in Whitley bay

Still talk via email to him.

Brian Johnson (AC/DC lead singer) used to live round the corner (100 yards) from me before he sang in a band called geordie (pre ACDC fame) and he was so skint he used to clean and paint the shop windoows for Mrs O'keefe who owned the shop to get groceries.

any way the only dj id like to meet and chat to is Tony Blackburn...top soulster IMHO

Geooooordie

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Danny Baker lives near me in sunny South East London.

So immediately I lose 5 points for the non -soulfulness, plus 5 back for him playing ska, but minus 500 for the Daz adverts (Danny's doorstep challenge, oh dear). But I have no idea what that leaves me with because your rules are crap! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I used to live in Belsize Park Gardens, when I first moved to London.

Directly opposite lived Chris Evans, who is a DJ I believe.

Also in the same street:

Captain Sensible, Gary Kemp, The one with the beard from Godley and Cream, Harold Pinter, Sue Cook (when she was doing Crimewatch) and Sarah crowe, (Said 'lovely' a lot in Philadelphia cheese advert).

Sue and Sarah used to chat a lot, and Chris once brought over Gaby Roslin to talk to my mum :thumbsup:

Do I yet rival Shane in the 'I know a celebrity, kick me off of here' stakes?? :ohmy:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert