Frankie Gearing (no Relation)

It's not often you hear a tune once and instantly love it "Spinning Top" I would like some more info on this artist if poss, is her album still available?

:thumbup:

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It's not often you hear a tune once and instantly love it "Spinning Top"  I would like some more info on this artist if poss, is her album still available?

:thumbup:

link

Hi

The track also came out on a 7" on BEALE STREET records. The album is long deleted.

Frankie was a member of QUIET ELEGANCE who recorded for HI records (MARTHA REEVES sister LOIS was also a member).

Derek

Social source share

Hi

The track also came out on a 7" on BEALE STREET records. The album is long deleted.

Frankie was a member of QUIET ELEGANCE who recorded for HI records (MARTHA REEVES sister LOIS was also a member).

Derek

link

Think she was also in The Glories as well :thumbsup:

Great tune by the way Frankie, and it is currently enjoying a bit of a revival in the more discerning clubs..

Social source share

Think she was also in The Glories as well  :thumbsup:

Great tune by the way Frankie, and it is currently enjoying a bit of a revival in the more discerning clubs..

link

And one that dropped through my door this week for the same price I sold it in late 80's, makes a nice change, especially as with Mr G's seal of approval it will quadruple in this week alone!! :yes::yes:

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest alison

That bloody Taffy's done it to me again!!!! Plays me a toon, I fall in love with it and now every buggers after it :-(

link

Used to be that plays to a full dancefloor made the price rise slightly on a record, now its when ever more than two people mention it on an internet list :thumbsup: Definately notice more and more that whenever a tune is mentioned, pop onto Manships site and said tune is all of a sudden out of stock.

Whoever is in charge of the updated "soul glossary 2005" please be kind enough to alter the meaning of in-demander with immediate effect :yes:

Social source share

That bloody Taffy's done it to me again!!!! Plays me a toon, I fall in love with it and now every buggers after it :-(

link

You can't blame him this time it's been sought after for many years i first heard it around 1989.

Derek

Social source share

You can't blame him this time it's been sought after for many years i first heard it around 1989.

Derek

link

Fortunately I have a copy of the album on a CD, another good track is Teardrops, would be nice to own the real thing though :thumbsup:

Social source share

Used to be that plays to a full dancefloor made the price rise slightly on a record, now its when ever more than two people mention it on an internet list  rolleyes.gif Definately notice more and more that whenever a tune is mentioned, pop onto Manships site and said tune is all of a sudden out of stock.

Whoever is in charge of the updated "soul glossary 2005" please be kind enough to alter the meaning of in-demander with immediate effect :thumbsup:

link

Lets try a bit of "reverse psychology" and call them records that are "boring" and "to be avoided"....hopefully the price will then drop? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest alison

Lets try a bit of "reverse psychology" and call them records that are "boring" and "to be avoided"....hopefully the price will then drop? rolleyes.gif

link

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Nah, it goes against the grain !

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Alison is like a fine wine - continues to get better with age...

link

How perceptive of you Steve :thumbsup: Never a truer word and all that :ohmy:

Social source share

:thumbsup: Steve, you know I never take the mick - now where's a decent photo of you for the Trading card???? :shhh:

link

:P You should know that I don't "do" photos - and in fact am trying to find some of when I was younger - even Jon Buck doesn't have any shades.gif:shhh: .Do you remember when you pointed the camera at me at Plinston and it refused to go off - twice. Sometimes people take pictures of me, and when they get them back, there's nothing there - it's all very dark and odd if you ask me blush.gif:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert