1975 - Is Northern Soul Dead On It's Feet?

Peter99

Sam - Sadsam on here, mentioned an article from an old music mag a few weeks ago. The mag was called Street Life and this particular edition was from 15th November 1975. I don't know too much about the mag but the article is an interesting read. I won't comment further just yet - so have a read and lets have some views.

Thanks to Sam for lending me the mag. Just hope I can manage to post the article up properly now! :D

Is_Northern_Soul_Dead_on_its_Feet.pdf

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Sam - Sadsam on here, mentioned an article from an old music mag a few weeks ago. The mag was called Street Life and this particular edition was from 15th November 1975. I don't know too much about the mag but the article is an interesting read. I won't comment further just yet - so have a read and lets have some views.

Thanks to Sam for lending me the mag. Just hope I can manage to post the article up properly now! :(

Is_Northern_Soul_Dead_on_its_Feet.pdf

Fcuk me I've done it! Only took me 27 attempts! :ohmy:

Not been around much lately but will be back to my foul mouthed self before too long. Now fooo.....................

It's good to be back.

:D

Social source share

Guest bazrico

Fcuk me I've done it! Only took me 27 attempts! :ohmy:

Not been around much lately but will be back to my foul mouthed self before too long. Now fooo.....................

It's good to be back.

done what after 27 attempts

Social source share

Guest bazrico

All that fooking trouble and you didn't even notice? The fookin pdf file! :ohmy:

Only joking!

Read you pdf file

still interested in the 27 attempts

would never disrepect a soulie

so there blau blau blau lol

Social source share

Guest KEN-SOUL

Fcuk me I've done it! Only took me 27 attempts! :(

It's good to be back.

:ohmy:

thats why we love you!

Social source share

Guest inspirations001

Thought more people would read this?

TRIED TO OPEN IT 27 FOOKIN TIMES BUT IT AIN'T HAVING IT. EVEN SAVED IT TO DESK TOP AND IT WON'T OPEN. HOW DO I READ IT?

Social source share

Of all the miserable gits ...............................................

You bastrads! :boxing:

Right, Paul - aka Sadsam dug this magazine out of his garage in Cambs. It's thirty years old. He placed it carefully in a cardboard, cylindrical receptical designed for posting items such as magazines or posters. He took it to the post office and posted it to me. I received said article and spent a considerable amount of time scanning the article into our computer system. After 27 attempts I managed to post it on here as a pdf file - no mean feat for someone of my very limited ability.

Paul and I thought that this was worthy of a read - for lots of reasons. Probably one of the first of it's kind. There were names of people from Nottingham and the West Midlands. Some talk of different do's.

What do we get?

"It's fookin shite"!

About ten people looked at it. Now I know I'm probably one of the biggest misery guts' on here - but surely it was worth a look. Does anyone know any of the names mentioned? Were you in Nottingham and on the scene in 1975? Do you know anything about this article? Anyone know anything about the magazine - called StreetLife?

You might think that the actual article is shite - but surely some of those questions are worthy of a bit of discussion?

Paul and I reckon yer can all fook off anyway! :D

It's good to be back, real good!

:lol:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert